Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 08:37 AM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
OK... whatever you say Ideally both would decide together, but if they don't agree, it's the woman's choice.
When the "Daddy" starts carrying the fetus, THEN it is his decision. Woman do have their own brains and are perfectly capable of making their own decisions. Imagine that...
Fatal decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 08:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW1 View Post
I think that "pro life (actually anti-choice) billboard advertising should be countered by a billboard the says, "The useless creep of a boyfriend got you knocked up? Here is where you can get a cheap legal abortion.” It should also say, “We can also help you get control of your life and dump the creep. You don’t need him to be happy.”

Guys, consider that if she actually wants to have your kids, she will. If she does not, you have absolutely no right to use the law to coerce her into carrying the fetus to term. No right whatsoever. This argument has very little to do with the fetuses but a lot to do with controlling female right to their own bodies by a society dominated by insecure males that have to coerce women into having their children. The argument is about the establishment and use of coercion and power. In other words, Tyranny! Nothing else.

WHOA! Talk about hitting the nail squarely and soundly on the head !

Kinda sorts things out, doesn't it?

Old 01-29-2008, 08:53 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And how many women died by back alley abortions before they became legal and clean? You think making it illegal will stop women from having abortions? It will just cause more pain to people with “back alley” procedures.
Hardly any,even those who pushed the Roe V. Wade case admit the figures were incredibly low.

Also funny thing is,AFTER Roe V. Wade the number of women dying from abortions rose,if those in favor of abortions cared for the woman you would think this would upset them no end.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW1 View Post
I think that "pro life (actually anti-choice) billboard advertising should be countered by a billboard the says, "The useless creep of a boyfriend got you knocked up? Here is where you can get a cheap legal abortion.” It should also say, “We can also help you get control of your life and dump the creep. You don’t need him to be happy.”

Guys, consider that if she actually wants to have your kids, she will. If she does not, you have absolutely no right to use the law to coerce her into carrying the fetus to term. No right whatsoever. This argument has very little to do with the fetuses but a lot to do with controlling female right to their own bodies by a society dominated by insecure males that have to coerce women into having their children. The argument is about the establishment and use of coercion and power. In other words, Tyranny! Nothing else.
What if she WANTS to have the baby and the man doesn't, is he responsible then?

What you want is to replace the 'tyranny of the man' with that of the woman, give her ALL the power, even to the point of making a man pay for 18 years for a child he did not want.

Sadly, few seem to care about the baby,but modern day humans ARE incredibly self centered.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,443,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Hardly any,even those who pushed the Roe V. Wade case admit the figures were incredibly low.

Also funny thing is,AFTER Roe V. Wade the number of women dying from abortions rose,if those in favor of abortions cared for the woman you would think this would upset them no end.
REALLY.. and where might you get that information from? Perhaps an anti-abortion group?
Giving birth is a LOT more dangerous than having an abortion in the first TRIMESTER, yet you so strongly argue for all women giving birth for every fetus. You can't be too concerned about death rates. I have googled this and can only find information on partial birth abortions being dangerous. That is not, what we are talking about here.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Give me a break, nice spin! Am I putting up billboards, or are they? Am I trying to make something illegal or are they? I am not forcing my views on anyone. Same thing can't be said for religious nuts.

Save your concerns for your own offspring.
At this very moment you are trying to force your ideas on people on the board that don't agree with you...

Old 01-29-2008, 09:05 AM

Does a womans right to have an abortion override the right of the baby to live?

Also to those who support abortion, do you believe in any time limits,if so why are those time limits in place?

Are third trimester abortions okay?

Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,443,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
At this very moment you are trying to force your ideas on people on the board that don't agree with you...
Nope. I am voicing my opinions on this board, just as everyone else is.
I am not introducing legislation to make abortion mandatory.
Nice try.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:08 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,015,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrumMom View Post
I'm English and recently moved to the US. I'm only now learning about American politics and such. I'm a US resident, but I'm so passionate about some of the issues facing the US today (especially women's rights) that I feel like I need to become a citizen so I can vote. These questions go out to born-and-bred American women in particular: Question 1 - How do you feel about the current government's effort to erode pro-choice? Question 2 - What do you feel when you see pro-life billboards? Do you care? Does it make you angry? Do you agree? I was surprised to see one of these billboards pop up on my morning drive (Seattle metro area). It says: "God knew my soul before I was born." I have yet to see a pro-choice billboard that says "My daddy raped me - I have a right to take back my own body." Women I've talked to about this seem to be undecided or almost apathetic. I think that's dangerous. Don't you think that if Roe V Wade is overturned then the next step will be taking away birth control? Isn't it a slippery slope? Thoughts?

Interesting question..

I'm against government removing the choice of people to make their own decision. It is a very personal, private decision that government or anyone for that matter can't decide. I believe the choice is between the soul of the woman that is pregnant, the soul of that child and whatever god they choose to believe in. I know what choice I would make, but it would be the one that is best for me, and one that i would ahve to live with.

As for the signs.. they can put them up all they want cause it's a free country..they have a choice to put their signs up and say what they want to say.. now isn't that irony.. t hey have the choice, but they want to remove a choice from someone else.. hee hee.

All in all.. the basis of our country is that we didnt' want government deciding what was rigth for us individually and that shouldn't stop with the right to chose when it comes to abortion.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:10 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Kaykay says, """ So...I can't answer for others, but for me, abortion is probably the defining issue (along with maybe a couple of others but mostly abortion) that has IMO "forced" me into the position of being a life-long Republican. ""

So, you vote Republican because of their platform on abortion...tell me....what have they DONE about it?

Oh, and thank you for the Iraq war, the crappy economy, Larry Craig, and $3.00 a gallon gas.

oz in SC says, ""Sadly, few seem to care about the baby,but modern day humans ARE incredibly self centered. """"Today 09:53 AM

Yes, sadly few seem to care about the baby especially if it's born to a poor woman, especially if it grows up poor.

That's conservative...force women to have babies they can't afford and then castigate the woman and children for being poor.....

What? You neocons just want fodder for your "I hate the Lazy Poor" rants ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies