Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 02:29 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,828,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Deflect much? Answer my questions. Don't be like a 12 year old child and parrot back what I asked. Jesus but you people are obtuse.
No, I was holding up a mirror in an attempt to show you how pathetic your attitude is.

Obviously, I failed. Or you failed to see the obvious, I dunno.

Why did you want to get married? Is your imagination really so lacking that you can't imagine a gay person feeling the same way?

Old 06-02-2015, 02:29 PM

906 posts, read 715,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
LOL.. NY and California are pretty much supporting the rest of the country financially. So, please, just watch from the sidelines and be thankful.
Money means nothing, your empire is weakening because its moral fabric is quickly becoming undone. The decency is gone, the money is soon to follow. It's what happens when you transform your economy to a service based one, you all become slaves. Slaves to each other..

I'll just get my Masters and wash my hands of this freak show of a society. No worries on my end. Perhaps you all manage to turn it around?

Old 06-02-2015, 02:31 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,828,346 times
Quote:
So, as I said, it's about money. A simple civil contract would accomplish the same thing. Pushing your perversions on America as hard as you are will create a backlash you will not like.
Hasn't yet. In fact, I wonder whether the startlingly rapid increase in people who support SSM isn't a backlash against people who say the kinds of things you say.

Just a thought.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:34 PM

33,609 posts, read 37,258,722 times
Quote:
It sucks to be homosexual. None of them will ever find true happiness or contentment with their lives. Oh well.
Obviously you don't know any homosexuals very well...The gay people I've known are generally the happiest, but then we don't have the stupid anti-gay clamor here.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:36 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,530,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
No, I was holding up a mirror in an attempt to show you how pathetic your attitude is.

Obviously, I failed. Or you failed to see the obvious, I dunno.

Why did you want to get married? Is your imagination really so lacking that you can't imagine a gay person feeling the same way?
Gee, more personal attacks. OK.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:38 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,440,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
I have nothing against gays. If both people are 18 or older and everything is consensual; they want to be together, great. Have fun. But I am so damn tired of hearing about it every day. You can't watch the news or turn on your internet or TV anymore without being bombarded with someone kissing a gay's behind. Alright. You're gay. Congrats. Here's a lollipop. Equal rights for all. Now SHUT UP about it already!
I hesitate to agree because I hear very similar remarks about the black struggle in America especially if a black person dares to complain about being mistreated by someone other than black. But then, I guess so many of us want to be treated with prominence. And I too have nothing against gay people, even if I disagree with homosexuality (they are actually not synonymous).

Old 06-02-2015, 02:41 PM

33,609 posts, read 37,258,722 times
Quote:
Gee, more personal attacks. OK.
You sound like a little kid saying everyone is picking on me.....I see posters disagreeing with you, but I fail to see anything that could be called a "personal attack".

Old 06-02-2015, 02:55 PM

82 posts, read 273,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Tolerance is not BANNING something for someone else. Those who support SSM are not trying to ban heterosexuals from getting married.

There is plenty of tolerance for gays, gay people can marry, every other tv show is dominated by characters. The most intolerant people I have seen are on the left, who openly mock conservatives; by belittling their faith, an calling them all sorts of names. I personally couln't care less if gays marry.

Funny how liberal gays in the US are utterly mute to the plight of gays in the middle east, who are murdered for being gay. I'm a Libertarian

Old 06-02-2015, 03:00 PM

27,290 posts, read 15,443,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
There are a couple of reasons for it.

For one thing, reactionaries are still attempting to withhold gay rights, even in states that have gay marriage. Gay teen suicide rate is unacceptably high, as is overall suicide rate frankly, so I would say there is still a problem that needs to be addressed.

As to why it's being addressed far more than any other issue, it's because it's accessible. The average American won't understand what the TTP is, even if it's explained to them. But gay rights is excruciatingly straightforward, and depending on the media outlet, will either talk about the discrimination gays face or how God gets his feelings hurt overtime two men hold hands.

If we want the gay issue to go away, we legalize same sex marriage and treat gay people with respect. In other words, act like adults, if you can believe it's that simple.

Actually a society has the right to call their standards and mores.
This is nothing except fighting against that and a small minority working as hard as they can to break society down to their desire for that society.

A "gay right" does not exist due to choice, it's not being "withheld"..

Old 06-02-2015, 03:03 PM

27,290 posts, read 15,443,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
I know, right?

I just don't understand why people have this primal need for everyone to be like them...who cares what someone else does and how much people talk about it? Does it really affect your life all that much?

Most don't care what they do.
We care about being pushed to legitimatize what we flat out do not agree with.

Simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies