Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 07:51 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yes, I do know how many refueling planes they have and this information is public. With so few refueling planes, Israel does not have the means to launch multiple strikes against Iran as needed. So with this, a close support staging area, like in Kuwait, would be needed to refuel and strike, return to refuel, and go home, or, Israel get refueling support from other countries.
Clearly you don't know how many refueling planes they have because it is not public. I can tell you they have over 20 of them. When you said so few them is when I knew you didn't know. Israel most certainly do have the means to launch multiple strikes against Iran. Again you have some false information. Lastly Israel does not need to have a staging in Kuwait nor go home to refuel or from other countries. Come on stop making assumptions.

Quote:
Of course they can launch a strike within the capabilities of what they have, but that would not be enough to accomplish what they want to accomplish. There are three critical areas to strike, so they could just limit themselves to those areas, however, this would delay Iran's program, not totally destroy it, and that is provided they strike the target and damages it as hoped for. The key is to substantially delay Iran's program, not just set it back a little.
The issue is you don't know Israel capabilities and is more than enough to accomplish the said issue.

Quote:
I did not state to "go home and refuel", I said they could use Arabia or Kuwait to refuel, so aerial refueling would not be an issue.
We already stated that the Saudi said Israel can use their airspace.

Quote:
As for pilot rescue, yea, they would need assistance, or do you think Israel is going to be able to fly helicopters deep into Iranian territory for pilot extraction? Israel's electronic countermeasures are not up to speed and there never has been a need to invest in them, however in this case, they would be needed to counter the multi-layered anti air defense system Iran has. While Iran's system is old, it is effective in defense on its territory, enough to make Israel have to really think about attacking that is, or they would have done it a long time ago.
False! Your information is lacking terribly. Israel does not need assistance doing any pilot rescue. Israel has trained pilot rescues with the US for years. I know this because I was part of the training. You are aware that Israel is one of the leading countries with electronic countermeasures right? Why make up things not even correct. Again Iran has crappy anti-air defense and it is only effective against countries with a crappy air force. Iran has been attacked before by Israel and the reason Israel has been going on bombing is because of the US.

Quote:
The US has the most advanced intel system in the world, and Israel does not even have close to the intel capabilities the US has. To even think otherwise is rather laughable. Israel has a couple of light weight aerial intel craft and that is it, and other than that, their intel is being fed from external sources, so again, that is support from others.
I'm sorry dude you are talking to someone that worked in special ops in the military everything you just said is not true at all. First of all it is not the most advanced intel system in the world and Israel proves us with so much intel about the Middle East. It's nice and all to think the US is so damn good at everything but that is just not true. The fact you said Israel has a couple of light weight aerial intel craft just shows you don't know their capability. Their intel does not come from a external sources at all.

Quote:
Well, what is stopping from any of those striking Iran? Why is Saudi Arabia not striking Iran? Saudi Arabia has a couple of hundred fighter and ground attack aircraft, why are they not striking Iran?
The US has stopped them from doing it for a long time. Israel has the best air force in the Middle East. Heck Obama has threaten to shoot down an Israeli if attacking Iran.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:52 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Exactly, many Arab leaders. It is in the best economic and egocentric interests of those Arab leaders to side with Israel (which for all practical purposes, means siding with The US government). However, the overwhelming majority of Arabs in the countries they lead, as well as most Muslims worldwide, will not perceive such an alliance positively.
Most Arab Muslims don't care one way or another about Israel. Not their country, not their problem. I work and live here in the Middle East for about half the year and Israel does not even make it into the top 10 of conversations.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
There air defense system is not the best, but more than adequate for defense on its territory. Put it this way; if this is such an "easy" task, why all the talk? Why does Israel not just go and do it and quit talking about it? Why does Saudi Arabia not just go do it if Iran is such a large threat?

The answer is because it is not an easy task, and the blow back is substantial if this happens, this is why everyone is trying to talk their way to solve the problem instead of just bombing and getting it over with. This is why Bibi was over in the US giving his speech, and why all these back door agreements with air space use and who knows what else are going on. If it was a simple case of "bomb and go home", none of the above would be going on.
Who said it was a simple bomb and go home? Only people that want to talk is Obama. Bibi was over in the US letting everyone know how Iran can't be trusted. Israel isn't just talking about it. Israel doesn't just talk about things. They will do something secretly and not leave any evident it was even them. Saudi air force isn't the best in the region.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:56 PM

847 posts, read 767,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yea....like when they bombed Syrias nuclear reactor in 2007?

Look it up.
Thanks. Unlike others here I don't need to look things up. because I did not start following international matters yesterday.

What Israel Struck in Syria was a very minor facility. Syria is right next door.

Syria's regime has not dared to shoot a bullet Israel's way to get their own land back.

if you think Attacking multiple facilities in Iran which is much further away is equivalent to attacking a weak Syrian regime think again.

and by the way Iran has the means to respond which Syria did not.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Prove your claim or shut it.

Netanyahu has stated several times that he endorses a better deal.
if you are blind by choice; it is out my power to bring you eye sight.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
Thanks. Unlike others here I don't need to look things up. because I did not start following international matters yesterday.

What Israel Struck in Syria was a very minor facility. Syria is right next door.

Syria's regime has not dared to shoot a bullet Israel's way to get their own land back.

if you think Attacking multiple facilities in Iran which is much further away is equivalent to attacking a weak Syrian regime think again.

and by the way Iran has the means to respond which Syria did not.
It doesn't matter that it is further away. It is not impossible and Israel would use Saudi airspace. It also doesn't matter if Iran has the means to respond back. Syria also has the means to shoot back.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
if you are blind by choice; it is out my power to bring you eye sight.
Actually what he said is true. Bibi clearly said he wanted a better deal that included Iran's terrorist ways. After all they are getting economical sanction relief

Old 04-05-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
It doesn't matter that it is further away. It is not impossible and Israel would use Saudi airspace. It also doesn't matter if Iran has the means to respond back. Syria also has the means to shoot back.
Yes. It all a piece of cake and walk in the park because you say it is.

now go wage your internet war against some new countries. There is many many choices available.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:08 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
fyi: Hamas is Sunni so its a frenemy of Iran.
Hamas is Sunni but Iran has once supported Hamas financially for geo-political reasons.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Yes. It all a piece of cake and walk in the park because you say it is.
No one said it was a cake walk. Try comprehending what I actually said. Clearly I have an advantage over you about this situation since I was a pilot in the military just recently.

Quote:
now go wage your internet war against some new countries. There is many many choices available.
I don't need to wage internet war. Stick to the topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies