Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 03:11 PM

35,083 posts, read 31,331,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
How do you feel about spending time with the conservatives that rant about the country being in a steep decline, live in a constant state of fear, spout screeds about the changing culture and demographics and scream about taking their country back?

I find the idealogues on both sides to be tiresome and annoying. I avoid anybody that feels the need to discuss politics on a regular basis, especially the jerks that think loud, boisterous rants in public are appropriate at any time, like the dbag retired geezers that you can find at just about any donut shop or diner talking way too loud about how much better the good old days used to be.
We are in a state of decline.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:14 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
In my personal life, I try to surround myself with positive people who believe that America is a good country and reinforce the American dream. I don't like surrounding myself with debbie downer liberals who think the rich are evil, the country needs to be transformed, etc.

Do you find associating yourself with liberals upsetting?
Unfortunately, a few of my wife's family are liberals. I try not to talk politics around them because it can get heated. Some of the statements that they make I can only roll my eyes in disbelief.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:16 PM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Being one of the cool kids I sometimes pretend to be liberal so I can keep the annoying little geeky conservatives from trying to hang around me and ruin my mojo.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:21 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
There are several liberal posters here I truly respect.

Personally, I don't like overly aggressive people. It has a lot to do with ego and personality, has nothing to do with political views in my opinion.

I have several liberal friends I like in real life. We don't talk about politics unless we have to. We can agree to disagree. Nothing personal.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:23 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
I used to find liberals amusing but after observing how much damage they've done with absolutely no concern about the results of their ideologically driven actions I have grown less tolerant. I tend to avoid them unless it is absolutely necessary. I cannot have a serious discussion with someone that lives in an alternate universe.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:26 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Let's say I have deleted several from my Facebook friends list. I don't come onto Facebook to read that garbage.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:53 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I avoid those who wear their politics like a giant foam finger.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:05 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times
Quote:
In my personal life, I try to surround myself with positive people who believe that America is a good country and reinforce the American dream.
How can America be a good country when everything we buy is made in Asia?
How can we be a good country when our CEO's are moving our best jobs to Asia?

What about our US dollar loosing value, our debt non-stop growing, and our deficits projected to get much larger in the future?

What about money taking over our federal government so much that someone needs $900 million dollars in campaign funds to run for president?

What about American college graduates not being able to find jobs?

And most of the above problems are going to get worse. Do you honestly think America is a GOOD, and SAFE, and STABLE country for your children to grow up in?

And before you say I hate America realize when you love a country you care about it. You care when it looses power, care when it looses jobs, care when its currency looses value, and you get upset when it happens.

Quote:
I don't like surrounding myself with debbie downer liberals who think the rich are evil, the country needs to be transformed, etc.
Liberals love Warren Buffet and we love Bill Gates (they are billionaires.)

The only problem liberals have with the rich is that CEO's are not paying their fair share of taxes. Today single Americans making $100,000 a year pay 20%+ federal tax rates, while CEO billionaires pay 11% federal tax rates.

Warren Buffett's Effective Federal Income Tax Rate Was Just 11%

Last edited by chad3; 07-28-2015 at 04:50 PM..

Old 07-28-2015, 04:05 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,243,839 times
Quote:
In my personal life, I try to surround myself with positive people who believe that America is a good country and reinforce the American dream. I don't like surrounding myself with debbie downer liberals who think the rich are evil, the country needs to be transformed, etc.

Do you find associating yourself with liberals upsetting?

I have a lot of friends. Most of whom are either conservative or liberal, some are libertarian, and some I have no idea what their political views are. I don't think that anyone I know thinks that America is not a great country, but some propose more radical changes than others, and some think that there are bigger problems than others.

Positivity is not a prerequisite to either party. I have met very smart people on both sides, and both conservatives and liberals whom I genuinely wonder if they should be put to death so not to infect the gene pool

Old 07-28-2015, 04:06 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,640 times
For every Al Sharpton there's a Rush Limbaugh to match.[/quote]

One thing though.......Conservatives (like Rush) pay their Federal Income taxes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies