Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 06:55 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,016,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I wasn't going to chime into this, but the fact is Israel does want the U.S. to do something for them eg; for us to not do a deal with Iran, that techinically is doing something for them.
Israel was saying to not do a bad with Iran. We seem to have a bad deal anyway considering all the things that keep coming out about it[/quote]

Quote:
Plus, Israel ASKED Bush for his 'blessing' on a attacking Iran back in like 2007, they didn't get it. Netanyahu was one of the largest voices calling for us to attack Iraq, yet he didn't send any troops in supposedly because the US didn't want to throw Jewish people into the conflict and have it turn into a religious war -- that's absolutely ignorant, every war in the Middle East is religious.
I wouldn't say Bibi was the loudest voice calling for such an attack when Bush had plenty right next to him telling him he needed to do it. It is a well known fact that had Israel been on the ground fighting with the US in Iraq it would have been much worse.

Quote:
but I'm just saying to imply Israel doesn't want us to do anything for them is just ridiculous -- from us being the sole country objecting in UNSC meetings to military aid, they receive a good deal from us.
US is the only ally within the UNSC with veto power to stand up against the Arab-led UN with their bias agenda. The military aid does benefit the US as well as it does allow it to be used as leverage as well. When I said anything I was talking about wars.

Last edited by Devon011; 04-05-2015 at 07:25 PM..

Old 04-05-2015, 06:55 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,096,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I wasn't going to chime into this, but the fact is Israel does want the U.S. to do something for them eg; for us to not do a deal with Iran, that techinically is doing something for them. Plus, Israel ASKED Bush for his 'blessing' on a attacking Iran back in like 2007, they didn't get it. Netanyahu was one of the largest voices calling for us to attack Iraq, yet he didn't send any troops in supposedly because the US didn't want to throw Jewish people into the conflict and have it turn into a religious war -- that's absolutely ignorant, every war in the Middle East is religious. I believe the US allows for Mossad agents to pose as CIA so they won't have to take the blame, yet in every incident Mossad agents pretend to be CIA, the U.S. "frowns at their actions," when in reality, we're probably the ones allowing them to do it.

I don't know, to me that's a lot. Israel has a prominent say in our politics, especially abroad, they inevitablely look out for their actions more than ours, just as any country would. Now with that said, I support Israel, but I'm just saying to imply Israel doesn't want us to do anything for them is just ridiculous -- from us being the sole country objecting in UNSC meetings to military aid, they receive a good deal from us.
Your all over the place here...

The Iranian nuclear issue is not just an Iran vs Israel, this is a big misconception amongst the West.

Bibi is the most vocal, but it is the Arab sunnis players that are the most shaken over a nuclear Iran. If this deal fails, they will gain economic, military and diplomatic power which will escalate sunni shia tensions. Notice the Palestinian issue has been pushed to the side? American leftist haven't peeped a word of it.

A nuclear deal will not curb Iranian expansionist policies nor funding Hamas or Hezzbollah. Either way, the West will be drawn into conflict. Israel has expressed recently that it prefers a better deal over war, so lets not spread rhetoric. Any military action will cause harm to Israel and not the U.S. The lefties believe that Israel just oozes for war 24/7 while dismissing Khomeni's threat of Israeli genocide. Typical from the morally bankrupt left

Old 04-05-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Israel does not have the capability of striking Iran without substantial support. Even with Saudi over flight permission, Israel would need a lot more refueling planes to carry out the mission. Along with refueling planes, Israel lacks aviation electronic countermeasures support and pilot rescue capabilities.

Israel would have to fly to Kuwait or Saudi Arabia to refuel, then would have to strike and come back to Arabia or Kuwait to refuel to go home. The US or someone would need to aid in pilot rescue unless it is understood this is a suicide mission if a plane goes down. The US would need to aid in aviation base countermeasures to help negate Iran's pretty large air defense systems; this would put US forces right in harm's way. Additionally, Israel would need intel for where to target its missions as the facilities are located all throughout Iran. After the attacks, there would need to be a means to know what the impact was and if it substantially delayed Iran's program.

If all of this took place, the longer term consequences (known as blow back) could come in many forms...

Support for Israel's attack on an Islamic country with support of another could send waves through the Islamic world, in which many countries use Israel has the "monster in the cave" to justify about everything they do and to keep people's focus off of domestic issues. Another player, Iraq, seems to be left out of the calculation, but sure as heck is going to be a player in the near future, a player maybe not at all on the side of the US-Saudi coalition.
I am not an IAF expert but it is said that Israel has the means to do what it would need to do. The Arab countries would give Israel its blessings if it chose to strike. But yes, it would not be easy and some Israeli intellectuals have said that the time period for a strike is long past. This would be the one time that the Arabs would side with Israel.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,846,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Israel has already bombed Iraq nuclear site in past and Iran is nearby. I think perhaps some under estimate Israel's advance in prep for striking even the mountain sites. I really doubt at this time the Saudis and its allies would object really.
Israel hit around Baghdad; Iran is further away and the facilities are spread all throughout Iran, not one single, above ground facility. During the 1981 attack, the Iran-Iraq War was under way and Iran had already damaged the facility and defense areas around it, enabling Israel to have an easier attempt at knocking the facility out.

Israel would have none of these advantages with striking Iran; Israel would have to strike several sites, and go through a pretty heavy anti-air defense system, along with who knows what the blow back will be as a result.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:04 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,055,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
I am not an IAF expert but it is said that Israel has the means to do what it would need to do. The Arab countries would give Israel its blessings if it chose to strike. But yes, it would not be easy and some Israeli intellectuals have said that the time period for a strike is long past. This would be the one time that the Arabs would side with Israel.
I don't think most Arabs would side with Israel. Many Arab leaders--the vast majority of whom are in place through non-democratic means--may view passively supporting Israel as the lesser of two evils. However, most Arabs, and indeed most non-Arab Muslims throughout the world would be outraged. And that outrage would be directed as much towards The Unites States as towards Israel.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Israel does not have the capability of striking Iran without substantial support. Even with Saudi over flight permission, Israel would need a lot more refueling planes to carry out the mission. Along with refueling planes, Israel lacks aviation electronic countermeasures support and pilot rescue capabilities.
You are incorrect. Israel does have the capability. They do not need substantial support to do. Do you even know how many refueling planes Israel has? You assume they have only a couple. Aviation electronic countermeasures is something Israel excels very well at. Pilot rescue capability? I'm not sure where you get your info from but it is incorrect. Israel had all these things 5 years ago.

Quote:
Israel would have to fly to Kuwait or Saudi Arabia to refuel, then would have to strike and come back to Arabia or Kuwait to refuel to go home. The US or someone would need to aid in pilot rescue unless it is understood this is a suicide mission if a plane goes down. The US would need to aid in aviation base countermeasures to help negate Iran's pretty large air defense systems; this would put US forces right in harm's way. Additionally, Israel would need intel for where to target its missions as the facilities are located all throughout Iran. After the attacks, there would need to be a means to know what the impact was and if it substantially delayed Iran's program.
Saudi Arabia has already said it can use it airspace for whatever. So no they would not have to go home to refuel. No the US doesn't need to aid in pilot rescue at all. Serious I don't know where you get your information from but it is not correct. I don't know why you think Israel doesn't have aviation base countermeasures capability. You are aware that Israel proves the US with such info about other countries air defense system. Intel for targets? Dude you are making me laugh now. Everything you said is not true.

Quote:
Support for Israel's attack on an Islamic country with support of another could send waves through the Islamic world, in which many countries use Israel has the "monster in the cave" to justify about everything they do and to keep people's focus off of domestic issues. Another player, Iraq, seems to be left out of the calculation, but sure as heck is going to be a player in the near future, a player maybe not at all on the side of the US-Saudi coalition.
There are many countries against Iran and are working with Saudi and Israel on plans against Iran.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:07 PM

29,554 posts, read 19,662,762 times
Israel has been threatened by the Iranian gov many many times (verbally). Iran funds, supports, trains, and arms Hezbuallah which they use in a proxy war against Israel. In the eyes of Israel, a nuclear powered Iran is a threat to their national security.

Now watch if Israel does strike Iranian nuclear sites, the UN will condemn, them, and most liberals around the world.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Israel hit around Baghdad; Iran is further away and the facilities are spread all throughout Iran, not one single, above ground facility. During the 1981 attack, the Iran-Iraq War was under way and Iran had already damaged the facility and defense areas around it, enabling Israel to have an easier attempt at knocking the facility out.

Israel would have none of these advantages with striking Iran; Israel would have to strike several sites, and go through a pretty heavy anti-air defense system, along with who knows what the blow back will be as a result.
I am not questioning your thoughts. You are right. I can never under estimate the IAF.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:

Iran has crappy anti-air defense system. The blow back would not be major

Old 04-05-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Israel has been threatened by the Iranian gov many many times (verbally). Iran funds, supports, trains, and arms Hezbuallah which they use in a proxy war against Israel. In the eyes of Israel, a nuclear powered Iran is a threat to their national security.

Now watch if Israel does strike Iranian nuclear sites, the UN will condemn, them, and most liberals around the world.
Don't forget that Iran funds Hamas and other Shia boy groups that perpetuate the Palestinian conflict, kill innocent Jews and Palestinians and prevent a Palestinian state from formation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies