Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 02:15 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times

Advertisements

When someone uses the word invasion for a simple spread, they do so because they imply a kind of strategy or plan or goal or threat behind it. But that is not the case with those migrants today.
And of course there is nothing military about it, either.

I disagree. It has mostly to do with the language. There is a huge black market in France as well. But in order to make it there, you have to speak French because that is what the client speaks.
Both Britain and France have economic problems, neither one is considered a paradise.

I don't even agree with the notion that those migrants want free stuff. Most of them would like to work if they were allowed to. The problem simply is that there is no demand for those not seldom little qualified people.

I will not be any footnote in history, just like you

Nothing of that sort has happened to my mom or anyone else I know. Sounds more like the fear-mongering used by right-wing politicians...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 02:51 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't think so.

Initially Nato was different from the imperialist organization it became later on, breaking agreements with Russians and what not.

I disagree. Without the ideological input and money from California there would have been no Holocaust. Your view is like saying only the killer who shoots someone is guilty, but not the one who pays him or otherwise pushes him to do so.

There have been genocides and wars throughout history, you yourself don't seem to mind what happened to the Indians. So why should Europeans not have wars if they feel like it? They have always had wars, and I suppose they will have them again in the future, there have always been peaceful periods as well. Every country has skeletons in its closet, in the US there are several as well, probably more than in Germany.

I like those mind games where people ask what would have happened if Hitler had won the war. Well, I think he would have been toppled pretty fast anyway by Europeans and Germans in particular, and things would not be much different than they are now, maybe even better.
Who said they don't care about indio deaths or anyone elses for that matter? It was a whole different world back then and conquest was the norm back then. Again, it has nothing to do with those of us alive today so get your head out of the past.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
When someone uses the word invasion for a simple spread, they do so because they imply a kind of strategy or plan or goal or threat behind it. But that is not the case with those migrants today.

I disagree. It has mostly to do with the language. There is a huge black market in France as well. But in order to make it there, you have to speak French because that is what the client speaks.
Both Britain and France have economic problems, neither one is considered a paradise.

I don't even agree with the notion that those migrants want free stuff. Most of them would like to work if they were allowed to. The problem simply is that there is no demand for those not seldom little qualified people.

I will not be any footnote in history, just like you

Nothing of that sort has happened to my mom or anyone else I know. Sounds more like the fear-mongering used by right-wing politicians...
Illegal aliens aren't "migrants". Oh, here we go with the right wing demonizing again. What fear mongering? Illegal immigration is against the law and the facts are that their have been negative impacts from it. An invasion doesn't have to be an armed one. Basically, it is an unwanted intrusion.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
The Indians were the first to settle an empty continent back then.
They inhabited most of the continent, although not densely of course. Still, it was their land. Just like the aboriginals of Australia were the owners of the land until it was stolen from them.

Migrants to Europe are usually asylum seekers, not illegal immigrants.
The whole definition is odd because even those who come here for mere economic reasons are doing nothing else than what Europeans did on other continents. Except for the genocide thingy, that is...
It doesn't matter. As I said, no one owns and entire continent and there were no established governments or immigration laws back then. So no, it wasn't their land. The illegal aliens are not doing the same as the Europeans because there are immigration laws in place today, borders and established governments. Genocide? The indios were just as bad. They killed each other and killed many innocent Europeans also including women and children. There was enough guilt to go around back then. Again, STOP living in the past as it has nothing to do with those of us alive today.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:29 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,114,183 times
Quote:
People are not randomly walking/floating into Europe en masse.

Quote:
Wonder why they have economic problems?

Quote:
Nah. We have them here too (they're called Democrat voters). They just want free stuff.

Quote:
Raped in Oslo | The Brussels Journal

Quote:
Norway’s Minister of Justice from 2001 to 2005, Odd Einar Dørum, mentioned the problem in 2001 but has later gone quiet about the issue. The reported number of rapes in Oslo is now six – 6! – times as high per capita as in New York City, yet the media keeps warning against Islamophobia.
For me to know about this (living in America) suggests it is in fact a real problem.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:30 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
- Unless you are 90+, YOU have done nothing for US, and certainly not me, since I am not 90+, either.
Irrelevant.

I was talking about what countries have done for each other.

Quote:
I don't think in such primitive terms as we vs they.
Well, aren't you just the great sophisticate!

Quote:
I am an individual and I don't owe anyone ****.
Yes, you do.

And it says a lot about your character that you don't acknowledge that undeniable fact.

Quote:
- Your ancestors stole the continent from the Indians, so don't make it sounds like it has always been your country which generously welcomed immigrants.
We generously welcomed millions of European immigrants. We didn't have to, but we did. That is a fact.

Quote:
Your ancestors were mere immigrants just like later immigrants. It was thieves joining thieves.
The Indians were immigrants, too -- over the Bering Strait.

You act as though white Americans were the only imperialists ever to exist. Oh, wait. Wasn't Europe the biggest imperialist of all? Why yes, it was!

Quote:
- To the contrary, Nato is the problem, without it the world would be a much better place.
Without NATO, you'd be speaking Russian and living in poverty.

Quote:
The US has always been a rogue state
But France, England, Germany, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal and Austria never were? Spare me your self-righteous amnesia.

Quote:
Sure, like in any country there is a certain percentage of nice people in the US (although it is lower in the US than in Europe)
Yeah, Europeans were just so nice during the 100 Years War, the 30 Years War, WW I, WW II, etc. So delightful.

Quote:
but the U.S. is a pest, has been for many decades now.
Well, of course it is. It has shown itself to be superior and shown that Europe is morally, culturally, intellectually, economically and militarily washed up and defenseless without the U.S. I guess I would resent that, too. Being demoted to second place is a real drag, isn't it?

Quote:
Without the fascist imperialists in the White House and Pentagon
A European calling the U.S. fascist. That's hilarious. You're the guys who invented fascism and are responsible for extermination camps, secret police, etc.

Quote:
...The US is abusing Europe - via Nato - as a launch pad for its wars and shady activities in the Old World.
Oh, you poor dears. Having to put up with American tourists and American protection. Gosh! That must be tough!

Quote:
If I were the Germans, I would finally kick them all out, but their government doesn't have any backbone.
We are there because the Germans want us there. Do you think we enjoy wasting our tax dollars on defending ingrates like you?

Quote:
- Europeans rebuilt Europe.
No, Americans rebuilt Europe.

Quote:
The money of the Marshall Plan helped, but Europe is the cradle of Western civilization and always will be, it will always rise from the ashes, no matter what.
Nonsense. Germans were starving in bombed out cities, and Americans were much nicer to them as occupiers than the British, French and Russians were. Because of America's help, Germany became an economic powerhouse, bringing the rest of Europe up with it.

Having no class, however, you bite the hand that fed you.

Quote:
Simply because we are who we are, the best, with a unique mix of history, brainpower, etc.
The best? No, you're yesterday. You don't count anymore, except as a museum. Your best people came to America and made our universities number one in the world, New York City is the world capital of intellect and culture and has been since WW II. No one goes to Paris or London anymore to rub elbows with the intellectual and artistic elite. I wish it were not so, but Europe exhausted itself in two world wars and lost the best of its youth, leaving only people like you.

Quote:
- Lots of countries fought to topple the Nazis, Russia having been the most important one. And within the US armed forces it was not only whites at all, actually blacks were always welcome in the army as cannon fodder.
They were not integrated into the army and had very little to do with fighting in Europe.

Quote:
Not to mention that without the US' eugenics programs the Holocaust would not have happened to begin with. California in particular is just as guilty of the Holocaust as Germany, it provided Hitler with money and ideas how to get rid of minorities.
Wow, so Hollywood and San Francisco forced Hitler to kill people. That's a new one.

California forced the French to hand over the Jews to Hitler, giving them a good kick in the rear end on the way to the gas chamber.

Okay, whatever.

Quote:
- I said whites from the Americas, not white Americans, US Americans are just one of many American peoples.
Have your grandchildren contact my grandchildren when they want to flee Europe because of Sharia Law. I'm sure my grandchildren will be waiting for the call with bated breath -- not.

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-03-2015 at 05:00 AM..

Old 08-03-2015, 05:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The editors of the New York Times believe Europe has a duty to accept millions more Africans.

Africa has more than a billion people now and is projected to have 4 billion by the end of the century. I wonder how many of those the NYT would like to see living in Europe. Is South Africa the demographic model they envision for Europe's future?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/op...f=opinion&_r=0
The only duty Europe has is to ship them back where they came from.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:38 AM

@oldglory

I don't agree. Those differences between then and now are arbitrary because we would like to apply a double standard in order to justify ourselves and criminalize others.

So? Those people come here, or try to anyway, as individuals, there is no leader or common goal or anything. It is just thousands of individuals looking for safety and a better life. Of course many won't find it, but they don't know that, yet. Some may even know it, but really, if I have barely saved my life in a war-torn hell like Syria, do you really think I would give a rat's ass about another country's immigration laws? I sure would not. Anything is better than living in a war zone. It's like with stealing: if I were really hungry and had no job and money, I would steal food in the supermarket - without any poor conscience at all.

Britain and France don't have economic problems because of immigrants. There are places with lots of immigrants that are nevertheless doing well, while there are places with hardly any immigrants that are nevertheless in bad shape.

I have not heard of that rape problem so far.
One would have to take a closer look at who exactly those people are. I assume most of them are unemployed young men who are not integrated in society.
I assume to some men from very conservative countries such as Afghanistan dealing with a lightly dressed woman in the West is quite a psychological challenge. We Westerners are used to it by now ^^

Old 08-03-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Irrelevant.

I was talking about what countries have done for each other.

Well, aren't you just the great sophisticate!

Yes, you do.

And it says a lot about your character that you don't acknowledge that undeniable fact.

We generously welcomed millions of European immigrants. We didn't have to, but we did. That is a fact.

The Indians were immigrants, too -- over the Bering Strait.

You act as though white Americans were the only imperialists ever to exist. Oh, wait. Wasn't Europe the biggest imperialist of all? Why yes, it was!

Without NATO, you'd be speaking Russian and living in poverty.

But France, England, Germany, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal and Austria never were? Spare me your self-righteous amnesia.

Yeah, Europeans were just so nice during the 100 Years War, the 30 Years War, WW I, WW II, etc. So delightful.

Well, of course it is. It has shown itself to be superior and shown that Europe is morally, culturally, intellectually, economically and militarily washed up and defenseless without the U.S. I guess I would resent that, too. Being demoted to second place is a real drag, isn't it?

A European calling the U.S. fascist. That's hilarious. You're the guys who invented fascism and are responsible for extermination camps, secret police, etc.

Oh, you poor dears. Having to put up with American tourists and American protection. Gosh! That must be tough!

We are there because the Germans want us there. Do you think we enjoy wasting our tax dollars on defending ingrates like you?

No, Americans rebuilt Europe.

Nonsense. Germans were starving in bombed out cities, and Americans were much nicer to them as occupiers than the British, French and Russians were. Because of America's help, Germany became an economic powerhouse, bringing the rest of Europe up with it.

Having no class, however, you bite the hand that fed you.

The best? No, you're yesterday. You don't count anymore, except as a museum. Your best people came to America and made our universities number one in the world, New York City is the world capital of intellect and culture and has been since WW II. No one goes to Paris or London anymore to rub elbows with the intellectual and artistic elite. I wish it were not so, but Europe exhausted itself in two world wars and lost the best of its youth, leaving only people like you.

They were not integrated into the army and had very little to do with fighting in Europe.

Wow, so Hollywood and San Francisco forced Hitler to kill people. That's a new one.

California forced the French to hand over the Jews to Hitler, giving them a good kick in the rear end on the way to the gas chamber.

Okay, whatever.

Have your grandchildren contact my grandchildren when they want to flee Europe because of Sharia Law. I'm sure my grandchildren will be waiting for the call with bated breath -- not.
Countries don't do things for other countries, they always act out of egoism. If another country benefits from that, it is a mere side effect.

No, I don't owe anyone anything, except for my parents.

Again, your ancestors simply allowed others to have a share of the prey, as long as there was so much of it that it didn't matter.

Indeed, those European countries you mention are good countries today. Some of them had colonies and were imperialist in the past, but they have become good countries. With the US that is not the case, it has not improved, just replaced internal wrongdoing with external wrongdoing, although the racism at home is still there as well.

And yes, people in Europe TODAY are nicer than Americans TODAY.

Europe is doing ok, I welcome the fact that its imperialist times are over, I don't like imperialist countries. Inferior? I don't think so at all. All kinds of statistics show that Scandinavia is the leader in most disciplines. The US is mostly mass, not class.

The US as a country, yes, it is one of the world's biggest problems. As I said, there are nice individuals like anywhere else, I have a couple of friends there. But I am talking about the country as a whole, especially its politics, like the civil wars in Latin America, the conflicts in SW Asia etc. Not to mention wrong/outdated priorities and views.

Germans, i.e. the people, do not want you there, the German government might, though, or at least they don't do anything against it, yet.
Yes, indeed, the US likes to pay billions of dollars in Europe because of egoistic reasons. The US benefits much more than it pays.

TODAY Nato sucks. It has long become an imperialist organization and everyone except naive people know it.

Europeans rebuilt Europe. And they will rebuild it again after the next world war. Americans helped, but of course for egoistic reasons, again.
Germany would have become what it is, anyway, simply because Germans are what they are and know it.

Actually, you are dead wrong. NYC is the capital of neither intellect nor culture. It is simply big with millions of people, which automatically brings about a certain dynamic. But that applies to other cities as well, especially London. Most of the output of such big cities is meaningless crap, anyway.

Europe is alive and booming, despite problems of debt etc. (which are not alien to the US, either). The funny thing is that culture is booming where economic problems are more severe. It was the same in Britain decades ago, and now in Germany in the opposite sense. Good economy, but a cultural wasteland. Unlike Portugal for instance. Problems seem to boost creativity and awareness.

California played a key role in the Holocaust. Even the idea of gas chambers for killing people came from the US:
History News Network | The Horrifying American Roots of Nazi Eugenics
(Written by a US Jew, by the way.)

There is no reason to flee Europe. Europe will always bounce back. I certainly don't like Sharia and Islam. But really, look at history. look how Iberians got rid of Islam in the Middle Ages after a long occupation. That was much more of a threat than a couple of thousand radicals today. Plus, the US is no alternative to Europe, so many problems there as well...

Last edited by Neuling; 08-03-2015 at 10:35 AM..

Old 08-03-2015, 11:30 AM

On a global level I think both Europe's and North America's best days are already over as Asia gradually lives up to its incredible potential. But I don't think there will ever be huge immigration waves to Asia, they are too crowded there already, and many of them are pretty racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies