Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 12:51 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Clearly, the people in Baltimore (and opportunistic politicians and rabble rousers) see it first as a racial matter. I guess what I'm saying is that, while there is clearly a racial veneer to it, and it's easy to understand why it's seen that way, this is at least as much a police reform issue as it is a racial one.
It's both. Blacks want to act however they want, rob and steal whatever they want, and want the cops to turn a blind eye to them. And when caught, they want the cop to back down when confronted. All because they are black, and under no circumstances must a police officer, black or white, question in any way the motives or legality of the black person's actions.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:57 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The police need to monitor the bad cops instead of covering for them. Some people love power and use it negatively in a very sadistic way against others. Bad cops need to go.
Couldn't agree more, but, the whistleblower within the ranks lose their jobs or get stigmatized. It is a fraternity.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:59 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

But, I have to ask, how dehumanized, humiliated, were all those high school kids throwing rocks??
good question. the answer is, not at all.

it's free stuff time.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:59 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
That's the thing. I hear people saying "how could they do this to their own community?" They do.not.care. That's the reality. No amount of pleading, reasoning, and trying to tug on their heartstrings is going to work. People who would loot and be violent do not care about any of that whatsoever.
Preaching to the choir.

The thugs doing that looting, they have nothing to lose other than their freedom or their lives. And with the gang members especially, prison is considered a fact of life, and many don't care if they live or die. They don't care about their city. The ones that care, are trying to do things.

And I want to point something else out. I really hate this use of "Black community" as if everyone in the Black population is responsible for the crime and riots in places like Baltimore. The underclass is responsible for that, and no matter what even decent Blacks have tried to do, the underclass types have a high amount of people who insist on being criminals.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Baltimore Mayor said, "We also gave those who wished to destroy, space to do that as well." She added, "And we worked very hard to keep that balance..."

Now she denies having said that, but her words are on the video, as Megyn Kelly at Fox News has it, and has played it.

She has been caught in a blatant lie, and she says, "It is very unfortunate that members of your industry decided to miss-characterize my words, and try to use it as a way to say that we are inciting violence.

This woman should resign from office immediately. To allow people to destroy property, and then lie about what she said, is unforgivable.

Further, this kind of protest is a clear violation of law. Freedom to assemble does not allow for stopping vehicles etc. This was unlawful assembly.

This raged out of control largely because of her mishandling of this entire incident.

The media reported the facts, which included her exact words. The media has not misquoted her.
she should not only resign from office immediately, but she should also lose ANY civil immunity she had and be named in a major lawsuit against her and the city by all those that suffered property damage as a result of the riots.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:03 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's not about race... it's about decades of failed liberal policies as it is explained here by Keith Koffler.

The seething anger we are witnessing is that of a population that has been beaten down by decades of failed liberal policies that have kept them in the same situation they were 50 years ago, perhaps tempered a bit financially by some welfare spending.

those policies have bred disengagement from normal society and the workforce, a breakdown in social mores, and dependency on the government.

It is people like Obama, and the “help” they are providing, who have set the stage for these riots.

Also from David Clarke, the African American sheriff of Milwaukee...

Like Baltimore, like Ferguson, like New York and many other areas, where failed liberal government policies have led to high unemployment, chronic poverty, failing schools, this is what besets the Baltimore area. Ninety percent of the homicide victims in the Baltimore area are black, as are 90 percent of the suspects.

These individuals that are rioting and looting right now and throwing rocks and bottles do not know Freddie Gray – do not care about Freddie Gray – and if they were in a nightclub in Baltimore, would shoot and kill him for bumping into them on the dance floor.
Poverty.. you would think blacks lived in a third world country the way they describe their poverty.. I don't see the third world countries poor people all looting and rioting because they are poor! This is the biggest lame excuse for bad behavior.. Anyone believing it is very gullible.

Anyone who can buy recreational drugs is not poor. If they have money for that I don't consider them poor at all.. just stupid and corrupt.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:06 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Professor And CNN Commentator: ‘We Should BE STRATEGIC In How We Riot’

“There shouldn’t be calm tonight,” Hill told CNN host Don Lemon as riots raged in the streets of Baltimore.

“Black people are dying in the streets. We’ve been dying in the streets for months, years, decades, centuries. I think there can be resistance to oppression.”

He makes it seems like racism. Truth is everyone is dying on the streets. The news industry only focuses on certain deaths. And then groups with an agenda hijack and destroy the area.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:07 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Preaching to the choir.

The thugs doing that looting, they have nothing to lose other than their freedom or their lives. And with the gang members especially, prison is considered a fact of life, and many don't care if they live or die. They don't care about their city. The ones that care, are trying to do things.

And I want to point something else out. I really hate this use of "Black community" as if everyone in the Black population is responsible for the crime and riots in places like Baltimore. The underclass is responsible for that, and no matter what even decent Blacks have tried to do, the underclass types have a high amount of people who insist on being criminals.
When there are stray dogs that have no home and they rove around attacking people we don't "give them room to destroy." Instead of excusing their criminal and violent behavior we should have suppressed the rioting at the beginning. These aren't law abiding citizens who care about the community as you said, so the answer isn't "dialogue" or "room to destroy." The answer is overwhelming force and violence of action. "Restraint" gets half your city burned down, MLB games cancelled, and billions of dollars in property damage.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:08 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Preaching to the choir.

yeah, and I'm wondering how many of them are actually from that city?

but your right I was reading some facts about it....

Old 04-28-2015, 01:10 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
When there are stray dogs that have no home and they rove around attacking people we don't "give them room to destroy." Instead of excusing their criminal and violent behavior we should have suppressed the rioting at the beginning. These aren't law abiding citizens who care about the community as you said, so the answer isn't "dialogue" or "room to destroy." The answer is overwhelming force and violence of action. "Restraint" gets half your city burned down, MLB games cancelled, and billions of dollars in property damage.
Plus it puts fear in the heart of cities, to accomadate them, due to the fear of it happening to them...they shouldn't be afraid, like you say, nip it in the bud immediately....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies