Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 07:54 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry, but someone not killing a rabbit does not make them a sissy. Many love animals and nature and find solitude in that. Why do you feel like a big man killing a rabbit.
Because it went on the dinner table, only reason to hunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 09:57 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
They should be locked up on child endangerment charges!

Gun nuts
Your site doesn't wok for me.

FIRST, YOU have to explain, what in YOUR mind is a "gun nut"?

Old 09-05-2015, 10:31 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
I think that those that refer to any one "liking" guns having them or not is a gun nut.
A great many video games are the interaction of some shooting device the extension of one's self projecting power on some thing or some one.
Before there were guns there were knives and swords and clubs , men have always been violent toward one another and one side is going to take advantage of the weaker .
Refugees from oppressed countries have all their defenses removed .
How would you like to be a refugee ? because that's what your headed for. like it or not.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:39 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
We are constantly being bombarded by a fanciful story of heroic self defense by gun apologists. The truth is a child is more likely to play cops and robbers or cowboys and indians with a real loaded gun. Resulting in a tragic incident of a child killing a playmate and this happens roughly 390 times each year in America. 390 funerals were parents tear up and consider what they have lost. Children even teenagers often think a loaded gun is the answer to punishing someone he is mad at like Mommy or Daddy, older or younger siblings or people at school from a playground bully to that teacher that gave him an unsatisfactory evaluation. Again the death toll is that several hundred Americans meet there maker at the hands of a young person. None oft these kids are mentally deficient or young psychos in training just average American kids. So this should be weighed in the balance when compared to statistically infrequent events.
And how many more deaths are attributed to thugs who gain illegal guns and no one tries to control them?

Removing the right to defend ones self attributes to the rising death toll. Look at the shooting stats in Chicago or Baltimore and see how your whiny accusations stack up against reality.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:52 AM

Before the "politically correct" crowd started taking over, children were taught to use guns safely and to respect that they needed to be used safely. Now, many people won't even let a child have a pocket knife. Everyone that I knew as a child, boys and girls both, hunted and ate what they killed. Those that grow up without knowledge and respect of guns, are the ones that you should fear.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
When I was 11 I had access to many of my father guns and ammo for them. I am here but perhaps this is more a comment on today young. When young they were locked away tho; but by 11 I had two guns of my own.
When we were growing up dad had several guns. We knew not to touch or we would not be able to sit down for a week. I had two of the brattiest little brothers and even they knew dads guns were off limits. It is the times alright. Kids need to be taught what to and not to touch and why!!!! When we were growing up we never heard about all these accidental shootings or kids commiting crimes. Sure it happened, and we didin't have 24/7, but with or without constant news the problems have grown.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:10 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
All of this bumph about what age being appropriate for firearms training is ignoring historical relevance to a great degree.

I was able to walk up the main street of my home town of 7,000 pop. in Canada with my Marlin 89c under my arm with a string of ground hogs hanging down my back.

Try that today in a lot of the world and you'd be posting bail for me.

We are going to find out the truth of this situation over time and it's likely not going to support the narrative of this kid defending his sister and himself from a home invasion but more than likely this is just another case of a young person having the knowledge of how to use the weapon but not the mature restraint to control his temper.

Witnesses reporting are not agreeing with his narrative. A shame, regardless.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:23 PM

I imagine we will discover, that 16 year old was on his way to church and had to go through that house to get there.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:18 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I imagine we will discover, that 16 year old was on his way to church and had to go through that house to get there.
The claim will come that he broke into the house because of racism, even though the people living there were black.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:35 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,530,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How was my post irrelevant. And I wonder how humans taste. Would you be willing to be hunted. lol
All of your posts are irrelevant. The classic example of liberalism being a mental disorder. Both nuts and condescending, what a combination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies