Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 06:56 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,335,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I was under the impression that America had the worst (or close to the worst) medical system in the world....even behind Cuba and Ethiopia

He broke his leg in France (the leftie Utopia for all that's awesome), went to Switzerland for initial treatment (another leftie Utopia), yet he chose to come to America of all places for surgery!

Can someone please explain this?
We do have great Healthcare, some of the best in the world, many people come to America to have surgery or other advanced medical procedures not available where they live.

What we don't have is quality Healthcare and equal access to all Dr's, drugs, treatments etc....

So we have a great medical system, but access is expensive and many go without.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 06:59 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
I was under the impression that America had the worst (or close to the worst) medical system in the world....even behind Cuba and Ethiopia

He broke his leg in France (the leftie Utopia for all that's awesome), went to Switzerland for initial treatment (another leftie Utopia), yet he chose to come to America of all places for surgery!

Yes. He's having the same doctor that performed his hip replacement surgery do the job, because the hip replacement surgery involves a rod into the femur, which is what's broken. So, it's to avoid complications. Sounds reasonable to me. I'd do the same thing if it were me, especially if I were Secretary Of State during these intense times. He has an obligation to the country to get it taken care of with as little downtime as possible.

I question the wisdom of road cycling given his position. That was probably not the best choice.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/ma...JzL/story.html

Old 06-02-2015, 07:06 AM

19,527 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes. He's having the same doctor that performed his hip replacement surgery do the job, because the hip replacement surgery involves a rod into the femur, which is what's broken. So, it's to avoid complications. Sounds reasonable to me. I'd do the same thing if it were me, especially if I were Secretary Of State during these intense times. He has an obligation to the country to get it taken care of with as little downtime as possible.

I question the wisdom of road cycling given his position. That was probably not the best choice.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/ma...JzL/story.html

He could have been on the golf course and got hit in the head with an errant ball or a club iron

Old 06-02-2015, 07:12 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:

It's not his money. Since you and I are paying to fly him all over the world in a huge plane, then he obviously wants to get the best healthcare money can buy.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:27 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
It's not his money. Since you and I are paying to fly him all over the world in a huge plane, then he obviously wants to get the best healthcare money can buy.
Does any one even know why that transport plane was used and where it had been just before Kerry got on it? Was it already in Europe and would have had to travel back here empty anyway? Was it delivering supplies or personal over there before it was used to bring Kerry back home and sending a smaller plane would have cost more than one already on the way for another purpose? Gather some more facts before condemning the use of plane they choose to evacuate Kerry.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:01 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Yea....lefties are ignorant hypocrites.
Yeah, the righties who claim to believe in LESS spending and LESS government yet consistently give us MORE spending and MORE government that suits their agenda are just true to their beliefs, eh?

Perhaps you should be honest and just start a thread titled "I hate lefties, NO reason needed".

Old 06-02-2015, 08:04 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
If I were a leftie, I wouldn't trust ANY of the 1% overpaid, greedy surgeons in America.

IF
you were a leftie you'd more likely be worth listening to.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:07 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
It's so amusing to see all the people who constantly whine and moan about how unfair everything in the US is have no problem at all with Kerry taking a special trip back to the US via military transport for just a broken leg. How many ordinary US citizens do you think would have been able to do that?

And the arguments that it's so expensive for foreigners to get treatment in France, do you have any idea how absurd it is to make that argument about a millionare being flown back to the US in a C17? You think it's about money?

Military plane transports John Kerry back to Boston after leg break - The Washington Post

traveling home aboard a specially outfitted U.S. military aircraft.

The C-17 transport plane, dispatched from the U.S. air base in Ramstein, Germany, was “staffed by additional military medical personnel in keeping with standard practice,” Kerry spokesman John Kirby said.

So no it wasn't hauling cargo and was headed back to the US empty anyway, this is a special trip just for him. A normal C-17 costs over $23,000 per hour to fly.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:21 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,995,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
It's so amusing to see all the people who constantly whine and moan about how unfair everything in the US is have no problem at all with Kerry taking a special trip back to the US via military transport for just a broken leg. How many ordinary US citizens do you think would have been able to do that?

And the arguments that it's so expensive for foreigners to get treatment in France, do you have any idea how absurd it is to make that argument about a millionare being flown back to the US in a C17? You think it's about money?

Military plane transports John Kerry back to Boston after leg break - The Washington Post

traveling home aboard a specially outfitted U.S. military aircraft.

The C-17 transport plane, dispatched from the U.S. air base in Ramstein, Germany, was “staffed by additional military medical personnel in keeping with standard practice,” Kerry spokesman John Kirby said.

So no it wasn't hauling cargo and was headed back to the US empty anyway, this is a special trip just for him. A normal C-17 costs over $23,000 per hour to fly.
He's the Secretary of State. We fly wounded soldiers on the same route all the time.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:47 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,335,424 times
I can only wonder if the right would care about this if Kerry was a Republican Head of State appointed by a Republican president.

No one gave Dick Cheney **** for all the medical procedures he had done. All paid for by the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies