Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 04:41 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,255,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
True patriots know when the country is being led by people who have an agenda that is anti-American.
So what can we true patriots do about the anti-American Republican Senators?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 06:24 AM

59,328 posts, read 27,487,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
Any opinion on his article. He also links you to some other articles that are interesting

The realists ask why Rand Paul signed on with the nutty 'neo' conservatives (Mulshine) | NJ.com
I quit reading right after, "No one was surprised when a character like Marco Rubio signed that silly letter to the Iranians.'

I knew it wouldn't be worthy any more of my time.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:26 AM

59,328 posts, read 27,487,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
True patriots don't attempt to undermine the country's international diplomatic relations.

"attempt to undermine the country's international diplomatic relations
I bet you said the exact same thing when all those dems did the same thing.

You HAVE read all the stories on them haven't you?

Old 03-15-2015, 06:28 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,513,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
True patriots know when the country is being led by people who have an agenda that is anti-American.
And phony patriots imagine they know.

And we know there's at least 47 Senators who have an agenda that's anti-American, eh?

Last edited by burdell; 03-15-2015 at 06:43 AM..

Old 03-15-2015, 06:56 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,375,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I quit reading right after, "No one was surprised when a character like Marco Rubio signed that silly letter to the Iranians.'

I knew it wouldn't be worthy any more of my time.
It was a silly letter and not worth the paper it was written on. Here is the response from Iran"s foreign minister:

Quote:
I should bring one important point to the attention of the authors and that is,
the world is not the United States, and the conduct of inter-state
relations is governed by international law, and not by US domestic law
The authors may not fully understand that in international law, governments
represent the entirety of their respective states, are responsible for the
conduct of foreign affairs, are required to fulfill the obligations they
undertake with other states and may not invoke their internal law as
justification for failure to perform their international obligations."
Iran Calls GOP Letter 'Propaganda Ploy,' Offers To 'Enlighten' Authors : The Two-Way : NPR

Zarif when on to say that any deal would have to approved by the U N security council and would not be subject to modification by congress

You do get this right? The letter is not worth a bucket of spit and if a deal is reached it would be approved/disapproved by the UN security council.

On another note I am disappointed that Paul joined in on this charade and I expected better from him and I am starting to get luke warm on my support.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:06 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,632,527 times
Quick Enough- I do not understand why you would not read the entire piece just because he took a shot at Rubio. I read opinion columns everyday from individuals I do not agree with in whole or part on a variety of issues.

Expand your mind. Neither side is entirely right or entirely wrong. The world is too complicated for such rigid views. These all or nothing positions open us up for the law of unintended consequences that compromise and consideration of outcomes could mitigate.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:25 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,345,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Paul is bright enough to know democracy does not work in the ME.

Paul makes this statement a few weeks ago and turns around and signs the letter, makes no sense.
I disagree with Paul on many things but our policy of bombing our way out of the ME hasn't worked at all so why the sudden change of heart.

Quote:

"Are you ready to send ground troops into Iran? Are you ready to bomb them?
Are you ready to send in 100,000 troops?I'm a big fan of trying to exert and
trying the diplomatic option as long as we can. If it fails, I will vote to
resume sanctions and I would vote to have new sanctions. But if you do it in the
middle of negotiations, you're ruining it."

If Sen. Paul is against "ruining it," why did he sign a letter that seeks to
do exactly that? Is he now ready to send ground troops into Iran? Is he ready to
bomb them?

Old 03-15-2015, 08:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,833,058 times
My 2 cents is that Rand Paul signed on to continue to be considered as a viable candidate worthy of financial support from the puppet masters, Sheldon and Miriam Sheldon.

The Sheldon duo and entourage were seated front row center in the visator's gallery during Netanyahu's speech before Congress. Her purse fell off the ledge and hit a Congressman in the head. Everyone knew who was in the house.

Miriam is an Israli citizen and Zionist. Sheldon's interest in and backing of Zionism began with their marriage, 25 years ago. They own one of the leading daily news publications that is pro Netanyahu. They are the big money behind Netanyahu. They own him. Sheldon has advocated for US to nuke Iran to bring them in line.

They hosted $50,000 a plate fundraising dinners in Israel for Romney. Given the stakes, both Ryan and Romney flew in on separate occasions to speak of their support of Israel and Zionism. The Adelsons contributed $ 100 million to Romney Super Pacs.

Rand Paul seems to understand that to be considered as a viable candidate for 2016 , he needs to earn the support of both Adelson and Koch, no matter the contradiction with former ideologies.

I was unaware that the author is Libertarian which explains his characterization of the Sheldons as a left wing money machine.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 03-15-2015 at 08:47 AM..

Old 03-15-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I think the columnist is pretty much right on. The idea that the US could institute a pro-US western-style democracy on these mideast countries by deposing the existing regimes has always been a silly idea.
Instituting Western style democracy in the ME is a beard.
This has always been about the petrodollar.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Paul is bright enough to know democracy does not work in the ME.
He's bright enough to know he has no shot without the Adelson $$$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies