Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:45 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Like I posted earlier, there are a lot of liberal posters here I truly respect. I might not agree with them, I have to say that they seem like wonderful, educated, good people.

You can always agree to disagree. No need to demonize all of them.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:02 AM

884 posts, read 716,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I talked about control over my body, YOU jumped to abortion, though I didn't even mention it.

No, I have never been in the room while a late term abortion was taking place. Is that what you're asking? Have you? I'm not a doctor, nurse, or med student. Are you? Where do you go to get to watch all these abortions?

Regardless, again, YOU jumped to late term abortion when my post didn't even mention abortion. That's the kind of conservative mindset we're talking about. Making something out of nothing. Go back and read it.

YES I know exactly what happens in all stages of abortion. I have seen pictures and videos. I went to Catholic school and we were taught and shown very young exactly what happens.

Moving on.
OK, good idea, I moved too

Old 07-30-2015, 11:58 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
I don't refuse to associate with people who hold certain political beliefs. I don't care if we disagree, so long as we can do so. I tend to avoid people who have undesirable traits. Some of them are my personal quirks, like people who chew loudly or overuse the same word. Other are more universal, like their arrogant or only ever complain or talk about themselves.

An example of a political reason I wouldn't talk to someone is if they were to make sweeping statements about the kinds of people they avoid...

Old 07-30-2015, 01:09 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
As iron sharpens iron, so does one man sharpen another.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:15 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
In my personal life, I try to surround myself with positive people who believe that America is a good country and reinforce the American dream. I don't like surrounding myself with debbie downer liberals who think the rich are evil, the country needs to be transformed, etc.

Do you find associating yourself with liberals upsetting?
As my wife can attest by my head-exploding rants at the TV from time to time, I despise liberal ideology to my very core. The media makes it even worse. In the most recent bouts of liberal intellectual dishonesty surrounding the confederate flag, Sandra Bland, planned parenthood, etc., I have completely unplugged. If not, i'll come unhinged. Despicable people following a despicable ideology. I can't handle the fact that so many American's are so fundamentally disingenuous. And they're all friggin liberals.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:26 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
OK, good idea, I moved too
Oh, so you spew all your misplaced vitriol at me about something I never even mentioned, and now you don't want to own up to your mistake or admit that you went off for no reason? Ok, good riddance!

Old 07-30-2015, 03:28 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
As my wife can attest by my head-exploding rants at the TV from time to time, I despise liberal ideology to my very core. The media makes it even worse. In the most recent bouts of liberal intellectual dishonesty surrounding the confederate flag, Sandra Bland, planned parenthood, etc., I have completely unplugged. If not, i'll come unhinged. Despicable people following a despicable ideology. I can't handle the fact that so many American's are so fundamentally disingenuous. And they're all friggin liberals.
I could say literally everything you just said and replace the word "liberal" with "conservative." It goes both ways.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:40 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Better get that Y2K bunker in the back yard cleaned out and stocked up with peanut butter and bottled water.

You may one day wish you had a jar of peanut butter.. It could be that famine hits everywhere if the atomic weapons drop here .

Old 07-31-2015, 07:20 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You may one day wish you had a jar of peanut butter.. It could be that famine hits everywhere if the atomic weapons drop here .

Hell, if there is an all out nuclear war, who the hell cares about a jar of peanut butter? I wouldn't want to survive that! Civil unrest, or total breakdown of society? Yeah I can and will tough that one out! A nuclear war, or an asteroid hit? Nope. Don't want to be around for the aftermath.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:29 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I could say literally everything you just said and replace the word "liberal" with "conservative." It goes both ways.
Most people are able to recognize that they have a problem with completely close minded ideologies. But it takes a special kind of person to only think the ideology opposite of them is close minded, while there's is without flaws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies