Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 11:07 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times

Advertisements

Homosexuals, please tell us why you *need* to be married? What's in it for you? Why do you feel you can't simply live together? This is all about trying to get money and that's all. We know it, you know it.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
I have nothing against gays. If both people are 18 or older and everything is consensual; they want to be together, great. Have fun. But I am so damn tired of hearing about it every day. You can't watch the news or turn on your internet or TV anymore without being bombarded with someone kissing a gay's behind.

Alright. You're gay. Congrats. Here's a lollipop. Equal rights for all. Now SHUT UP about it already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Tell that to the gay agenda as well - and we'll all be swell.

You and jjrose aren't GETTING IT, are you? Media has already warped your brains. Flew right over your heads, poor things.
Well, here's the thing that flew right over your head. They are still fighting for 'equal rights for all'. One day, perhaps, they won't have to.

They will just be like your or I or anyone else - living their lives. Of course that means they won't be hiding and, therefore, you might see some on the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Hell, even if it is a disorder, so is dyslexia. We can't do anything about dyslexia either, but we can make their life as functional as possible with their reading difficulties. But they'll still never read exactly as everyone else does. So why not the same for homosexuals to the people who claim it's a disorder? Teach them to be respectful to the same sex so they can enter into healthy relationships.

Exactly why do you have an issue with gay rights? Is it your faith, you know, the one you just ****ed on by not turning the other cheek?
Best post in the thread. Whatever the reason; whatever the cause ~ why can't they just live their lives with the same rights that we enjoy? We all have one 'disorder' or another, no?

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Homosexuals, please tell us why you *need* to be married? What's in it for you? Why do you feel you can't simply live together? This is all about trying to get money and that's all. We know it, you know it.
As I understand it, they're advocating for equal protection under the law.

991 posts, read 1,110,243 times
Quote:
What's in stopping it for those against it? Just because you call it "abnormal" does not mean there is no place for it. Normal is a measure of statistical prevalence, not a qualification about the benefit of something. In a "normal" statistical distribution, there will be a certain number of observed things, etc. That still leaves space for the values that fall beyond the mean. You know what we call people who fall three deviations beyond the mean of intelligence? 1: not normal, and 2: genius.

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's changing. Argentina, Brazil, Florida, Canada allows 3 parents to be named on a birth certificate.
Had to request a new copy of my BC from NYC for Social Security. It said, "Parent/Mother, Parent/Father". I believe the new marriage licenses are similar, "Spouse, Spouse".

Fine with me. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I am curious, anytime a commercial or story or news article shows some kind of traditional marriage or couple. .do you freak out. Like "holy damn, throwing those straight people right in our face"
I was wondering the same exact thing.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
As I understand it, they're advocating for equal protection under the law.
Bullcrap

Old 06-02-2015, 11:12 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Heterosexuals, please tell us why you *need* to be married? What's in it for you? Why do you feel you can't simply live together? This is all about trying to get money and that's all. We know it, you know it.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:17 AM

Deflect much? Answer my questions. Don't be like a 12 year old child and parrot back what I asked. Jesus but you people are obtuse.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:18 AM

991 posts, read 1,110,243 times
Quote:
Deflect much? Answer my questions. Don't be like a 12 year old child and parrot back what I asked. Jesus but you people are obtuse.
The answer is simple...people should be free to do what they want without regard to what the norms are (or have been in the past). As long as they aren't hurting someone else, live and let live. You never answered mine. What's so great about normal - other than the fact that it is the most statistically prevalent in a distribution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies