Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 03:32 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,738,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We don't have a choice to opt out of FICA.
I would have done that years ago.

So you're barking up the wrong tree here with your outrage directed at posters.
Then you should support ending Medicare. What's the problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 03:32 PM

89,103 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Good. You take that up with whoever will do the numbers. In the meantime, we end Medicare. I don't owe you a penny. Cry to someone else.
You absolutely owe me for what I've paid in for decades. Where do you think Fed Gov will get the payoff funding?

Old 06-07-2015, 03:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Quote:
Then you should support ending Medicare. What's the problem?
Who in Congress is pushing ending medicare ?
Unless they give me back all my FICA money then no I can't support it.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:36 PM

15,651 posts, read 10,415,992 times
Quote:
Exactly. We work, pay health coverage for our family and do not participate in Obamacare. I see so many seniors attacking Obamacare while blissfully ignoring that I, and my surrounding generations, are paying a fortune for senior's health coverage. Coverage they in no way paid for. So yes, as a matter of survival, we will push back and Medicare is the biggest offender by a thousand miles.

We need for pay for the coverage of our own families.
What a terrible price older Americans, who dutifully handed over their medicare payments each paycheck for their entire working lives, will pay for falling for the seductive promise of a benign government providing medical care for them all in their old age.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:38 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,870,659 times
"Iff'n I had a son, I would name him Deductible.......because like me, he'd probably be high most of the time."

-- Barack Obama

It's amazing how many people are really bad with math. My neighbor and I were discussing Obamacare last year. He felt pretty confident that he was "saving" money because his 2014 Obamacare premium had actually gone down from the previous year (non-Obamacare plan).

So I asked him, "How about your deductibles and co-pays -- did they go down as well?"

Turns out they had increased fairly drastically, but because he only could focus on what was right in front of his face (his monthly premium), he totally got played for a fool and is now in a situation where his total health care costs are very likely going to rise. His exposure increased dramatically, but the only thing he was focused on was his monthly premium.

Sad, honestly, that he could not do the math himself.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You absolutely owe me for what I've paid in for decades. Where do you think Fed Gov will get the payoff funding?
I pay too and probably more than you. Get over yourself. Be happy at the prospect of not paying anymore.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:42 PM

89,103 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
I pay too and probably more than you.
I sincerely doubt it. Your posts imply that you know too little to get to the upper earning levels.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
What a terrible price older Americans, who dutifully handed over their medicare payments each paycheck for their entire working lives, will pay for falling for the seductive promise of a benign government providing medical care for them all in their old age.
They are living longer than every and getting three to four times the benefits they paid in. They do not support health coverage for those younger, they want it all for themselves. They have no problem with those younger and working paying for health coverage for themselves and their families, plus paying for Medicare plus paying for these elderly that didn't pay enough in.

Did you see those Tea Party protesters? Mostly older. They believe in market based solutions and that needs to start with themselves.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I sincerely doubt it. Your posts imply that you know too little to get to the upper earning levels.
Doubt away. For someone that supposedly makes so much money and pays so much in, you act like Medicare is your last hope. I'm fine with ending Medicare and you should be too.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Who in Congress is pushing ending medicare ?
Unless they give me back all my FICA money then no I can't support it.
They can take a look at what you contributed, deduct what you have cost, add a little interest and inflation and give you a voucher for that. Then you can go pay market rates like the rest of us. Or not since you're in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies