Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 03:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,321,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Maybe Rand Paul is patriotic.
So tell me...what part of the Obama/Iran deal do you object to the most?

(Watch this folks)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 03:20 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,458,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My 2 cents is that Rand Paul signed on to continue to be considered as a viable candidate worthy of financial support from the puppet masters, Sheldon and Miriam Sheldon.

The Sheldon duo and entourage were seated front row center in the visator's gallery during Netanyahu's speech before Congress. Her purse fell off the ledge and hit a Congressman in the head. Everyone knew who was in the house.

Miriam is an Israli citizen and Zionist. Sheldon's interest in and backing of Zionism began with their marriage, 25 years ago. They own one of the leading daily news publications that is pro Netanyahu. They are the big money behind Netanyahu. They own him. Sheldon has advocated for US to nuke Iran to bring them in line.

They hosted $50,000 a plate fundraising dinners in Israel for Romney. Given the stakes, both Ryan and Romney flew in on separate occasions to speak of their support of Israel and Zionism. The Adelsons contributed $ 100 million to Romney Super Pacs.

Rand Paul seems to understand that to be considered as a viable candidate for 2016 , he needs to earn the support of both Adelson and Koch, no matter the contradiction with former ideologies.

I was unaware that the author is Libertarian which explains his characterization of the Sheldons as a left wing money machine.
Quote:
Instituting Western style democracy in the ME is a beard.
This has always been about the petrodollar.
Quote:
He's bright enough to know he has no shot without the Adelson $$$.
Quote:
If by magic ( because it would take magic) Ron Paul won his party's nomination and beat Obama, he would have likely united Congress, against him. It would have made the divide between Obama and Congress look like child's play.

Unlike his father, it appears Rand is serious about his desire to run. He knows he needs the Adelson's money. Signing the letter kept him in the race for consideration.

None of the 2016 Republican hopefuls can afford to alienate $100+ million in financial backing from the Adelsons. No one wins their party's nomination without being bought.

In some alternative universe, it would be interesting if Hillary came out in favor of nuking Iran. What would the Sheldons do then?
Quote:
Follow the $.

/ END thread

middle-aged mom won today's internet.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:00 PM

5,576 posts, read 8,026,763 times
Indeed. Rand Paul is an object lesson in subordinating one's own politics to the pursuit of power. "Compromise" and "being pragmatic" is perilous to one and one's country; together they are mile zero of the path to the dark side.

In the end, if you compromise your politics in favor of power, what does that truly get you? All it does is corrupt you and erode whatever credibility and power one has to advance the cause, because once you have "done what it takes to win" your cause will have lost. The only way to win in the true sense is to hold true to your principles, contest elections, and organize a campaign that can convert voters to the cause and mobilize them; you may not even come close the first time, but it is only by sustained and repeated application of these methods that one and one's cause can win.

Electoral politics is but a reflection of movement politics, scholarship, and organization, and it is there that the cause lives; these draw strength not from pragmatism and complexity but from purity and simplicity. There is a classic debate among libertarians and anarcho-capitalists about election campaigning versus education, but as a practical matter both exist as vehicles for the other, nourishing the whole of the cause. Ron Paul and indeed every successful radical political movement understood this reality; Rand Paul does not, and there is his greatest weakness.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:05 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,443,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So tell me...what part of the Obama/Iran deal do you object to the most?

(Watch this folks)
I object to the stupidty of thinking one can negotiate any kind of a deal with a nation that sponsors terrorism.The premise is absurd. Next...........

Old 03-15-2015, 04:10 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,279 times
Randall Paul is a spoiled rich-boy riding his daddy's racist coattails.

Which strongly suggests to me that he'll be the Republican nominee. These are the kind of people Republicans idolize.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,321,748 times
Quote:
I object to the stupidty of thinking one can negotiate any kind of a deal with a nation that sponsors terrorism.The premise is absurd. Next...........
S'what I.thought. You know nothing about the negotiations.

Negotiations are the only option. We aren't going to war with Iran.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:43 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,443,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
S'what I.thought. You know nothing about the negotiations.

Negotiations are the only option. We aren't going to war with Iran.
You will have to excuse me for not thinking you are more knowledgeable than most. Only an idiot would trust Iran.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:57 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,636,826 times
Nobody trusts Iran. The negotiations include serious requirements for inspections. If we do not get an agreement do you think Iran will not obtain nuclear capability?

Old 03-15-2015, 05:06 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,770,654 times
So Paul is blasted by the left for signing this letter and being too right wing, and by the right for not supporting Israel enough simultaneously? Tough crowd!

Old 03-15-2015, 07:14 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,958,636 times
Quote:
You will have to excuse me for not thinking you are more knowledgeable than most. Only an idiot would trust Iran.
Maybe we should surround their country with 30 bases even though they have no military? Or maybe we should overthrow their democratically elected leader and install a puppet? Or maybe no one should ever trust our government either?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies