Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 06:44 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Actually up until last year every tall building in Los Angeles had a helipad.

The argument is made in the NIST report on 9/11 that it would have been difficult to manuever helicopters under those conditions. But more telling is the view that even if they could have there were too many people to be evacuated in the time that was available.

The LA argument is more of the sort that there are better techniques (and that it leads to ugly architecture - a more potent argument in LA). Though the WTC would tend to be a proof they don't really work either. dThey also point out there has only been one successful rescue from a building fire in LA...though the fire chief at the time remarked they could have saved hundreds if it had been needed.

So perhaps you might take your own advice and cease writing about things where your knowledge does not get to that of a "twelve year old".
Again, if YOU would do your research, you would know that Los Angeles no longer requires tall buildings to have helipads because they found out they were quite useless. Research showed other things worked better.

Please learn how to google. You are making yourself look ridiculous with claims that keep getting refuted over and over.

Helipads don't work on tall buildings. Even if the World Trade Towers had had them, no helicopters could have gotten close enough.

If it were an issue, the Freedom Tower would have an a helipad.

Old 09-12-2015, 06:51 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,429,421 times
We have invaded 2 countries as the result of that !

Old 09-12-2015, 06:53 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Again, if YOU would do your research, you would know that Los Angeles no longer requires tall buildings to have helipads because they found out they were quite useless. Research showed other things worked better.

Please learn how to google. You are making yourself look ridiculous with claims that keep getting refuted over and over.

Helipads don't work on tall buildings. Even if the World Trade Towers had had them, no helicopters could have gotten close enough.

If it were an issue, the Freedom Tower would have an a helipad.
And your writings continue to show how badly you read. Repeating what I said -

Quote:
Actually up until last year every tall building in Los Angeles had a helipad.
Adds no strength to your argument. Maybe you can find an eleven year old?

It is pretty likely that a skilled helicopter pilot could have landed on either WTC building if there had been a clear area. It is also pretty clear there was no way they could have gotten everyone off before it collapsed.

So one would think the big indictment is of the building design and the codes that allowed it.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:45 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
And your writings continue to show how badly you read. Repeating what I said -

Adds no strength to your argument. Maybe you can find an eleven year old?

It is pretty likely that a skilled helicopter pilot could have landed on either WTC building if there had been a clear area. It is also pretty clear there was no way they could have gotten everyone off before it collapsed.

So one would think the big indictment is of the building design and the codes that allowed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

Where is the plane and occupants? You friend saw the E-4B that was flying around before and afterwards. One was in NYC as well and can be seen in videos of that day in both cities.

New Details About The 9/11 Mystery Plane | 911Blogger.com

If you don't like this site there are several more; Google the fact.

New Details About The 9/11 Mystery Plane
And for what reason was this whole event staged? I forget.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:46 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
I was painting my house. The day before I hadn't got anywhere since I sat and watched several movies, so I didn't turn the tv on. I got on the computer, and checked which label orders I had to forward to the company we used to print and deliver. But I wanted to paint so I decided to do it later. (we had a small home/internet based business)

So I was finished painting, and it was about three. The phone rang. It was a quick message that the meeting I was supposed to go to (in a government office building) was cancelled due to 'events'. I said okay.

But I was curious now. I called a relative. I said it was wierd the meeting was cancelled. And she said, you don't know? Turn on your tv.

I did. There were the two towers. The one crumpled and fell. There was a huge cloud of dust. Then the other, and dust obscured everything.

I'd hung up the phone. I just kept staring at it. They showed it again. It wasn't real. It looked like a special effect, like one from War of the Worlds when the martians flatten buildings and everything looks dark and smoky.

I just sat and watched and was in shock. For HOURS, so many hours, life as we knew it was changed. And I hadn't even known. The pictures were so sureal. They spoke of the crash in Shanksville too, and all the scattered, random bits of known news. But it was some disbelieving nightmare, couldn't be real.

They talked about the zip codes most effected. I was looking over the label orders. There was one right in the middle of them, and had been sent just before. I didn't know if I should send it, but I did.

Next days, I just got up, did a bit on the computer, and watched the tv. My sil's ex boss had been on the plane which hit the first tower. I kept painting. It was normal and predictable and soothing to see the paint roll on the walls so easily and made me feel peaceful.

I thought of earlier, sitting and watching the bombing in Oklahoma, watching as the children were carried out. Same feeling, same shock. Same sense it couldn't be real. Except I had tears running down my face then, but now it felt like a bad dream. I couldn't feel. I couldn't let myself. But a day or so later, woke up sobbing. And was hypnotically drawn to just watch...

I remember thinking that maybe those my age understood a little more when mom and dad talked about things like Pearl Harbor and their moments to realize that life isn't about what you wish, but what comes around. And how iroinic it was that just like I didn't know for some hours, Mom and dad had made it a sunday drive on the day Pearl harbor was bombed. They got back to their quarters after dark and found a note on the door that he was to report for duty. He was told my the small station commander and he told Mom.

The Oklahoma memorial for the bombing victums had a co reading of names of victums in both that and 9 11 today. Doesn't matter why, the dead are still gone.

Last edited by nightbird47; 09-12-2015 at 09:28 PM..

Old 09-12-2015, 08:51 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
The days after -- clear blue sky with no airplanes … none at all …

Eerie ...
We had a train track behind the house. They ran full freight trains multiple times a day. Lots of noise and the house shook. But for some three days, not a single train.

Last edited by nightbird47; 09-12-2015 at 09:29 PM..

Old 09-12-2015, 10:47 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
People from 90 countries died at the WTC. Did you miss that part?
The terrorist thug murder-attackers attacked not only The United States of America, but civilization in general ...

Old 09-12-2015, 10:47 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47
I was painting my house.
I was sleeping and my mum came home and was crying.... She said to turn on the TV and I saw it.......

Old 09-13-2015, 12:26 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
Thank God 9-11 did not come with an anniversary attack this year here in North America or overseas.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:13 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,510,858 times
When Mr. Daynet called me into the small bedroom in our former apartment to watch the news on September 11, 2001, I could not believe what I was seeing. I'd never seen anything like that attack on the Twin Towers, and have never seen anything as horrific since.

I hope I never see anything like it again; I hope that none of us here do.

I actually had tears coming out of my eyes, and I don't regard myself as being a cryer.

Dreadful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies