Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 07:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,990,527 times

Advertisements

They try it here and gun sales will go up!

Old 09-28-2015, 07:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,035,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. This IS going to be serious culture clash. Anecdotal... A few years ago I was waiting in line to go to the top of Willis (Sears) Tower with my visiting college student niece. As you can imagine, visitors from all over the world were doing exactly the same thing. It was summer, so my niece was dressed in a T-shirt and shorts. Nothing tight. Nothing revealing. A group of about 7 Muslim men were behind us in line, and each time the line snaked around and they were near us, they leered at my niece so openly and aggressively, commenting the whole time, that it was even making the strangers around us extremely uncomfortable. At some point, one of our line neighbors alerted a security guard who observed what was going on for a little while, and promptly ushered me and my niece out of the line and up to the top in a private elevator just to get us away from the situation. It was that blatant. Very nice of the security guard to do that.

I ususally try and take the high road on things, but damn you showed a hell of a lot of retraint, because were it me, it would have gotten pretty damn ugly! And I mean really quick!

Old 09-28-2015, 07:53 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,147,560 times
What is it with the Germans? In WWII they murdered their entire Jewish population, civilized and productive citizens. And now they open the floodgates to the barbarians. They can't seem to get anything right.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:56 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,035,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
They try it here and gun sales will go up!

Yep! I'll bet those Europeans WISHED that they had the gun rights we have here in this country! I can guarantee you, this type of crap will absolutely NOT fly in this country!

Old 09-28-2015, 07:57 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,783,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
What is it with the Germans? In WWII they murdered their entire Jewish population, civilized and productive citizens. And now they open the floodgates to the barbarians. They can't seem to get anything right.
I guess they don't believe in doing anything in half measures.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:01 AM

89,673 posts, read 45,282,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I ususally try and take the high road on things, but damn you showed a hell of a lot of retraint, because were it me, it would have gotten pretty damn ugly! And I mean really quick!
It was just me (female) and my niece. Against 7 Muslim men who very clearly thought they can treat women badly. It's possible some of the other people in line would have helped us if things turned ugly, but who would want that to happen? I give a LOT of credit to that line neighbor who alerted the security guard, and the security guard for deftly and quickly defusing a potentially powderkeg-like situation. I'd say maybe only 30 people out of the hundreds in line at the time even knew what had happened.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:05 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,964,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, they shouldn't be there to begin with. Just send them all home and then your conscience will be clear. No "innocent" little immigrants rights will be trampled.
Decent people: like some legal aliens, legit refugees or German citizens who look "Arab". Otherwise I agree with you.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:15 AM

5,739 posts, read 3,274,187 times
thats nice but why didnt security do anything about the muslims?
this country is too cowardly when it comes to these types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. This IS going to be serious culture clash. Anecdotal... A few years ago I was waiting in line to go to the top of Willis (Sears) Tower with my visiting college student niece. As you can imagine, visitors from all over the world were doing exactly the same thing. It was summer, so my niece was dressed in a T-shirt and shorts. Nothing tight. Nothing revealing. A group of about 7 Muslim men were behind us in line, and each time the line snaked around and they were near us, they leered at my niece so openly and aggressively, commenting the whole time, that it was even making the strangers around us extremely uncomfortable. At some point, one of our line neighbors alerted a security guard who observed what was going on for a little while, and promptly ushered me and my niece out of the line and up to the top in a private elevator just to get us away from the situation. It was that blatant. Very nice of the security guard to do that.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:17 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,861,275 times
Good they deserve everything thing they get.

Maybe Hanz and Franz will grow some balls and take matters into their own hands.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:21 AM

89,673 posts, read 45,282,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
thats nice but why didnt security do anything about the muslims?
this country is too cowardly when it comes to these types.
They'd scream "DISCRIMINATION" in a hearbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies