Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 01:00 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,164,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
It sucks to be homosexual. None of them will ever find true happiness or contentment with their lives. Oh well.
Or maybe you won't? You seem to complain a lot about what other people do. You seem to take offense with the actions of others that don't impact your life.

As a happy, gay, Jewish man, I have to say, you certainly seem more like a malcontent.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:05 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,528,417 times
If calling me names and making a personal attack helps you get through the night, OK.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,646,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Came out a survey where the number of lgbt in Japan is 7,6% in Australia 6.5%, it is important to report that in 2012 in Japan only 1.2% of the population called Lgbt, against 7% in 2015, and Australia the number was 3,1% in 2011 certainly the number of lgbt in USA must be from 8.5% to 9%.( Gay Star News | Gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender global news, entertainment, travel and features)
A gay news paper is quoting 9% of Americans are gay ?

NHIS reports that only 1.6% of Americans identify as gay.
Less than 3% identify as gay, bi or trans.

Health survey gives government its first large-scale data on gay, bisexual population - The Washington Post

Old 06-02-2015, 01:12 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,164,586 times
Quote:
If calling me names and making a personal attack helps you get through the night, OK.
Your posts really exhibit a true streak of meanness that I have rarely seen. I think that's what a lot of this boils down too-- Many who oppose SSM and = rights for GLBT folks are just plain mean about it. Whether its refusing service (and hiding behind "religious" beliefs) or calling all gays unhappy and malcontent, it's just plain mean.

Of course, conservatism itself (sadly) looks more and more like the doctrine of selfishness and ill will towards those who are different or think different.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:15 PM

991 posts, read 1,113,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Your posts really exhibit a true streak of meanness that I have rarely seen. I think that's what a lot of this boils down too-- Many who oppose SSM and = rights for GLBT folks are just plain mean about it. Whether its refusing service (and hiding behind "religious" beliefs) or calling all gays unhappy and malcontent, it's just plain mean.

Of course, conservatism itself (sadly) looks more and more like the doctrine of selfishness and ill will towards those who are different or think different.
More than anything I think many are threatened by the idea that they can't hold everything static, sealed in time, forever...when the reality is that everything is continually changing, non-static, and there is nothing that permanent. This fact frustrates many conservatives, I have noticed.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:16 PM

900 posts, read 377,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A gay news paper is quoting 9% of Americans are gay ?

NHIS reports that only 1.6% of Americans identify as gay.
Less than 3% identify as gay, bi or trans.

Health survey gives government its first large-scale data on gay, bisexual population - The Washington Post
In 2012 1.2% of Japanese and 3.1% of Australians are designated LGBTs, is now 7.6% and 6.5% respectively, which explains this explosive growth, if not greater acceptance ... I can not believe that the US a continental nation has proportionally fewer LGBTs that Australia it is laughable and blatantly lying, surveys like these are failures, especially as other studies like Gallup in 2012 they were 3.4% and the institute Williams said in 2011 were 3.8%, and Pew (2014) the number of lgbt people is 4.6%, then in which one should I believe? ... research like this are volatile, any ride in the street you find that everything is a lie.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:37 PM

998 posts, read 667,078 times
Didn't Bruce Jenner recently kill a woman in traffic by rear ending her at a traffic light while texting? And now she's being celebrated as a hero by the MSM and progressive groups? That kind of shows you where their priorities are.

In any case, she now he has the right like any other woman to appear in highly photo shopped publicity shots. I thought women were against that type of thing? Didn't Dove create an entire ad campaign based off that? I suppose she doesn't care... she and the Kardashian family must be raking in millions from all the social justice warrior chest thumping.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:42 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,528,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post

Again, if your personal attacks help you get through the night, I can handle it. BTW, I'm black and Jewish.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,646,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
In 2012 1.2% of Japanese and 3.1% of Australians are designated LGBTs, is now 7.6% and 6.5% respectively, which explains this explosive growth, if not greater acceptance ... I can not believe that the US a continental nation has proportionally fewer LGBTs that Australia it is laughable and blatantly lying, surveys like these are failures, especially as other studies like Gallup in 2012 they were 3.4% and the institute Williams said in 2011 were 3.8%, and Pew (2014) the number of lgbt people is 4.6%, then in which one should I believe? ... research like this are volatile, any ride in the street you find that everything is a lie.
NHIS is the government..the CDC in fact. When you like the numbers the government is good but when you don't like the numbers the government is bad and is lying ?

NHIS - National Health Interview Survey Homepage

Old 06-02-2015, 01:46 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,106,765 times
Quote:
Deflect much? Answer my questions. Don't be like a 12 year old child and parrot back what I asked. Jesus but you people are obtuse.
You've been given answers, you're responses lead me to believe you aren't asking questions for intellectual purposes though. You reduce the answers to what you did below:

Quote:
So, as I said, it's about money. A simple civil contract would accomplish the same thing. Pushing your perversions on America as hard as you are will create a backlash you will not like.
or more simply just saying:

Quote:
Bullcrap

You say get a civil contract. Are you aware that a marriage is exactly that! It's meant to secure a person's belongings to another person by law; this is essentially what a marriage is, rather those belonging are property, wealth, or children.

It is in fact about equal protection under the law. The same securities that are given to heterosexual couples must be provided to homosexual couples. Marriage is currently the most efficient way of doing this. If you want to get into the civil union subject, fine, but I'm obligated to point out that the same states that don't have gay marriage often also don't have civil unions available to homosexuals.

Marriage isn't a special thing. It's a social contract between consenting bodies. That's all it's ever been at it's most basic level: an agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.