Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 11:54 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Wait...hold up. Are you saying that the Pope is expressing POLITICAL views instead of RELIGIOUS views? That's not what your fellow liberals are saying!

Nevertheless, you're yet another liberal who can't argue the point without bringing Israel into the discussion. That's a problem that you guys need work out on your own. I'm not going to hold your hand while you deflect.
Not only is the thread a failure but so is your lame attempt at deflection. If you don't want to hear about Israel then don't whine about **** and moan about some other head of state doing the EXACT same thing the head of Israel does.

It's a shame, you used to actually make sensible posts, your blind hatred of the lift has apparently killed that ability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 11:54 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Is that supposed to mean something? I'm not familiar.
Funny, that was my reaction to the OP.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:56 AM

903 posts, read 582,790 times
Democrats will use the Pope's religious views to push through laws. The Pope said we must work on "climate action", thus all GW laws are good and more are needed. While the Pope is suggesting an end to the death penalty, he also suggests an end to abortion. So, as soon as I see Democrats pushing for both, I will stop calling them hypocrites.

The Bible doesn't let you pick and choose what you support.

The Pope is also against gay marriage. So the Democrats should now be pushing for a constitutional amendment to return marriage to its rightful state of one man, one woman.

And for the Pope, while he seems to want the US to open its borders I don't see him flinging opening the doors of the Vatican (although he did offer to put up a family is his house), nor pushing Italy to take all that come.

cd :O)

Old 09-24-2015, 11:58 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
I agree. But feel free to elaborate on your position.
You agree with me.....what's the point?

Old 09-24-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
Democrats will use the Pope's religious views to push through laws. The Pope said we must work on "climate action", thus all GW laws are good and more are needed. While the Pope is suggesting an end to the death penalty, he also suggests an end to abortion. So, as soon as I see Democrats pushing for both, I will stop calling them hypocrites.
How is the idea of man affecting the climate a 'religious view'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
The Bible doesn't let you pick and choose what you support.
Please tell that to some of the self-professed self-righteous 'Christians' who post here.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:00 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Funny, that was my reaction to the OP.
I feel like every time I look at this forum I lose brain cells.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I feel like every time I look at this forum I lose brain cells.
Or you could try putting forth a cogent argument to the OP. Afterall, that's why I start these threads.....for discussion.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The Pope is reiterating what a lot of left wing politicians have been saying for years. So no, any laws crafted by Democrats won't be based off the Pope's teachings, they will be crafted off of liberal beliefs, which the Pope just happens to agree with. And that's what has your panties all in a twist.
Now this is a cogent argument. It's amazing it took this long for someone to put this forward.

My response to this is: The first time a Democrat cites the Pope as inspiration for drafting statutory text, will you then denounce his/her reasoning? Afterall, the Pope pushes religion.

It's bound to happen. Will you cry foul?

Old 09-24-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not only is the thread a failure but so is your lame attempt at deflection. If you don't want to hear about Israel then don't whine about **** and moan about some other head of state doing the EXACT same thing the head of Israel does.

It's a shame, you used to actually make sensible posts, your blind hatred of the lift has apparently killed that ability.
Burdell, bringing Israel into this discussion is essentially the logical fallacy of equivocation. If you want to start a debate about heads of state and their influence on policy, then do it!

Old 09-24-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Burdell, bringing Israel into this discussion is essentially the logical fallacy of equivocation. If you want to start a debate about heads of state and their influence on policy, then do it!
No, I want to answer your baseless accusation of hypocrisy in the comparing of a head of state expressing political views and a government employee refusing to do her job..

As I've said, the Pope is a head of state and did nothing but express the political views of a head of state. Until you point out where you also whine about Netanyahu also expressing his political views as a head of state it will be obvious to a blind man that the hypocrisy here is yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies