Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 11:56 AM

26,551 posts, read 15,122,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I haven't seen this issue before but thanks for the link from a major news source, who knew.
Of course you haven't seen this issue from a major news source. They choose not to touch it for PC reasons. Muslim bakeries, restaurants, etc in Dearborn often block service for religious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Probably not. Most people won't protect or help Muslims who are impacted by this law. Making the original question even less valid.

I feel stupider for having taken the time to reply.
The media, including MSNBC protects Muslims right to deny service to gays and other people by choosing not to cover the fact that it frequently happens and only focus on the Christian ones.

Where are the protests that other small stores got from people around the nation when it is a Muslim business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
I'll believe this when I see a gay couple walking into a Muslim-owned bakery and ordering a wedding cake.
We all know this will never happen, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4#t=19

Old 04-03-2015, 11:57 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,822,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
This is the kind of idiotic statement which shows you guys have literally no idea what the issue is.

If a Muslim baker does not offer any pork products in his store he is EQUALLY refusing to accommodate the pork eating public, out of his religious conviction, and that is OK. You can't demand someone serve you pork if they don't serve pork to anyone. If they selectively serve pork to some but not all, however, then it becomes a problem.

However, bakers of wedding cakes make a product that they hold out for sale to the general public: wedding cakes. If you offer something to one, you have to offer for all.

Get it? If a "Christian bakery" doesn't make ANY wedding cakes, then nobody -- gay or straight -- can FORCE them to bake a wedding cake. However, if the "religion" prevents cakes for gays, race-mixing, or whatever nonsense has traditionally been opposed on religious grounds in this country --- then it's a problem.
So simple and yet so hard for many to grasp.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:01 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,256,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
how many gay muslims do you know? I don't think there are any.
Wow! you just showed how clueless you are.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
if you truly did not hate Christians this would not even be an issue right now.
And not all liberals are Christians.
Liberal Christians, like Cafeteria Catholics, picks and choose what they want to believe in.
They are hypocrites.
I'm sorry, I really had to laugh at this one! Where is your outrage over divorced folks? According to my Bible that's also one-way ticket to hell.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:10 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,536,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Not a constitutional right.
The free exercise of religion isn't? Really? I thought it was in the first amendment.

Well, if you say its not.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
A good legitimate question. They will probably be given a "pass"- if our muslim loving President has anything to say about it. I believe we'll find out one day, when our country becomes The United States of Islam. At that point, gays will wish it were a Christian nation!
LOL LOL LOL The best post so far!!! my heart really does ache for all you poor "Christian victims!"

Old 04-03-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Would it be OK to ask a Muslim Shop to make you 500 T Shirts with a cartoon picture of Muhommed on them?
By law they could turn you away, they could turn you away if you ask for shirts with Donald duck on it! It's basic constitutional law 101 that we learned in junior high school. I don't understand why you can get it?

Old 04-03-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I do read my Bible and it says explicitly that homosexual acts are a sin.
and yes Christ ate with sinners and he also instructed them and told them to go and sin no more.
I am not judging if someone goes to heaven or hell, only God can do that, but we are all called to be Christ like and point out to others their sins. If we can't do that, then we do not need a church either.
Really? What other sins do you regulatory point out on a daily basis? Or do you just pick and choose sins?

Old 04-03-2015, 12:19 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,930,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Wow! you just showed how clueless you are.
I think the poster meant still alive --they have zero tolerance for gay behavior.

I think we should take Iraq and Iran and combine them into one country and call it Irate. All the pissed off people live in one place and get it over with.

Denis Leary

Old 04-03-2015, 12:26 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,430,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
I think the poster meant still alive --they have zero tolerance for gay behavior.

I think we should take Iraq and Iran and combine them into one country and call it Irate. All the pissed off people live in one place and get it over with.

Denis Leary

Fundamentalist Christians are really only a couple steps removed from their Muslim cousins.

The only thing keeping Christianity from going full Old Testament (ironic) is that outside forces of enlightenment and liberalism worked to moderate Christianity. Let us never make the mistake of thinking it was a largely internal process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.