Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 03:48 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What links are you reading, please provide them....

WOW...

Some early reports had a couple neighbors saying that the fatality was shot on the porch and he was only trying to sell his phone.

But, and I think this is critical, his body was inside the house, according to the police spokesman well inside, and the evidence inside the house indicated he had been shot inside the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 03:48 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
They should be locked up on child endangerment charges!

Gun nuts
That story has a happy ending. Do you realize how much money that 11 year saved the tax payer?

I owned a shotgun when I was 10. I kept it in my closet. Should my parents be arrested?

YOU are the nut.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:58 PM

57,318 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Nope, but you are ready to cede to the intruder...that is completely obvious...you would rather the intruder get what they want, no matter what happens to the children...

This child made a decision, why do you disagree with that decision?

Why do you side with the intruder?

I answered your 9, 5 question earlier....are you not able to comprehend?
No you did not answer the question ....memory problem

Here let me help you:

so how young is too young, elementary school, kindergarten?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Goodnight

So at what age would this not be acceptable, 10, 8, 7 pre-teens make some
rally bad decisions.
[quote=chucksnee}
Adults with children have shot their children coming into their house at night through a window, 65, 59, 55 year olds HAVE made bad decisions...
[quote]

Old 09-11-2015, 08:04 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No you did not answer the question ....memory problem

Here let me help you:

so how young is too young, elementary school, kindergarten?
So, since someone has the inability to quote, I did answer your you question, your inability to comprehend my answer has nothing to do with me.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:32 PM

57,318 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
So, since someone has the inability to quote, I did answer your you question, your inability to comprehend my answer has nothing to do with me.

The question was how young and your answer was older people have problems, makes sense.

So if I asked you if it's raining your response might be the sun will be up in the morning, still an answer I guess.

I am beginning to understand now, the answer may not even be remotely connected to the question. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:44 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
Just as a point of info, the majority of home break-ins occur in broad daylight.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:36 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
The question was how young and your answer was older people have problems, makes sense.

So if I asked you if it's raining your response might be the sun will be up in the morning, still an answer I guess.

I am beginning to understand now, the answer may not even be remotely connected to the question. Thanks for clarifying.
OBVIOUSLY your ability to comprehend is not that good. My point was, this 11 year old made a decision that was right, right?

50 - 60 - 70 year old's have made worse choices than this 11 year old...point being, there is no answer, I cannot believe that you could not figure that out.

If a 5 year old did the same thing, would you be pissed, in this same situation? Or would you rahter have the 5 year old dead? I think you, just in this same situation would rather have the 11 year old dead along with the other child...

Or would you be mad that the 5 year old saved the life of both people?

Your clarification has been and was very clear, the problem is your inability to comprehend...

Sorry...

Old 09-15-2015, 12:13 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
Back in the 50's, 60's the world was a very different place, today very violent. There many things we did growing up that today you wouldn't think of doing, I am sure there are some that still live that way but certainly not in most cities or suburbs.
I agree, but I grew up in the 90's......

Like I said, my example isn't the way every parent should do things. You've got to know your kids, your own situation, and make an informed decision. What works for one family might not work for another, and visa versa.

And naturally, when anything is ever left up to individual discretion, there's always going to be the chance for error, but.....

Old 09-15-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
More guns we need more guns. Why the NRA should push through Congress a new bill mandating a gun permit with every child along with a SS#.

Keep on adding more guns and lets watch what happens.
We already have a law like that, it's called the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Birthright of an American

Old 09-15-2015, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
911 works for most.

"Heaven forbid" he accidentally shoot her.
What's the average police response time nationwide?

If it's much more than 10 or 15 seconds, 911 isn't going to help when the intruder is already halfway through the door.

Even at 3 minutes, that's an eternity in that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies