Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 11:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,710,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Because simply living together does not allow us to make medical decisions for our loved one. POAs do not always supply that ability.
Simply living together does not allow us to inherit automatically from our significant other. Will are overturned regularly.
Simply living together does not protect us from estate taxes, see windsor case.
Simply living together does not allow us to be on our partners insurance like married partners can.
Simply living together does not allow us to file jointly for tax purposes.

Equal protection of the laws means ALL laws.
And that is why they have lawyers who can write up legal documents that both can sign.

Same with a man and a woman who "simply live together". There are no rights there either.

You don't want to file "joint" because you end up with MORE taxes then if you filed single.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:49 AM

991 posts, read 1,114,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
So, as I said, it's about money. A simple civil contract would accomplish the same thing. Pushing your perversions on America as hard as you are will create a backlash you will not like.
I think that's what they said about interracial marriage fifty to a hundred years ago, yet that is as popular today as ever before, and enjoys widespread acceptance. They called that a perversion too. Considering the increasing acceptance rate of SSM these days, I think it will just fade into widespread social acceptance as many other things have in the past. The older generations who oppose eventually die off...

Old 06-02-2015, 11:52 AM

110 posts, read 124,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That's how you change society's perception of a social issue.

Propaganda is a powerful tool that can be used to change attitudes of a society.

Only 1.7% of Americans identify as gay yet from all the media propaganda you'd think they comprised 80% or more of our country.

Propaganda is a powerful tool of persuasion.

Exactly! Seems every television show MUST meet the requisite gay/lesbian quota for some unknown reason. Current television programming fails to realistically represent the percentage of homosexuals in this country.

The fact that people are getting "gay fatigue" has nothing to do with bigotry. It has to do with reality. We seek out television entertainment as a way to relax and escape the pressures of the day. We do not need subliminal messaging and lecturing from entertainment programming. Like "Green Week" or when every sitcom on ABC or NBC had a plot line related to health insurance.

The general consensus in Hollywood is that everyday American citizens are so stupid that they must be brainwashed by thinly veiled indoctrination from their favorite TV shows.

It gets really old...really fast. The gay "agenda" has over played its hand and is starting to see backlash from even their staunchest supporters because of this push to normalize the lifestyle of 2% of the population.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:55 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,530,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
I think that's what they said about interracial marriage fifty to a hundred years ago, yet that is as popular today as ever before, and enjoys widespread acceptance. They called that a perversion too. Considering the increasing acceptance rate of SSM these days, I think it will just fade into widespread social acceptance as many other things have in the past. The older generations who oppose eventually die off...
And young people who have no clue about much in life get older and become far more conservative than they could ever have imagined. Youngsters like you will become the older generation much sooner than you realize and your beliefs WILL change. Count on it.

And interracial heterosexual marriage is not only in no way comparable to homosexual marriage. Also, it's still exceedingly rare in America.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:00 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,676,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
I have nothing against gays. If both people are 18 or older and everything is consensual; they want to be together, great. Have fun. But I am so damn tired of hearing about it every day. You can't watch the news or turn on your internet or TV anymore without being bombarded with someone kissing a gay's behind.

Alright. You're gay. Congrats. Here's a lollipop. Equal rights for all. Now SHUT UP about it already.

Obviously, you don't ''get it.''

The Agenda....is, and has been, to Force-feed America with the filthy lifestyle. BRAIN-WASHING is their evil process. LOOK, it's working. More deceived citizens, lacking TRUE Sapience....are joining the Abnormal garbage, even defending them. America IS TOAST. Watch as She falls in the deep dark Cesspool.

Very few CARE !!!

Old 06-02-2015, 12:00 PM

991 posts, read 1,114,435 times
Quote:
And young people who have no clue about much in life get older and become far more conservative than they could ever have imagined. Youngsters like you will become the older generation much sooner than you realize and your beliefs WILL change. Count on it.

And interracial heterosexual marriage is not only in no way comparable to homosexual marriage. Also, it's still exceedingly rare in America.
Why is it different? Even by your own admission, interracial marriage is not "normal" in america because it is rare; assuming normal is "typical", or "expected", or the "most common value". And, as you have said before, if it's not normal, it is bad, right? Yet, have interracial marriages cause the massive problems that those against it 50 years ago thought it would? Hardly. My grandparents were against it in the 1980s. By the time I entered into an interracial marriage, they were cool with it. They were also against SSM at one point, but in New York State it's legal and my cousin is in a SSM... and they were eventually cool with it. Will it cause the destruction of society? Hardly.

And, as my grandparents became exposed to such new and different things, they eventually accepted them.

BTW interracial marriages are becoming less rare...it's up to 9% now.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:02 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,266,795 times
Quote:
So, as I said, it's about money. A simple civil contract would accomplish the same thing. Pushing your perversions on America as hard as you are will create a backlash you will not like.
No a civil contract will not. I was refused entrance into my fiancees hospital room after a wreck even WITH a medical POA. People have has wills overturned by family members. Mrs Windsor had to pay $363,000 in estate taxes and she was legally married. A civil contract will not work for immigration, not military benefits.

Nice internet toughman act, but there will be nothing but internet "warriors" pissing and moaning when SSM becomes legal across the country.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:03 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,676,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
Why is it different? Even by your own admission, interracial marriage is not "normal" in america because it is rare. And, as you have said before, if it's not normal, it is bad, right? Yet, have interracial marriages cause the massive problems that those against it 50 years ago thought it would? Hardly. My grandparents were against it in the 1980s. By the time I entered an interracial marriage, they were cool with it. They were also against SSM at one point, but in New York State it's legal and my cousin is in a SSM... and they were eventually cool with it. Will it cause the destruction of society? Hardly.

And, as my grandparents became exposed to such new and different things, they eventually accepted them.

Obviously, you don't ''get it.''

The Agenda....is, and has been, to Force-feed America with the filthy lifestyle. BRAIN-WASHING is their evil process. LOOK, it's working. More deceived citizens, lacking TRUE Sapience....are joining the Abnormal garbage, even defending them. America IS TOAST. Watch as She falls in the deep dark Cesspool.

Very few CARE !!!

Old 06-02-2015, 12:04 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,266,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And that is why they have lawyers who can write up legal documents that both can sign.

Same with a man and a woman who "simply live together". There are no rights there either.

You don't want to file "joint" because you end up with MORE taxes then if you filed single.
See other post.

Filing jointly would not mean more taxes in my case since I am a stay at home spouse.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:08 PM

906 posts, read 715,641 times
They forsake the holy covenant of a Godly marriage...opting for a stately union.

Which is above which. God, or the state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies