Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 11:02 AM

62,980 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
To answer your first question--yes. I've lived most of my life 3 hours from the Mexican border in a predominantly Hispanic community with a high poverty rate. I've gone to school with, worked with, been friends with and hired minorities, immigrants and poor people.

Since your fake quote is on the same page as my real quote, people are free to read both and come to their own conclusions about what I said.
"Immigrants"? Would you like to clarify that?

Old 07-29-2015, 11:19 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
There's a lot of irony in this statement.
You can consider this person the poster child for the original point in this thread.
Interesting you didn't try to disprove it. I rest my case.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:26 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
To answer your first question--yes. I've lived most of my life 3 hours from the Mexican border in a predominantly Hispanic community with a high poverty rate. I've gone to school with, worked with, been friends with and hired minorities, immigrants and poor people.

Since your fake quote is on the same page as my real quote, people are free to read both and come to their own conclusions about what I said.
You haven't provided any proof of anyone hating poor people, or immigrants, and minorities.
But anyway, I'm the same as you. I'll debate with anyone. But of course, anyone who disagrees with me hates minorities and poor people. And if they parrot things that they heard on NPR or read about in the Huffington Post, I ain't gonna bother listening to that mess. And if they can't eventually admit that I'm right, I'm not going to bother with them. And I'll debate the merits of the George W. Bush presidency anytime. As long as the person I'm debating with will admit that Bush is a good man who did good things for the country. If they won't admit that, I'm not going to waste my time on them. Because I'm open-minded and enjoy a political debate, you see.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:29 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Interesting you didn't try to disprove it. I rest my case.
Heheh, okay. "I hate people who have different opinions than mine!!!! Especially since they hate people who aren't just like them!!!"
Deliver something besides and angry, hate-filled, irony-drenched rant and maybe I'll disprove it.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:35 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
In my personal life, I try to surround myself with positive people who believe that America is a good country and reinforce the American dream. I don't like surrounding myself with debbie downer liberals who think the rich are evil, the country needs to be transformed, etc.

Do you find associating yourself with liberals upsetting?
No.

I suggest you go live in a cave and stay there.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:37 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
In my personal life, I try to surround myself with positive people who believe that America is a good country and reinforce the American dream. I don't like surrounding myself with debbie downer liberals who think the rich are evil, the country needs to be transformed, etc.

And yet, here you are complaining about other people. Doesn't sound like you or "your people" are as positive as you think you are.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:13 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,450,481 times
Quote:
I try not to spend any more time around liberals than I absolutely have to!
Thank you.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:33 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Immigrants"? Would you like to clarify that?
People who move here from another country.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:35 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You haven't provided any proof of anyone hating poor people, or immigrants, and minorities.
But anyway, I'm the same as you. I'll debate with anyone. But of course, anyone who disagrees with me hates minorities and poor people. And if they parrot things that they heard on NPR or read about in the Huffington Post, I ain't gonna bother listening to that mess. And if they can't eventually admit that I'm right, I'm not going to bother with them. And I'll debate the merits of the George W. Bush presidency anytime. As long as the person I'm debating with will admit that Bush is a good man who did good things for the country. If they won't admit that, I'm not going to waste my time on them. Because I'm open-minded and enjoy a political debate, you see.
Ahhh Lou. Do you have to work hard to prove my point, or does it come easy to you?

Old 07-29-2015, 12:53 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,354,246 times
Quote:

I stopped discussing politics 'in real life' with people because it was so divisive. Sometimes people will make a comment which lets you know where they stand on the political spectrum and I just ignore it if it is right-wing. Even if I agree with it I usually don't say anything anymore either.

If it ever gets to the point as in Nazi Germany where gangs of 'brownshirts' are going down the street beating up people who don't give the proper salute, that's a different kettle of fish. I can't imagine that it would happen here, although the way police have been behaving lately I am starting to wonder. And I have met rednecks who definitely would fit into an SS uniform.

That's what Krav Maga and Colts are for though. Redneck repellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies