Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 09:53 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,898,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
I went to my parish office very briefly and as I got out of my car, I was thinking, "This is my generation's Pearl Harbor …"

That was what was needed to build the military-industrial complex we live with now. The group known as PNAC all but predicted it and were ready to go forth.

The Project for the New American Century

I don't believe the 911 Commission Report, Warren Commission Report nor do I believe the official SHES report.
What! You don't believe the federal government?
Hell no...I am a free thinking individual and have a right to doubt or question our federal government.

You know what the media told/showed you and that is it.
I went by the Pentagon the day after, 9/12. No 757 hit that building. Have you ever seen the size of one of those things?
The Earth swallowed a 757 in PA? Really? Two planes disappeared into thin air that day. People died, sure but, how else were they to push a war against Iraq unless the American people wove **** and cried for the heads of "terrorists" who existed somewhere? Those who supposedly crashed the planes were already dead. We now have more terrorists than Americans. TSA, Patriot Act, DHS and NDAA have made it so we have can't move around the country as we once did. Who remembers not taking your shoes, belt and jacket off to put on a conveyor belt along with your watch and everything in your pockets so a TSA agent could X-ray it? Passenger x-ray machines, metal detectors, and other things are relatively new as far as how they were implemented after that date. It's damned near impossible to carry a pocket knife today. At one time you could drive onto a military base without the hassle of an hour long search for nothing. You could take anything into a baseball or football stadium because fans aren't terrorists. We are now limited to see through plastic bags. We are being controlled. Most of us are desensitized to it. I am not. It makes me angry to have my freedom and liberties taken from me. Young people today know no other way of life.
It all happened the way it did because "they" told us it did. The world is as it is today because "they" say it is.

What really happened at BENGHAZI? "They" told us it was due to a reaction to a video. Really?

The Neo-cons invented terrorists and a reason for war and Americans were all behind it. Lots of people made money because of so and if we look back we can ask "Why?". Research it and think it over again. The USA has been in the Middle east for 14 years now and no resolution to anything. If Bin Laden is dead, why are we still there? Did Seal team 6 kill Bin Laden? He was a dialysis patient for years - they don't live long.
We toppled Hussein and Quadaffi...did they have anything to do with it or did we merely need a reason to flex military muscle? Why does Obama prolong the Middle east wars after promising to bring the troops home in his first term? Now he is making deals to keep nuclear arms away from Iran. As if they don't already have them?

It is easier to deceive people than to convince people they have been deceived.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:59 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
That was what was needed to build the military-industrial complex we live with now. The group known as PNAC all but predicted it and were ready to go forth.

I don't believe the 911 Commission Report, Warren Commission Report nor do I believe the official SHES report.
Hell no...I am a free thinking individual and have a right to doubt or question our federal government.

I went by the Pentagon the day after, 9/12. No 757 hit that building. Have you ever seen the size of one of those things?
The Earth swallowed a 757 in PA? Really? Two planes disappeared into thin air that day. People died, sure but, how else were they to push a war against Iraq unless the American people wove **** and cried for the heads of "terrorists" who existed somewhere? Those who supposedly crashed the planes were already dead. We now have more terrorists than Americans. TSA, Patriot Act, DHS and NDAA have made it so we have can't move around the country as we once did. Who remembers not taking your shoes, belt and jacket off to put on a conveyor belt along with your watch and everything in your pockets so a TSA agent could X-ray it? Passenger x-ray machines, metal detectors, and other things are relatively new as far as how they were implemented after that date. It's damned near impossible to carry a pocket knife today. At one time you could drive onto a military base without the hassle of an hour long search for nothing. You could take anything into a baseball or football stadium because fans aren't terrorists. We are now limited to see through plastic bags. We are being controlled. Most of us are desensitized to it. I am not. It makes me angry to have my freedom and liberties taken from me. Young people today know no other way of life.
It all happened the way it did because "they" told us it did. The world is as it is today because "they" say it is.

What really happened at BENGHAZI? "They" told us it was due to a reaction to a video. Really?

The Neo-cons invented terrorists and a reason for war and Americans were all behind it. Lots of people made money because of so and if we look back we can ask "Why?". Research it and think it over again. The USA has been in the Middle east for 14 years now and no resolution to anything. If Bin Laden is dead, why are we still there? Did Seal team 6 kill Bin Laden? He was a dialysis patient for years - they don't live long.
We toppled Hussein and Quadaffi...did they have anything to do with it or did we merely need a reason to flex military muscle? Why does Obama prolong the Middle east wars after promising to bring the troops home in his first term? Now he is making deals to keep nuclear arms away from Iran. As if they don't already have them?

Hmm. Just wanted to address that incorrect statement. My mother started dialysis last week, so I've been hanging around the renal care center at the hospital. The cleaning woman told me that her husband was on dialysis--for 34 years, from the time he was 43 until he died of a heart attack at 77. My mother's brother, who has the same kidney disease as she, was on it for ten years before he died. Other people have been on dialysis for years or decades and survived.

There does not seem to be any evidence whatsoever other than Internet conspiracy site rumors that Osama Bin Laden was ever on dialysis. I have never read a serious article about OBL that actually mentions it. The 1998 Esquire interview with Bin Laden in Afghanistan was pretty comprehensive, but never mentioned kidney disease at all.

Not arguing your point that our government does not always tell us the truth, but blindly swallowing what's on Internet websites put up by God knows who isn't much smarter.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:04 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

… and any day now … the jack-booted blue helmet thugs will arrive in black helicopters in your neighborhood not to seize all the guns, but to round up all the tinfoil, so people can no longer make hats to protect themselves from Guv'Mint mind rays ...

Old 09-11-2015, 10:16 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
I lived in Tacoma Wa at the time and I was 24 years old. I still rememeber that day, what I did, what I wore, what I ate, what we did that day, who I called. It was a terrible day
It still makes me tear up just thinking about it.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:40 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
People may eventually forget, but their heroism ranks among the greatest and noblest of deeds in recorded human history.

'We will never forget them': A tribute to the Flight 93 passengers who died on 9/11 - LA Times

Quote:
The fate of Flight 93 is American lore now, a chapter of heroism and sadness that has become one of the most potent stories of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

The flight to San Francisco took off from Newark, N.J., at 8:42 a.m. that day carrying 33 passengers, two pilots, five flight attendants -- and four hijackers.

After the hijackers took control of the jet, the passengers, using their phones to call officials and loved ones, learned about the three other hijacked jets that rammed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon that morning.

They decided to take back control of the plane, which officials suspect may have been headed for the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNJjsCwG4LU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-viMzr2nac

Old 09-11-2015, 10:42 PM

There were many true heroes that day …

The terrorists hurt us badly, but did not win ...

Old 09-11-2015, 10:43 PM

… and the corpse of Osama bin Laden is rotting in the deeps of the Indian Ocean ...

Old 09-11-2015, 10:44 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Before 9/11, Pearl Harbor was the day to remember. Now it's 9/11, until the next big disaster comes along. Thats just the way history is.
Incorrect. The entire world watched this on live tv. No comparison at all to Pearl Harbour.

I was in highschool here in Canada when this happened. Our teacher wheeled in a television for us to watch this on. We breaked for lunch and nobody was expected back to school.

Absolutely terrible day. Our hearts broke for America.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:57 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZaQ3ZXPNUU

Old 09-11-2015, 11:00 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,033,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
People in elevators died because the jet fuel was on fire and shot down the shafts and in some cases dropped the elevators full of burning victims down to the B-3 level at the bottom of the shaft. I know people who were on B-3 when those elevators hit and burst out the contents. As you can imagine, they have nightmare memories.
I didn't even realize some elevators were working after the planes hit. I imagined that everyone would have been required to walk down to safety. "Burst out the contents"? Goodness gracious. That sounds horrific just imagining it. Seeing it with your own eyes, then smelling it & realizing it was burning flesh? My goodness. Reminds me of Eduard Delacroix's death in Stephen King's "The Green Mile".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies