Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 10:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,327,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That would be nice if our government (Republicans and Democrats) would cut military spending and quit with the endless wars. I'd be all for it but we all know that they won't so we're going to have to pay for Universal Healthcare with more of our taxes. How much more is what I'd like to know.
I don't disagree and I don't understand why those who want UHC are so quiet where it comes to the trillions wasted overseas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 10:52 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,913,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
If they rule against it (they won't), how are the republicans, who tried to stop this fiasco passed in the dead of night, responsible. No, the mess is all yours, dems, all yours.

They may actually sit down to read it and find out what is in it. That is the only way they can sort through it all.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:55 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,106,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's false so there really is no need to continue with this discussion.
People lost their plans for a variety of reasons, one of which is their plans didn't conform to basic standards set by the ACA. That's an inconvenient truth for the right. But before the ACA insurance companies changed and/or discontinued plans all the time without even having to give a reason. It was not uncommon to see big changes to plans from one year to the next. And if you were trying to buy insurance as an individual you know this was expected, along with big rate hikes, every year.

But suddenly, this common practice of the industry routinely changng/dropping plans is horrific, when no one batted an eye about it before.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
People lost their plans for a variety of reasons, one of which is their plans didn't conform to basic standards set by the ACA.
Now that would be correct and I don't know why you didn't say that to start with. Now many people simply do not need all that Obamacare required.

Quote:
That's an inconvenient truth for the right.
For the right? It seems that since you couldn't be honest about it, it was an inconvenient truth for you. BTW I support UHC.

Quote:
But before the ACA insurance companies changed and/or discontinued plans all the time without even having to give a reason. It was not uncommon to see big changes to plans from one year to the next. And if you were trying to buy insurance as an individual you know this was expected, along with big rate hikes, every year.
Big rate hikes haven't stopped.

Health Insurance Costs 2016: Rates Could Rise With Some Insurers Requesting Double-Digit Increases In Premiums

Quote:
But suddenly, this common practice of the industry routinely changng/dropping plans is horrific, when no one batted an eye about it before.
I didn't realize anyone was arguing that point. Who did?

Old 06-10-2015, 11:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,225,377 times
Quote:
Actually that didnt happen at all. While the last years increase in cost slowed, this is because healthcare costs rise in line with the economy, but on a 6 year delay. cost increases are expected to return to previous levels within the next couple years, thats why the ACA subsidies are expected to skyrocket 50% over the next decade.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:17 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,397,137 times
Quote:
Even though I benefit from the ACA I almost want to see this happen. The comedic value of watching the GOP get exactly what claim they want and then have no idea what to do with it would be priceless.
You realize that there is going to be an easy fix to this for the GOP: pass a temporary extension of federal subsidies until sometime in 2017. The GOP could take the opportunity throw in some other riders that might otherwise be vetoed by the president.

It wouldn't surprise me if Boehner & McConnell have their spies who have already informed them of what is in the decision, and know exactly what they are going to do after the decision is made public.

You might want to stockpile some drugs for the day after the release of the decision, because your anticipated orgy of schadenfreude is not likely to materialize. It is interesting to see what really motivates a moonbat, however. It's not about getting good policy or what's good for the country. It's about trying to make the other side look silly. Classic elementary-school playground stuff....

Old 06-10-2015, 12:57 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,532,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If the supremes trash the ACA, it'll go worse for the Pubs than for the Dems. Accordingly, this GOP majority court will not overturn it.
Just keep repeating that flawed Democrat talking point. Wouldn't want the shock of anything else.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:12 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,034,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I'm not sure what the insurance companies will do if over half of their participants drop out over night. I don't see how they can handle it.
Cry us a river

The Insurance Companies wrote the law. Congress just passed what they wrote, without reading it.
The ironic thing is, private insurance companies have no business being this intertwined with government
programs. Maybe the SC will help bring them down....though I doubt it.

Get private insurance companies out of the health care delivery system for good!
Let them go back to what they are good at - denying claims after hurricanes

Old 06-10-2015, 01:16 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,779,255 times
I hope the court ****s up the whole thing and forces Hillary's hand on single payer.

MEDICARE FOR EVERYBODY!

Old 06-10-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I hope the court ****s up the whole thing and forces Hillary's hand on single payer.

MEDICARE FOR EVERYBODY!
The problem is there is no way Hillary will be trusted or allowed to do anything concerning health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies