Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 03:05 PM

27,321 posts, read 15,454,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Tolerance is not BANNING something for someone else. Those who support SSM are not trying to ban heterosexuals from getting married.

.........and leaving others to stay to the principles that they hold.
Don't see that in this movement.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:05 PM

991 posts, read 1,114,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Most don't care what they do.
We care about being pushed to legitimatize what we flat out do not agree with.

Simple.
It's already legitimized...the people who oppose it are fast becoming a minority. So who's pushing whom?

Old 06-02-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
The conservative approach is to outright ban actions they don't approve of for arbitrary reasons. Sure, liberals will censor opposing ideas, but to compare getting in trouble for saying 'gays are bad' on CNN or something to not allowing two people who love each other to get married is just whiney and pathetic. Especially since ideas that may get backlash on CNN can be said on Fox and no one will say a word.

Conservatives?

Try mankind for most of all time.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:06 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,660,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
I have nothing against gays. If both people are 18 or older and everything is consensual; they want to be together, great. Have fun. But I am so damn tired of hearing about it every day. You can't watch the news or turn on your internet or TV anymore without being bombarded with someone kissing a gay's behind.

Alright. You're gay. Congrats. Here's a lollipop. Equal rights for all. Now SHUT UP about it already.

WELL HONEY! it's JUNE which is GAY PRIDE MONTH! So simmer down for some Gay fest!

But I am so damn tired of hearing about it every day. You can't watch the news or turn on your internet or TV anymore without being bombarded with someone kissing a gay's behind.

Now you know what having "Heterosexuality" being flaunted in your face 24/7 feels like!

Kiss up butter cup!

Close your eyes and everything that is marketed to in the Media has a sexual angle.You are just so used it until it's Gay!

Freaking Reese Peanuts has bunnies screwing over chocalate!

Old 06-02-2015, 03:08 PM

906 posts, read 715,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
It's already legitimized...the people who oppose it are fast becoming a minority. So who's pushing whom?
Legitimatize it to the peril of your empire.

Bye bye.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:18 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,605,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
I have nothing against gays. If both people are 18 or older and everything is consensual; they want to be together, great. Have fun. But I am so damn tired of hearing about it every day. You can't watch the news or turn on your internet or TV anymore without being bombarded with someone kissing a gay's behind.

Alright. You're gay. Congrats. Here's a lollipop. Equal rights for all. Now SHUT UP about it already.
I feel that way about straights thinking they're so damn special that everything should only be about them & they complain & whine if some other group gets attention.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post

Who pushes society with a small minority to bend to their will?
You confuse legitimacy with wearing people down.

Yes, I know that is the strategy.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:27 PM

104 posts, read 111,861 times
Default Torn on the Gay Issue

I'm torn on the gay issue as well because I am still trying to sort my own feelings out and that takes time. However, the extreme actions of the far right forces me to land on the side of the activists, almost on every issue, because I am against any behavior which discriminates, bully and otherwise results in mean comments and behavior. I am devasted when I hear how gays and others suffer at the hands of evil folks. I just wish that the conversation can simply focus on treating folks in a fair, equal and respectful manner....period.

I believe we happen to be living through significant lifestyle changes and that historically has always generated controversy. Media has chosen to oversaturate us with messaging supporting the LGBT causes and that is by design. That is one of the keys ways to effect social change. I'm concerned about media images because I don't won't my grandson to be negatively influenced about many topics that are blasted at us on TV. So consequently, he only watch what his parents have taped for him which is less than 2 hours per week.

Last, the gay lobbyists have done a masterful job in making sure this topic has stayed in the faces of us all and forcing folks to make a decision. I'm not mad at them for a job well done.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:33 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,605,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Who pushes society with a small minority to bend to their will?
You confuse legitimacy with wearing people down.

Yes, I know that is the strategy.
Feeling persecuted, are you?

Old 06-02-2015, 03:35 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,530,610 times
Suuuuure you're torn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies