Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 08:01 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is no such thing as a straw purchase, when your right to defend yourself, is not up to another person.

There is no such thing as an illegal firearm, either. Cannot be, when everyone has a right to defend themselves by ALL means possible.
The government is not more powerful than the people..... Or are they??

SHOULD NOT BE is the more factual statement.

Though the framers absolutely saw that as the very thing they feared most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 08:32 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Since I really don't want to read all 22 pages, can anyone tell me if someone actually proposed a law that would stop these types of shooting events?

I'm assuming no, but I figured I'd ask.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:33 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Since I really don't want to read all 22 pages, can anyone tell me if someone actually proposed a law that would stop these types of shooting events?

I suggested not mentioning the shooter's name or plastering them all over TV. That may curtail the mass shooters seeking fame, which is what many seem to want.

I don't see how any gun laws could stop this beside maybe better background checks.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:33 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:

short answer

no

Old 10-06-2015, 09:03 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Originally Posted by chucksnee
Well, hell...this is easy...COMMON SENSE guns laws...

Yet that's all it is, not a single person has provided what a common sense gun law is.....

They just continue to say "common sense."

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
"Don't shoot somebody unless they really got it comin.."
...which is what defines a law abiding gun owner.

The headlines rarely highlight the good stories about how a citizen with CCP saved someone or thwarted a crime. It happens every day, yet because it's the polar opposite of screamedia's agenda it goes unreported, or on a back page at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
SHOULD NOT BE is the more factual statement.

Though the framers absolutely saw that as the very thing they feared most.
...and it's happening right before our eyes as we witness the political class maneuver the unintelligent into giving up their rights.

GWB and the party formerly known as conservative, in conjunction with the "I was against it before I was for it" Democrats, began using the fear 911 brought as a tool to accelerate their political class agenda and unilatterally began removing peoples rights in the name of safety. Obama and the Dem's may project a hate for the Pubs, but they keep on renewing the Patriot Act and a harsher NDAA every year. Two sides of the same twisted coin.

Even the ACLU see's these laws for what they really are:

Yep... treating citizens like terrorists, grope searching them as they try to fly, or take a train. or a bus is their answer. That's pretty much in lock step with how Hitler gained power and Stalin kept power. Before someone says it; I see your Godwin's law and raise you Historic Recurrence!

Quote:

Yea... ban all guns would be the gist of the examples presented. Others suggested a few things we could do that "might work" which is basically throwing darts. The obvious solution is the solution the left intends to fight against the hardest, which means they really aren't interested in a solution at all.

Last edited by steven_h; 10-06-2015 at 09:29 AM..

Old 10-06-2015, 09:41 AM

572 posts, read 552,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Also, we can do without the free for all sales of semi-automatic and automatic guns.

ASSAULT WEAPONS HISTORY
you are aware that automatic weapons are HIGHLY restricted, right?

Old 10-06-2015, 09:52 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,651,048 times
sadly none of them, until the day we start banning guns and treat the NRA and the gun lobby as an enemy of the state and try them for war crimes, we will always have these killings.we have top finally start liberating our selves from the tyranny of the gun nuts.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:04 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
Obama sez......."Iff'n we replaced all bullets with puffs of smoke, kinda like what was coming outta me when I was in da Choom Gang, then the bodies ain't gonna be hittin' da floor."

For the millionth time, there are NO new "gun laws" that would stop shootings.

None.

Regardless of what any of the Hollywood or DC crazies think, you cannot COMPLETELY ELIMINATE this problem.

Can you reduce it? Maybe.

But we've spent well in excess of a billion dollars on the drinking and driving problem, along with countless new laws, and what kills more? Drunk drivers, or people with guns?

For those of you that weren't paying attention for the last 30 years, you learned all you needed to know about the "effectiveness" of government after the www.healthcare.gov rollout.

Washington, D.C. is filled with morons, and morons aren't problem solvers. It's really that simple.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:12 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
sadly none of them, until the day we start banning guns and treat the NRA and the gun lobby as an enemy of the state and try them for war crimes, we will always have these killings.we have top finally start liberating our selves from the tyranny of the gun nuts.
Meanwhile, you'll just ignore all the times a state (government) has been able to murder thousands or even millions of its unarmed citizenry.

If you believe having to put of with the extremely rare one-off mass shootings is living under tyranny, you obviously need to learn a little about real tyranny.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:17 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Not a single mass shooter's guns have been shown to have been purchased through the "loophole". No matter how the gun grabbers edit and falsify videos as "proof", the "loophole" doesn't exist.

EVERY gun used in the mass shootings was purchased legally.

False! Here is but one example of a mass shooter intentionally circumventing background checks to purchase a gun for a shooting frenzy.

Quote:
Radcliffe Haughton purchased a handgun without a background check from a private seller, and obtained the weapon two days after becoming subject to a restraining order that required him to turn any firearms he owned into police.
Quote:
an October 21 shooting at a Brookfield, Wisconsin spa that left three dead and four wounded reportedly abused that same loophole to obtain his firearm.
Wisconsin Mass Shooter Exploited Background Check Loophole That NRA Says Isn't A Problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies