Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 10:46 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,406,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is one of the best responses I have read here.
What a bunch of sh!te, honestly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 10:53 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownewave View Post
Japan is what I consider to be the greatest nation on Earth, and its very smart people have the same DNA as Native Americans.
No, Japanese don't have the same DNA as native Americans. Not even close.

Quote:
What the Japanese did to Americans (and Chinese for that matter) a generation ago is regrettable but was motivated by very deep spiritual convictions that I think overall were a force for justice, not evil.
Japan wanted to expand their empire much like the British and the French. Lacking natural resources and farmlands, Japan began to look to the mainland in the late 1800s. It is pretty evil to invade China. Chinese land is not Japanese land.

Quote:
What the Japanese did to Americans (and Chinese for that matter) a generation ago is regrettable but was motivated by very deep spiritual convictions that I think overall were a force for justice, not evil. Hong Kong, Taiwan, and South Korea owe a lot of their good fortune to Japan, who has defended all three from Chinese aggression throughout the centuries (but I will admit many Korean women were raped by Japanese forces), though unfortunately China once again owns the once-British colony Hong Kong. Civil unrest lately has made me think either Japan or Russia will help Hong Kong fight China for independence eventually though.
The Allies of World War II, Germany, Japan, Italy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfpjLsMgAsw

Hitler's youth visited Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fin96NhFPEo

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reason I can talk about Japan like this is because

1. I love Japan, I want japan to recognize her history and correct it.

2. I feel no guilt or pride simply because I am part Japanese.

It is what it is.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:10 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,406,430 times
Nothing is more evil than the creation of "Israel" (the modern nation with that name, not the ancient nation) by 20th Century European and American Jews. Propaganda leads most conservative Christians into believing this despicable creation is fulfilling the Scriptures, but in reality, "Israel" is interfering with Muslims fulfilling their own ancient religion's duties, and most Jews in the stolen Muslim lands are of Jewish ethnicity but are nonbelievers in Judaism.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:58 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Whites SHOULD feel guilty! Not all of us were involved, but our ancestors were sick, twisted people. The truth hurts!
possibly some sleep will do you good......such BS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yikes, why is everyone so riled up about this. The op is right. We slaughtered native americans and those we didn't were put in their place.....reservations.
"We" didn't, certain people did.....many moons ago!

Old 05-10-2015, 12:04 AM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
possibly some sleep will do you good......such BS!

"We" didn't, certain people did.....many moons ago!
And what certain people would that be.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:10 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Yikes, why is everyone so riled up about this. The op is right. We slaughtered native americans and those we didn't were put in their place.....reservations.
So true. I remember those good ole days when I could just walk up to a native and run him through with my sword. In fact, I put together a slide show for my 400th birthday next month.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:14 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Some things to consider:

1. You don't have a time machine
2. You'll never have a time machine
3. Even if you had a time machine, it's extremely unlikely that you alone could go back in time and stop the discovery of America.
4. Even if you could prevent the conquistadors from discovering America, the next people who came along would have done the same thing

Old 05-10-2015, 02:33 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
In a heartbeat I would undo the "discovery" of the so-called "New World" (that name itself makes me vomit) by Columbus, and the ensuing slaughter of Native Americans (to call them "Indians" is an insult, although some of them prefer that term) and destruction of their habitats and culture by Europeans. Yes, I realize if I "undid" this, I wouldn't be here today, nor would the culture that I identify with.
Ehh, would have been impossible to keep the Americas secret forever. If I could go back in time, I would destroy all the "grain" crops(corn, wheat, potatoes, rice, yams, etc). Would have effectively prevented agriculturalism, and kept humans as hunter-gatherers forever.

Quote:
Here's what the Constitution actually is: a document written by SLAVEOWNERS (yes, they were white supremacists, and "all men are created equal" did NOT apply to non-white races in the view of these slaveowners). Also, the right-wing religious folks who insist the "Founding Fathers" (again, they were glorified slaveowners) envisioned America as a "Christian nation" are just plain mistaken, or even worse, are trying to rewrite historical facts. Most of the Founding Fathers were Deists, who believed a "creator" existed, but believed the same "creator" had no vision for the future of humanity. And guess what... Deism is now an almost entirely extinct religion because basic science eventually led Deists to become either atheists or agnostics. Why we in this country still adhere to an intellectual document written by people of an extinct religion and culture that NO (okay maybe two or three folks out in North Dakota somewhere) Americans today believe in is beyond me.
For someone who seems so interested in correcting people's understanding of history, you heavily misrepresented a few facts.

Yes, the Constitution was written in-part by slave-owners. But, a majority of the founding fathers and framers, didn't support slavery and would have happily abolished it. The problem was that the southern colonies just had too much invested in slavery to give it up. And the goal was to keep all the colonies united. For instance, people like John Adams and Alexander Hamilton would have gladly abolished slavery. Benjamin Franklin not only wasn't a fan of slavery, he was quite the advocate for the Native-Americans as well. And Thomas Jefferson had been one of the fiercest critics of slavery. The problem was in how to end slavery without destroying the economy, and for that matter, the country.

In his original draft of the Declaration of Independence he wrote, "He(King George) has waged cruel war against human nature itself, violating it's most sacred rights of life & liberty in the persons of a distant people who never offended him, captivating & carrying them into slavery in another hemisphere, or to incur miserable death in their transportation thither. This piratical warfare, the opprobrium of infidel powers, is the warfare of the CHRISTIAN king of Great Britain. determined to keep open a market where MEN should be bought & sold, he has prostituted his negative for suppressing every legislative attempt to prohibit or to restrain this execrable commerce: and that this assemblage of horrors might want no fact of distinguished die"

Jefferson’s “original Rough draught” of the Declaration of Independence - Declaring Independence: Drafting the Documents | Exhibitions - Library of Congress

As for the claim that the founding fathers were all deists. Well, there certainly were deists, and many more were influenced to some degree by deism. But the founding fathers were by and large Christians of some variety or another.

The Founding Fathers, Deism, and Christianity | Founding Fathers | Encyclopedia Britannica

The only founding father who was clearly a deist, was Thomas Paine. And to explain how controversial his views were at the time, only six people attended his funeral, and he basically died bankrupt and alone.

Thomas Paine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Founding Fathers, Deism, and Christianity | Founding Fathers | Encyclopedia Britannica

That doesn't mean the founders wanted to establish a "Christian Nation". But they certainly recognized that America was a Christian Nation at that time, and thought it was a good idea to keep it that way.

As John Jay wrote in the Federalist Papers #2, "With equal pleasure I have as often taken notice, that Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country, to one united people; a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs, and who, by their joint counsels, arms and efforts, fighting side by side throughout a long and bloody war, have nobly established their general Liberty and Independence."

He also wrote later in 1816, "Almost all nations have peace or war at the will and pleasure of rulers whom they do not elect, and who are not always wise or virtuous. Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest, of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."

Now, the reason why America wasn't founded as a "Christian Nation", was less about the founding fathers feelings towards Christianity, and more about just trying to keep government completely separate from religion.

Which I think is a pretty good policy.

The problem of course, is that in 1789, the federal government played almost no role whatsoever in anyone's lives. And for the most part, local governments could do whatever they wanted(IE, many New England states had state religions for decades after the Constitution was adopted).

State religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it wasn't for the "incorporation doctrine"(which supposedly originated from the 14th amendment, but was only established about 60 years later by the Supreme Court). Then things like the ten commandments in Courtrooms, or teaching Creation in school, would actually be a non-issue.

Incorporation of the Bill of Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That doesn't mean I agree with either of those. For instance, I absolutely hate that the government is involved in education at all. If it wasn't, then the whole creation thing wouldn't matter.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 05-10-2015 at 03:51 AM..

Old 05-10-2015, 02:44 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Let me add some points: the REAL reason for the American Revolution was NOT to defend "freedom" or "democracy". In fact, the main motivation for it was to break away from the British Empire before it ABOLISHED slavery... which happened much earlier in the UK than it did in America, and there was no war about the issue in the UK.
the real reason for the revolutionary was was to basically tell king george that we wanted representation in parliament if we were going to help support the british empire. since that was refused, the founding fathers then choose to break away from britain and the king. one of the things the founders of this country in fact DID want to do was abolish slavery, however the southern states would not join the fledgling country if the founders did that, they did however agree to stop importing slaves to this country. try reading a history book once.

Quote:
Whites SHOULD feel guilty! Not all of us were involved, but our ancestors were sick, twisted people. The truth hurts!
Quote:
you do realize that when the colonies were first founded, the indians help support the colonists. however there were those tribes that chose to war against the colonies instead. the natives that were here were no angels themselves, as they also committed many atrocities against the white man. and by the way many of those atrocities were unprovoked.

again try looking up the real history of this country, and you will find that there were no angels on either side. everyone wants to put the blame on the europeans alone, but there is plenty of blame to go around.

Old 05-10-2015, 02:59 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
your white guilt threads are meaningless

try relieving some of your guilt with the universal lubricant

pm me if you need instructions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies