Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 08:27 AM

59,468 posts, read 27,618,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
It was a silly letter and not worth the paper it was written on. Here is the response from Iran"s foreign minister:

Iran Calls GOP Letter 'Propaganda Ploy,' Offers To 'Enlighten' Authors : The Two-Way : NPR

Zarif when on to say that any deal would have to approved by the U N security council and would not be subject to modification by congress

You do get this right? The letter is not worth a bucket of spit and if a deal is reached it would be approved/disapproved by the UN security council.

On another note I am disappointed that Paul joined in on this charade and I expected better from him and I am starting to get luke warm on my support.
"It was a silly letter and not worth the paper it was written on'

And I could say yours is a silly post and not worth the time it took to type it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 08:31 AM

18,503 posts, read 15,333,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
...I was unaware that the author is Libertarian which explains his characterization of the Sheldons as a left wing money machine.
It is interesting reading the letters to the editor in response to his articles. Most people out there think that you can only be either a democrat or a republican. The people who write in are either democrats that think he is a republican (One that occasionally says things they agree with.). And the republicans think he is a democrat (One that occasionally says things that THEY agree with.).

It is a very left leaning newspaper, so he is really the only writer that ever says anything against the democratic party dogma.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 AM

59,468 posts, read 27,618,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
Quick Enough- I do not understand why you would not read the entire piece just because he took a shot at Rubio. I read opinion columns everyday from individuals I do not agree with in whole or part on a variety of issues.

Expand your mind. Neither side is entirely right or entirely wrong. The world is too complicated for such rigid views. These all or nothing positions open us up for the law of unintended consequences that compromise and consideration of outcomes could mitigate.
"I do not understand why you would not read the entire piece just because he took a shot at Rubio."

Sorry, I do not waste my time with opinion writers who start off with childish insults.

By doing so, he has NO credibility with me and I know the rest is going to be nothing but another biased hit piece..

"Expand your mind' Maybe YOU shouldn't attempt to insult people you nothing about.

By doing so YOU have NO credibility with me.

By the way, I DO read SERIOUS articles from BOTH sides.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:42 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,635,650 times
You just do not finish them if they have a early throw away line you do not like.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,896,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post

On another note I am disappointed that Paul joined in on this charade and I expected better from him and I am starting to get luke warm on my support.
If by magic ( because it would take magic) Ron Paul won his party's nomination and beat Obama, he would have likely united Congress, against him. It would have made the divide between Obama and Congress look like child's play.

Unlike his father, it appears Rand is serious about his desire to run. He knows he needs the Adelson's money. Signing the letter kept him in the race for consideration.

None of the 2016 Republican hopefuls can afford to alienate $100+ million in financial backing from the Adelsons. No one wins their party's nomination without being bought.

In some alternative universe, it would be interesting if Hillary came out in favor of nuking Iran. What would the Sheldons do then?

Old 03-15-2015, 08:46 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,896,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Paul makes this statement a few weeks ago and turns around and signs the letter, makes no sense.
I disagree with Paul on many things but our policy of bombing our way out of the ME hasn't worked at all so why the sudden change of heart.
Follow the $.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:01 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,380,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
If by magic ( because it would take magic) Ron Paul won his party's nomination and beat Obama, he would have likely united Congress, against him. It would have made the divide between Obama and Congress look like child's play.

Unlike his father, it appears Rand is serious about his desire to run. He knows he needs the Adelson's money. Signing the letter kept him in the race for consideration.

None of the 2016 Republican hopefuls can afford to alienate $100+ million in financial backing from the Adelsons. No one wins their party's nomination without being bought.

In some alternative universe, it would be interesting if Hillary came out in favor of nuking Iran. What would the Sheldons do then?

I hate to say it but I think you right mom. There is a difference between Rand and his father, his father stuck to his principles no matter what and the world be damned. But at the end of the day what did his father have? he did not get the nomination but he still had his principles. I would not consider that a total waste he was able to voice libertarian type ideology into the {R} party and was popular with the youth.

Rand can not win always holding on to principle he has to play the game even though siding with the Rubio/Mc Cain wing makes me want to throw up. Also in reality the stupid letter did not damage the country it was a exercise in futility. By 2016 it will all be forgotten except for the political junkies in the forum. I am not trying to give Rand cover I still do not like it but understand it.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:06 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,785,562 times
Digging the dirt, on those they don't want near the whitehouse... The media bias, to elect who they wish.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:18 PM

38,655 posts, read 26,464,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
True patriots don't attempt to undermine the country's international diplomatic relations.

How about McGovern?

Was he a patriot?

Old 03-15-2015, 02:21 PM

38,655 posts, read 26,464,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
So what can we true patriots do about the anti-American Republican Senators?

You could start by reading the Constitution.

Here`s a link...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies