Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 06:13 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times

Advertisements

^^^ And you ARE aware that back then you could not make a cell call from any altitude above a few thousand feet right?

So How Were Those 911 Cell Calls Made?

Point PC-4: Cell Phone Calls from the Planes: The Second Official Account | Consensus 911

Old 09-16-2015, 08:46 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have several coworkers who saw the first plane coming while seated at their desks that morning on the north side of the building and lived to tell the tale. I had no idea a plane had hit us, since I was in an interior corridor--I just knew immediately that they were back, and that this was much, much worse than 1993. And for a few minutes--the only time in my life I've felt this way--thought these might be the last minutes of my life.

I looked for the book--it can be downloaded, and as I belong to the WTC survivors organization, I might be able to find someone who has a hard copy. It's interesting, because I see she focuses a lot on the health issues of 9/11. As a matter of fact, the WTC Health Registry, which does regular surveys and is tracking is healthwise, both physically and psychologically, called me yesterday to remind me to submit my info. I'd better get to it!
I'd get a hard copy. You'd go blind trying to read all those pages on a computer screen and it would cost you a mint in printer ink to print it out even if you could.

If you're interested in what she's done on health, she did write another book in the 90s called "Betrayal of Trust: The Collapse of Global Public Health". That one will really open your eyes on the health situation here in the US and in other countries. And of course "The Coming Plague" is a classic when it comes to infectious disease. Be warned, those are both 600+ page books. She gave a free lecture at UC Santa Cruz back in the 90s and I was able to go hear her talk. People were crammed into that auditorium. We were like sardines in there, but she gave a great talk.

I imagine you have a special perspective about 9/11 then. And I have to admire you - I'm not sure I could have gone through that and then be able to post anything about it even years later.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:34 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^ And you ARE aware that back then you could not make a cell call from any altitude above a few thousand feet right?

So How Were Those 911 Cell Calls Made?

Point PC-4: Cell Phone Calls from the Planes: The Second Official Account | Consensus 911
Pro tip: don't cite Rense if you want to be taken seriously.

How In-Flight Mobile Phone Services Work - HowStuffWorks

The extraordinary last calls of Flight UA93 - Telegraph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Tr0u35Tek

How phones work in flight - CNN.com

Old 09-16-2015, 09:55 PM

378 posts, read 245,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danderson400 View Post
i was at home and sick watching a rerun of "On Scene: Emergency Response" on Discovery People which was about a Coast Guard rescue in the icy Bering Sea; the helicopter rescue of a mother and son trapped in a freeway accident near San Bernadino (Cal.); and efforts to save an abandoned baby in Wichita when my cell phone rang and it was my teacher she said "Do you have the TV on?" i said yes i then looked at the other TV and saw that the first tower was in smoke a few minutes later the second one was hit and then all hell broke loose then the Pentagon was hit next i knew right away this was really bad then of course the the crash in Shanksville then both towers collapsed you knew when that happened that there were going to be many deaths i think every channel preempted programming expect a few Discovery People was one Game Show Network was one and so was some of the Christan channels too i remember on Friday when they had the service at the Washington Cathedral hearing Billy Graham speak you knew it was a big deal when he spoke as well as the president i remember at the end the organ started playing the "Battle Hymn Of The Republic"
another thing it was later on my teacher called around 12:15 and said that the school was being dismissed because of "a national tragedy" the school was closed for the rest of the week it was so sad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies