Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 07:45 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,860,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Of the 100 million or so Democrats in the country a retread like Hillary is the best you could do? Which candidate with a D in front of his or her name would you NOT vote for?
Hillary?? Sorry , talk about cartoony!!

Old 05-20-2015, 07:52 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Republicans have absolutely no one with a mind of their own. They are all pandering to one group or another. Pretty sad for them. They are all on the same page and not one candidate wants to buck the ones pulling their strings to the big money.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:53 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Of the 100 million or so Democrats in the country a retread like Hillary is the best you could do? Which candidate with a D in front of his or her name would you NOT vote for?
I will vote democratic no matter who the candidate is, there is too much danger in electing a Republican and allowing them to pick another Scalia or Thomas for the SCOTUS

Old 05-20-2015, 07:57 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I will vote democratic no matter who the candidate is, there is too much danger in electing a Republican and allowing them to pick another Scalia or Thomas for the SCOTUS
+1, the ability to nominate SCOTUS Justices for the next 10 years is the most important consideration, in my mind.

Mick

Old 05-20-2015, 08:12 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
In few words ...
Republicans (politicians) constantly push the idea that being smart is "elitist" .... And sadly there's millions of Americans that agree with them.
And that to appeal to the Average American they have to sound ignorant.

Exact same thing that rappers do to sell CDs

Old 05-20-2015, 08:20 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
What you are seeing is the end result of concentration of lunacy. Here's the short version:

1) You have a given political party, religion, group, etc. Most of the people are normal, but an ever increasing number are nuts. Worst case, they are ignorant bigots, as displayed by the right-wing extremists.

2) The more sane members of this group start to leave and become unaffiliated once it becomes clear they are losing ground to the lunatics.

3) As the sane people leave, the power of the loons increases, thus accelerating the exodus of the normals as well as encouraging the nuts to ever greater feats of stupidity since - with the normal people gone - there's nothing to prevent them from going totally off the deep end.

That's why we have on the GOP side nuts that include: a guy who can't even legally run for president, various people under criminal investigation, Bible-thumping hate-mongers, and a whole host of blithering idiots who will gladly turn their back on science and reason.

A good percentage of the normal Republicans left the party. This began in the days of Bush Jr. - an utter, drooling moron who somehow managed to both increase the size of government AND give us nothing for it - and accelerated with the rise of the radical hate-mongers and Bible-thumpers that drive the Tea Party. With so many normals gone, crazies now rule.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:27 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Um... hate to break it to you, but the entire Republican Clown Car is nothing but retreads and failures, so using that as an argument against Hillary really doesn't cut it since the same could be said about the Republican party tenfold.

Here's the sad fact - she should be easily beatable since she has no charisma, is up there in years, and has baggage.

But the Republicans are too focused on crazy to actually do anything useful for this nation, much less come up with a candidate that isn't somehow a worse choice.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:33 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
I'm a registered Democrat for over 25 years but I try to look at the GOP objectively as I can.

However, I'm really puzzled at how they keep dredging up these total buffoons to represent their party in Presidential elections! I won't even get started about Dubya, who had the speaking skills of an 8th grader who rode the short yellow bus if you get my drift. GW Bush should be in front of a firing squad for all the lies about WMD's. Sarah Palin is like the punchline of a really bad junior high joke.

Just take this guy Dr. Ben Carson. A Yale graduate and youngest black chief neurosurgeon in the history of the United States, and yet he honestly believes homosexuality is a "choice" and that evolution is fake? They should revoke his medical license for even saying such drivel. Who would see a doctor with a brain as confused and ignorant as this man's?

And what about Jeb Bush --- the ultimate flip-floppity waffling liar? One day he says he would invade Iraq all over again, and the next day he says he wouldn't do it. Can anyone trust this dude with even the simplest questions?

Chris Christie ran up over $83,000 in NJ taxpayer dollars on snacks and booze at NFL games? Swear to God, that's something you'd hear from a stand up comedian, but it's actually true! Oh my, that is sooo pathetic and sad.

Can't wait to see Ol' Bible-Thumper Rick Santorum ramp up his schtick again. This weirdo wants to immediately launch Crusades in every Middle Eastern country and strap gay men to Tomahawk missiles in order to bomb Tehran and Pyongyang back to the Stone Age. What a lovely tolerant Christian, eh?

Hillary is laughing at how easy it will be to take the White House in 2016. Bill is already making the talk show rounds and it's looking like a victory tour, folks.
Good stuff.

But of course a similar list of WTF? points can be made regarding Hillary.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:33 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
I'm a registered Democrat for over 25 years but I try to look at the GOP objectively as I can.

Hillary is laughing at how easy it will be to take the White House in 2016. Bill is already making the talk show rounds and it's looking like a victory tour, folks.
As an unregistered independent for over 25 years I have to wonder why you can't seem to remember 2008.

Also, I cannot fathom why even if you are correct why you think Hillary is a good democratic option since she's a corporatist with no real regard for the little guy or unions etc. She's literally the DINO poster-child.

That pretty much tells me that you really are just a party loyalist and don't really care if the politician follows any party ideals, you'll vote for them no matter what....and that's just sad.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:46 PM

756 posts, read 834,185 times
Exclamation Mitt Romney:

Quote:

However, I'm really puzzled at how they keep dredging up these total buffoons to represent their party in Presidential elections! I won't even get started about Dubya, who had the speaking skills of an 8th grader who rode the short yellow bus if you get my drift. GW Bush should be in front of a firing squad for all the lies about WMD's. Sarah Palin is like the punchline of a really bad junior high joke.

Just take this guy Dr. Ben Carson. A Yale graduate and youngest black chief neurosurgeon in the history of the United States, and yet he honestly believes homosexuality is a "choice" and that evolution is fake? They should revoke his medical license for even saying such drivel. Who would see a doctor with a brain as confused and ignorant as this man's?

And what about Jeb Bush --- the ultimate flip-floppity waffling liar? One day he says he would invade Iraq all over again, and the next day he says he wouldn't do it. Can anyone trust this dude with even the simplest questions?

Chris Christie ran up over $83,000 in NJ taxpayer dollars on snacks and booze at NFL games? Swear to God, that's something you'd hear from a stand up comedian, but it's actually true! Oh my, that is sooo pathetic and sad.

Can't wait to see Ol' Bible-Thumper Rick Santorum ramp up his schtick again. This weirdo wants to immediately launch Crusades in every Middle Eastern country and strap gay men to Tomahawk missiles in order to bomb Tehran and Pyongyang back to the Stone Age. What a lovely tolerant Christian, eh?

Don't forget Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney scares me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies