Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 09:02 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Rape is a power trip for rapists, no matter when, where or by whom.

There is general agreement that rape is under reported, everywhere.

Reportedly a woman is raped every 107 seconds in the US. There has been a 49% decline in reported rapes since 1993.

Alaska has the highest rape rate. The governor called it an epidemic.
I agree, but you're missing the point entirely. We have rapists here, everyone knows that. When we catch them, we put them in prison and then put them on a public list that makes it nearly impossible for them to live or work anywhere in this country without everyone knowing what they are. It's kind of like branding a murderer with the letter M back in the colonial days.

This is a cultural issue, one where they think women are of so little value that they think nothing of destroying their lives. In their own countries there would be little consequences from their government for raping women like that. I just hope the German government doesn't do what the British government in Rotherham did and turn a blind eye to the rape. This cannot be allowed just to prevent a backlash. We have to force them to accept our culture, not the other way around.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with your post, but I don't think Germen girls and women need to suffer while waiting for these people to change.
And neither do I. In fact, I think the German government is a disgrace for letting all these migrants come there at the expense of their own citizens. These people were in no imminent danger, and the article I posted above said that 70% of the migrants in the camps are young males. Where are their women if they were fleeing such horrible conditions? Can you imagine what would happen to any European country or the United States or Canada if a war broke out and 70% of the young men fled the country instead of fighting? Who would taken them in? No one, that's who, and everyone knows it.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:11 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
No, not every Japanese was a part of the Imperial Japanese army, but diplomatic relationship often broke off during war time. Nations do what nations have to do during war time.

During war time (after pearl harbor for example), what is the point to import Japanese from Japan? Two nations were at war.

I am not saying internment camp was justified, but breaking off diplomatic relationship with Japan and Germany is certainly necessarily and justified.

Because of my unique background, I learned when I was little there is no such a thing as "my people." There is only right and wrong, and survival. People take things way too personally these days.
We're their Japanese refugees that were trying to flee? How we handled refugees back then was an unacceptable practice, even down to Jews we were very unwilling to accept them as refugees.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I agree, but you're missing the point entirely. We have rapists here, everyone knows that. When we catch them, we put them in prison and then put them on a public list that makes it nearly impossible for them to live or work anywhere in this country without everyone knowing what they are. It's kind of like branding a murderer with the letter M back in the colonial days.

This is a cultural issue, one where they think women are of so little value that they think nothing of destroying their lives. In their own countries there would be little consequences from their government for raping women like that. I just hope the German government doesn't do what the British government in Rotherham did and turn a blind eye to the rape. This cannot be allowed just to prevent a backlash. We have to force them to accept our culture, not the other way around.
Well when they are in the US, they would be given the same treatment as US rapists, where people doubt the victim, then shame the victim as if it was her fault, and then maybe charge the rapist and have him serve a few years in prison.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:16 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We're their Japanese refugees that were trying to flee? How we handled refugees back then was an unacceptable practice, even down to Jews we were very unwilling to accept them as refugees.
I don't have a perfect solution, I wish I do. All I have seen now is these animals brag about gang rape.

Well, history is often written by victors. No one is willing to talk about the killing and rape of Japanese and Japanese women after ww2. They think "these people deserve it". The country was able to rebuild the nation from ashes, I am sure Muslim countries can do the same.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I don't have a perfect solution, I wish I do. All I have seen now is these animals brag about gang rape.

Well, history is often written by victors. No one is willing to talk about the killing and rape of Japanese and Japanese women after ww2. They think "these people deserve it". The country was able to rebuild the nation from ashes, I am sure Muslim countries can do the same.
Well for starters, it would make sense not to accuse all Muslims for the actions of the few, just like it makes no sense to accuse all Americans for the actions of the few.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:20 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Well for starters, it would make sense not to accuse all Muslims for the actions of the few, just like it makes no sense to accuse all Americans for the actions of the few.
Nobody does. I certainly don't. I don't recall how many times I defend moderate muslims in this very forum. Like I said, it is all about right and wrong. But certain topic needs to be discussed openly and honestly.

Diplomatic relationship is often broken off during war time. You can't fight a politically correct war. You don't import those people who consider you as enemies, really just common sense stuff.

People in Pakistan need to wait 15 years before immigrating to the United States. These people certainly deserve it if they are willing to wait this long.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Well when they are in the US, they would be given the same treatment as US rapists, where people doubt the victim, then shame the victim as if it was her fault, and then maybe charge the rapist and have him serve a few years in prison.
People don't doubt the victim in stranger rapes where the woman actually goes to the hospital and gets a rape kit. They doubt the victim when she doesn't go to the police at all, or when it's a case of date rape where it's a he said/she said type of thing.

The worst thing that happens here is that many of the rape kits sit on a shelf for years before being tested, and they claim it's a funding issue. My problem with that is how many multi-million dollar conventions did the local governments have or how much was spent on "consultants" while the rape kits sat there untested? That's a travesty.

When we do go after rapists, we throw the book at them. Even if they only spend a few years in prison, there is still that sexual predator list that follows them around for life. These men come from countries that get away with rape all the time. My point is we cannot allow that to happen here, and I am hoping that Germany doesn't turn a blind eye to it there to prevent a backlash against migrants.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:25 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUr_KQbWNGs

Old 12-31-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
People don't doubt the victim in stranger rapes where the woman actually goes to the hospital and gets a rape kit. They doubt the victim when she doesn't go to the police at all, or when it's a case of date rape where it's a he said/she said type of thing.

The worst thing that happens here is that many of the rape kits sit on a shelf for years before being tested, and they claim it's a funding issue. My problem with that is how many multi-million dollar conventions did the local governments have or how much was spent on "consultants" while the rape kits sat there untested? That's a travesty.

When we do go after rapists, we throw the book at them. Even if they only spend a few years in prison, there is still that sexual predator list that follows them around for life. These men come from countries that get away with rape all the time. My point is we cannot allow that to happen here, and I am hoping that Germany doesn't turn a blind eye to it there to prevent a backlash against migrants.
Most rape happens with someone you know. A rapist in the US is more than likely going to get away with rape while people are more than likely going to blame the victim.

My point is, it already happens here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies