Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 08:42 PM

73,042 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestintheWest View Post
that must be the answer to the question, yeah, lets destroy our own city
Telling the rioters "you are destroying your city" isn't going to convince them to stop. Anyone with no attachment to their city, nothing to lose other than their lives, no care for anyone else, well, things like that will happen. Like someone said, the rioters have nothing to lose. Chances are, the terminally unemployable are among them.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:43 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
We are seeing the fruits of it right now.
The worst made plans of men and vice.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:44 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Telling the rioters "you are destroying your city" isn't going to convince them to stop. Anyone with no attachment to their city, nothing to lose other than their lives, no care for anyone else, well, things like that will happen. Like someone said, the rioters have nothing to lose. Chances are, the terminally unemployable are among them.
and that justifies their actions no matter who they are??????????/

Old 04-27-2015, 08:46 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
OOOooooh, Stephanie Rawlings Blake (D) just called the rioters thugs.

I guess she's a raaaa-cist eh?
She messed up Big Time and knows it - she will claim the word 'thugs' was taken totally out of context ..... the standard Leftist excuse. Just as she did with her words at her press conference on Sat.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:48 PM

73,042 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestintheWest View Post
and that justifies their actions no matter who they are??????????/
I never said it justified their actions. I am saying "it is what it is" in this case. I'm saying telling they're destroying their city won't stop them. Nothing to lose. How do you handle anyone who has nothing to lose?

Old 04-27-2015, 08:49 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Default Done the riots in Miami and Hurricane Andrew

Quote:
The rioter don not care and they want a piece of someone. The Kicker is they do have a very integrated Government heavy on Black Mayor and counsel . A Black Police chief. There is no excuse. If you listen to the looters.

So this far from a White Man Problem.

The real problem is our immigration system is broken and Black Americans are being pushed out of jobs. Thanks Obama! So what good has come out of by passing the Congress?

Old 04-27-2015, 08:49 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
So destroying property, looting, and rioting is going to change their lives? If their answer to tough times is to burn down cities they get what they deserve as far as I'm concerned. How many of those "terminally unemployable" are in that state through their own actions? I'm willing to bet a vast majority of them. No one makes them commit crime or do drugs. I don't care about their sob stories, nothing gives anyone the right to burn down property, loot, riot, and be violent on such a large scale.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:52 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
11 Stunning Images Highlight the Double-Standard of Reactions to Riots Like Baltimore - Mic

The hypocrisy is amazing, as these are folks that clearly have ties to their city.

Never see threads about white riots though.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:54 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
I never said it justified their actions. I am saying "it is what it is" in this case. I'm saying telling they're destroying their city won't stop them. Nothing to lose. How do you handle anyone who has nothing to lose?
Through violence of action and overwhelming force that breaks their spirits and crushes their souls. You can't reason with people who don't believe in reason and you can only meet force with force. The pretentious leftists who live in their safe bubbles in NYC that would sneer at such a show of force only live their petty little lives in such safety because the NYPD would have put down this riot a while ago.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:54 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
One Twitter pundit put this whole thing well - "Hope and change involves a lot more rioting and looting than I expected."
Ouch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies