Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2015, 11:25 AM

797 posts, read 1,751,001 times

Advertisements

Josh Duggar is the new Lena Dunham. Both perverted child molesters. The only difference is when confronted with what they did, Lena told people to f**k off and Josh owned up to it.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
Haha even "mama june" is trying to get a million bucks from all this now.

I heard TLC is considering keeping the show without Josh on it? Not sure if anyone else read this, cannot remember the site.
I heard that too. I feel conflicted about that. Jim Boob and michelle basically kept the sicko that tormented their daughter in the home... They're just as bad as Josh

Old 05-25-2015, 11:33 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,692,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newenglander0000 View Post
I heard that too. I feel conflicted about that. Jim Boob and michelle basically kept the sicko that tormented their daughter in the home... They're just as bad as Josh
I have heard more people upset with Jim Bob and Michelle actually, so yeah it would be tough for TLC to continue the show at all.

I think its best to just end it regardless. They still have Amy "Duggar" show going? I wasnt sure if it was still airing or got canceled.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:35 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
When you raise a hormone filled teenage boy in an environment where any form of sexual fulfillment outside marriage is considered a sin this is what happens. Not that it excuses him being an abuser, I was raised in a similarly strict environment and didn't do that. Just saying that human have urges that are natural, not shameful. It only makes sense to give people an outlet for those urges that minimizes damage to anyone. Reminds me of the Catholic church expecting hormone filled men to never have a sexual outlet for their entire life and then being surprised that they take out their urges on the only people they have private access to.

Also, growing up in a conservative Christian household I can vouch for the fact that women are taught to be passive and put up with whatever abuse they receive. Women are taught to be ashamed of their sexuality and generally get blamed for any unwanted sexual advances. I had an aunt that married a man that raped her! If we forget where we've been as a society we will end up back in the gutter.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newenglander0000 View Post
Josh Duggar is the new Lena Dunham. Both perverted child molesters. The only difference is when confronted with what they did, Lena told people to f**k off and Josh owned up to it.
Did he own up to it? What has he really admitted to? He 'behaved inexcusably'. He made a 'mistake'. Sound like minimizing language to me. When he stands up and says that he fondled five little girls by touching their breasts and vagina and he's really sorry ~ then I'll listen. But he never will. Because then "I'm sorry' wouldn't be enough.

AND, Oh ~ but it really was for the best because it "brought them all closer to God". So, it was good for everyone, I guess.

Lena Dunham was 7 years old.

Do you believe there are differences in a 7 year old and a 14 year old?

Old 05-25-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
When you raise a hormone filled teenage boy in an environment where any form of sexual fulfillment outside marriage is considered a sin this is what happens. Not that it excuses him being an abuser, I was and didn't do that. Just saying that human have urges that are natural, not shameful. It only makes sense to give people an outlet for those urges that minimizes damage to anyone. Reminds me of the Catholic church expecting hormone filled men to never have a sexual outlet for their entire life and then being surprised that they take out their urges on the only people they have private access to.

Also, growing up in a conservative Christian household I can vouch for the fact that women are taught to be passive and put up with whatever abuse they receive. Women are taught to be ashamed of their sexuality and generally get blamed for any unwanted sexual advances. I had an aunt that married a man that raped her! If we forget where we've been as a society we will end up back in the gutter.
I was brought up in a conservative christian household as well and can vouch that not ALL are like this. I was never taught to be passive or take abuse from anyone including men, never told to feel ashamed either of emotions or feelings. I was rasied to have morals and guidelines, yes but not to hide and close my eyes to things.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Did he own up to it? What has he really admitted to? He 'behaved inexcusably'. He made a 'mistake'. Sound like minimizing language to me. When he stands up and says that he fondled five little girls by touching their breasts and vagina and he's really sorry ~ then I'll listen. But he never will. Because then "I'm sorry' wouldn't be enough.

AND, Oh ~ but it really was for the best because it "brought them all closer to God". So, it was good for everyone, I guess.

According to what most all are agreeing with, age doesnt make a difference for a child molester.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
According to what most all are agreeing with, age doesnt make a difference for a child molester.
Is that your professional opinion? Because I tend to disagree.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Is that your professional opinion? Because I tend to disagree.
I completely disagree also, age does matter, however many have posted this throughout the thread saying age makes no difference.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:

He did own up to it. He said he was sorry and that his actions were wrong. Which, btw, is FAR more than what Lena Dunham has done in light of her own admission to being a sexual predator.

I never said the lame ass excuse of it "bringing them closer to God" was valid, but at least Josh is showing some remorse and says he learned from this experience (he justifies it as an opportunity to make him more faithful.. I think it's a PR shtick but that's my opinion). Again, his attempt to show remorse and say he is a changed and "better" man is FAR better than the way Lena Dunham reacted.

They were both juvenile sexual predators. Does a 14 year old have more knowledge of what is right/wrong compared to a 7 year old? Yes, but they are both still CHILDREN. Minors. Juveniles. Not adults. Not mature. Both still children. Doesn't excuse their behavior at all but it also doesn't make one worse than the other. They both molested their sibling(s)!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies