Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No president ever has agreed to release their records. Bush's were leaked. Obama has stated he got a 3.7 GPA in his last two years of school. But that is unverified. Its a mistake to think Obama is dumb. Just like Cruz, while you or I may not like them its the height of foolishness to think either is uneducated or dumb.
I doubt that it is true that no president ever released their records. Link? I remember reading LBJ's records as a kid. Mitt Romney was widely reported to have a 3.97 college GPA. Granted he was not a prez, but he evidently had no problem releasing his records.

There were also reports of Bush vs. Kerry GPA. I don't know whether either released it, but the info did get out.

Kerry, Bush GPAs At Yale Similar - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 07:47 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The only reports I have read are from professors who said that Barack was "lazy" and they were told to make a spot for him on the faculty. They were getting pressure from somewhere by someone who was pushing him along.
can you give a link to support this claim?

Old 04-23-2015, 07:56 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
They've always been newsworthy. Did you not notice the Romney/Clinton/Obama stuff? Oddly I dont recall any McCain or Palin ones....
There was a lot of mention about McCain's low graduation ranking at Annapolis. And Palin's 5 years, 5 colleges bachelor's degree got press too. it's a sure bet that anyone running for President is going to get their past looked over closely.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:40 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Ted Cruz on infidelity, hymens and Richard Nixon | Sun Times National

...I wonder why the college days of a presidential candidate became newsworthy again?
Would be nice if they included some of Cruz's debate talents and successes.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:37 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I doubt that it is true that no president ever released their records. Link? I remember reading LBJ's records as a kid. Mitt Romney was widely reported to have a 3.97 college GPA. Granted he was not a prez, but he evidently had no problem releasing his records.

There were also reports of Bush vs. Kerry GPA. I don't know whether either released it, but the info did get out.

Kerry, Bush GPAs At Yale Similar - CBS News
bush released 1 page of his yale transcript ( which had already been leaked by the new yorker 4 years before ), kerry's school records were part of his naval records that he released to the globe, romney released some of his high school records and i'm curious where you would have seen LBJ's school records.

if you can link to any president or presidential candidate releasing their college records i'd love to see them.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:52 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,016 times
Quote:
Didn't see much about Obama.
We still have not seen his transcripts. Wasn't this supposed to be the most transparent administration in U.S. history?

Old 04-23-2015, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I prefer to know if the candidate actually understands their policies and have not just been handed a list of talking points. Can they explain them in detail and not in general.
Obama's best friend is the teleprompter.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:04 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,910 times
Quote:
They've always been newsworthy. Did you not notice the Romney/Clinton/Obama stuff? Oddly I dont recall any McCain or Palin ones....
You conveniently missed the transfers that the progressive left hooted about Palin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Obama's best friend is the teleprompter.
57 States Obama?

He gets completely lost when one goes on the blink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XuItt6iuMc

Thanks progressives.

Last edited by mm4; 04-24-2015 at 12:31 AM..

Old 04-23-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
What difference does a position make when it can "evolve" as polling dictates?
Obama was against homosexual "marriage" before he was for it.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:06 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
Quote:
Ted Cruz on infidelity, hymens and Richard Nixon | Sun Times National

...I wonder why the college days of a presidential candidate became newsworthy again?
Yep the golden throat-ed one in office now is a agent out of nowhere when it comes to his college activities. No one remembers him in any classes. Records are sealed..gee..I wonder why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies