Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 09:18 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, such a distorted view can only come from an American ^^

- Unless you are 90+, YOU have done nothing for US, and certainly not me, since I am not 90+, either. I don't think in such primitive terms as we vs they. I am an individual and I don't owe anyone ****.
- Your ancestors stole the continent from the Indians, so don't make it sounds like it has always been your country which generously welcomed immigrants. Your ancestors were mere immigrants just like later immigrants. It was thieves joining thieves.
- To the contrary, Nato is the problem, without it the world would be a much better place. I am on Russia's and China's side in terms of geopolitics, not because those two countries were any better, but because the US has always been a rogue state and I want rogue states to keep each other at bay. Sure, like in any country there is a certain percentage of nice people in the US (although it is lower in the US than in Europe), but the country as such is a pest, has been for many decades now. Without the fascist imperialists in the White House and Pentagon, we would not have a problem with Russia. Maybe you still believe that whole protection crap, I sure don't. The US is abusing Europe - via Nato - as a launch pad for its wars and shady activities in the Old World. If I were the Germans, I would finally kick them all out, but their government doesn't have any backbone.
- Europeans rebuilt Europe. The money of the Marshall Plan helped, but Europe is the cradle of Western civilization and always will be, it will always rise from the ashes, no matter what. Simply because we are who we are, the best, with a unique mix of history, brainpower, etc.
- Lots of countries fought to topple the Nazis, Russia having been the most important one. And within the US armed forces it was not only whites at all, actually blacks were always welcome in the army as cannon fodder. Not to mention that without the US' eugenics programs the Holocaust would not have happened to begin with. California in particular is just as guilty of the Holocaust as Germany, it provided Hitler with money and ideas how to get rid of minorities.
- I said whites from the Americas, not white Americans, US Americans are just one of many American peoples.
"Your" ancestors? My ancestors didn't even come here until after the 1900's well after any conflicts with the indios and after this country was established as the USA. I am sure that is true of many Americans regardless of their skin color or national origin. This country/continent wasn't stolen. No one owns an entire continent anyway. It was a wide open frontier with no immigration laws. Even the so-called native's ancestors migrated here from somewhere else just as the Europeans did. Get your head out of the past and bring yourself up to modern day times.

No one has a problem with legal immigrants. It is illegal aliens that is the issue. You do know the difference, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 09:27 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
You can't stay civilized and become third world simultaneously.

They're mutually exclusive.
A country does not become third-world just because a couple of tens of thousands of people from third-world countries move there. We're talking about a fraction of one percent of the population here.

I am not saying Europe should open its gates wide open. But we have our humanitarian obligations which did not fall from the sky, they are there for a reason. And now is the time to decide whether or not it was all just empty words as long as there was no real challenge. Really, burning down asylum shelters the way they are doing it in Germany is just no way, they are behaving like the lynch mob from past centuries.

We have to find ways to include those that are already here while discouraging an additional influx by really tackling the problem in the countries of origin. So far we have been doing the opposite, for instance exporting as many arms as possible just so that those companies can make a profit.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Your" ancestors? My ancestors didn't even come here until after the 1900's well after any conflicts with the indios and after this country was established as the USA. I am sure that is true of many Americans regardless of their skin color or national origin. This country/continent wasn't stolen. No one owns an entire continent anyway. It was a wide open frontier with no immigration laws. Even the so-called native's ancestors migrated here from somewhere else just as the Europeans did. Get your head out of the past and bring yourself up to modern day times.

No one has a problem with legal immigrants. It is illegal aliens that is the issue. You do know the difference, don't you?
The Indians were the first to settle an empty continent back then.
They inhabited most of the continent, although not densely of course. Still, it was their land. Just like the aboriginals of Australia were the owners of the land until it was stolen from them.

Migrants to Europe are usually asylum seekers, not illegal immigrants.
The whole definition is odd because even those who come here for mere economic reasons are doing nothing else than what Europeans did on other continents. Except for the genocide thingy, that is...

Old 08-02-2015, 10:46 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,114,183 times
Quote:
A country does not become third-world just because a couple of tens of thousands of people from third-world countries move there. We're talking about a fraction of one percent of the population here.
Throw in exponential reproduction and more migration, and yes, you're looking at a full blown invasion.

And you get to pay for it all.

How does that not infuriate you? I'm genuinely curious.

Quote:
I am not saying Europe should open its gates wide open. But we have our humanitarian obligations which did not fall from the sky, they are there for a reason. And now is the time to decide whether or not it was all just empty words as long as there was no real challenge.
Your sole obligation is survival. And given your pathetic birthrates, it seems you're losing.

Quote:
Really, burning down asylum shelters the way they are doing it in Germany is just no way, they are behaving like the lynch mob from past centuries.
It's a start.

Quote:
We have to find ways to include those that are already here while discouraging an additional influx by really tackling the problem in the countries of origin.
Fool. They want free stuff. This is why they all make a beeline to Britain, the Mecca (soon to be literal by and by) of welfare.

No amount of "fixing" in their home nations will provide that.

Quote:
So far we have been doing the opposite, for instance exporting as many arms as possible just so that those companies can make a profit.
We agree. Europe needs to keep and use those arms on their borders, and not sell them abroad.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:05 AM

It's not an invasion. An invasion is orchestrated and has a specific goal, while those migrants just want a safer and/or better life for themselves, each on their own.

Look at the countries of origin and you know why they want to go to Britain rather than France or Germany: everyone speaks a little English while French is spoken in none of those countries of origin (Ethiopia, Sudan, Syria, Afghanistan etc.). When you risk your life to get to another continent, the last thing you want is end up in a place where you don't understand anything.

No, we don't agree on anything. For instance, survival is none of my obligations. Obligation needs a second party, usually society. I owe all kinds of things to society, but not survival. That whole animal attitude of yours is the opposite of mine.
Funny that you mention the low birth rates. In view of the aging populations here in Europe, you should be happy young people are coming here. A culture does not depend on skin color, anyone can carry it, provided they are familiar and fond of the culture. So this dilemma could turn into a win-win situation if those migrants were given crash courses in the local language and culture of the respective country. If they pass the test, they can stay here.

Last edited by Neuling; 08-02-2015 at 11:18 AM..

Old 08-02-2015, 01:11 PM

Says a (probably white) American in Poland, which is pretty much as white as it gets in Europe ^^

You are confusing culture and race. We can talk about culture, but please spare us the race crap. Race is no problem, religion, specifically Islam might be, though, along with certain outdated views people from many of those countries of origin tend to have.

Europeans are not unified, and never have been. Being white does not mean there is a sense of unity, after all Europeans have different, very distinct cultures. Just like Nigerians don't like each other, despite being the same skin color. That is why each European country tries to get around accepting migrants, at the expense of the other countries.
There have been repeated waves of migrants into Europe throughout history, for instance people from the Middle East, Turks etc. It's not that there has ever been an original white Europe that is now running the risk of getting lost or stained, which some people seem to think.

I am also against diversity (in the sense of parallel cultures), but in favor of mixing, to which diversity is the first step until the mixing and fusing is complete. At the end of the day, I can accept slight changes due to immigration (legal or not), but they should not be too much, else many locals feel threatened. The goal is for immigrants to more or less give up their original cultures, as harsh as that might sound. New food, music and such superficial things are ok, but in terms of politics, religion, human rights, etc. Europeans should not go backwards. There is no place here for Sharia law etc.

Last edited by Neuling; 08-02-2015 at 01:24 PM..

Old 08-02-2015, 01:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Well, such a distorted view can only come from an American ^^

- Unless you are 90+, YOU have done nothing for US, and certainly not me, since I am not 90+, either. I don't think in such primitive terms as we vs they. I am an individual and I don't owe anyone ****.
- Your ancestors stole the continent from the Indians, so don't make it sounds like it has always been your country which generously welcomed immigrants. Your ancestors were mere immigrants just like later immigrants. It was thieves joining thieves.
- To the contrary, Nato is the problem, without it the world would be a much better place. I am on Russia's and China's side in terms of geopolitics, not because those two countries were any better, but because the US has always been a rogue state and I want rogue states to keep each other at bay. Sure, like in any country there is a certain percentage of nice people in the US (although it is lower in the US than in Europe), but the country as such is a pest, has been for many decades now. Without the fascist imperialists in the White House and Pentagon, we would not have a problem with Russia. Maybe you still believe that whole protection crap, I sure don't. The US is abusing Europe - via Nato - as a launch pad for its wars and shady activities in the Old World. If I were the Germans, I would finally kick them all out, but their government doesn't have any backbone.
- Europeans rebuilt Europe. The money of the Marshall Plan helped, but Europe is the cradle of Western civilization and always will be, it will always rise from the ashes, no matter what. Simply because we are who we are, the best, with a unique mix of history, brainpower, etc.
- Lots of countries fought to topple the Nazis, Russia having been the most important one. And within the US armed forces it was not only whites at all, actually blacks were always welcome in the army as cannon fodder. Not to mention that without the US' eugenics programs the Holocaust would not have happened to begin with. California in particular is just as guilty of the Holocaust as Germany, it provided Hitler with money and ideas how to get rid of minorities.
- I said whites from the Americas, not white Americans, US Americans are just one of many American peoples.
Oh boy; here we go:

LIKE Europeans in your stupid wars; American Indians fought each other, even before 1492. Too; the Indians lost, welcome to history. It goes without saying; IF the "evil white man" didn't take down the Indians, the Chinese or Japanese probably would've.

Please check your history over NATO: Europe after WW 2 was in real bad shape and Stalin wanted to grab ALL of it. Guess what; that boy was put in his place real fast.

Eugenics: don't blame California. We Americans did NOT hold a gun to Hitler's head and tell that crazy fool to go kill many people for something they had NO control over. Too; if your people are so much better than us Americans; why didn't your kind face down Hitler and fight to the death?

Old 08-02-2015, 02:02 PM

I don't think so.

Initially Nato was different from the imperialist organization it became later on, breaking agreements with Russians and what not.

I disagree. Without the ideological input and money from California there would have been no Holocaust. Your view is like saying only the killer who shoots someone is guilty, but not the one who pays him or otherwise pushes him to do so.

There have been genocides and wars throughout history, you yourself don't seem to mind what happened to the Indians. So why should Europeans not have wars if they feel like it? They have always had wars, and I suppose they will have them again in the future, there have always been peaceful periods as well. Every country has skeletons in its closet, in the US there are several as well, probably more than in Germany.

I like those mind games where people ask what would have happened if Hitler had won the war. Well, I think he would have been toppled pretty fast anyway by Europeans and Germans in particular, and things would not be much different than they are now, maybe even better.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAbroadInPoland View Post
what is your plan once there are no more cultures left to 'mixing and fusing'?
I don't need a plan, I don't think there is a goal for humans. People have not developed different cultures on purpose in the past, either, but simply by accident due to isolation from each other. But in a global world the opposite happens, which is logical in my view. And there is nothing wrong about it.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:05 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,114,183 times
Quote:
It's not an invasion. An invasion is orchestrated and has a specific goal, while those migrants just want a safer and/or better life for themselves, each on their own.
invasion
noun in·va·sion \in-ˈvā-zhən\
Definition of INVASION

: an act of invading; especially : incursion of an army for conquest or plunder
: the incoming or spread of something usually hurtful

Seems like it checks out to me.

Quote:
Look at the countries of origin and you know why they want to go to Britain rather than France or Germany: everyone speaks a little English while French is spoken in none of those countries of origin (Ethiopia, Sudan, Syria, Afghanistan etc.). When you risk your life to get to another continent, the last thing you want is end up in a place where you don't understand anything.
Let's ask a left-wing news source.

Thousands Of Migrants Try To Reach Britain Using The Chunnel : NPR

Quote:
INSKEEP: I'm trying to figure out what it is people are doing there because they have already reached Europe, obviously. They're in northern France. What makes them want to risk their lives to take the extra step to get to Britain?

BEARDSLEY: Exactly. Well, these are people from countries torn by war and dictatorships like Sudan, Eretria and now many Syrians. There's a myth out there that Britain is the El Dorado - that they'll be able to get better benefits when they apply for asylum, and that they'll be able to find a job working on the black market, which may be a little easier than France. So they've come this far.
They just want free stuff. take it away, and they stop coming. Guaranteed.

Quote:
No, we don't agree on anything. For instance, survival is none of my obligations. Obligation needs a second party, usually society. I owe all kinds of things to society, but not survival. That whole animal attitude of yours is the opposite of mine.
Feel free to be an enlightened footnote in history I guess?

Quote:
Funny that you mention the low birth rates. In view of the aging populations here in Europe, you should be happy young people are coming here. A culture does not depend on skin color, anyone can carry it, provided they are familiar and fond of the culture. So this dilemma could turn into a win-win situation if those migrants were given crash courses in the local language and culture of the respective country. If they pass the test, they can stay here.
Explain this to the kindly helpful young immigrants gang-raping your mom. Tell her to think of it as an involuntary diversity injection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies