Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 11:43 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,330,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why would you want to restrict semi-automatic

a 1911a1 45

is no different that a smith and wesson 45 revolver

both 45 cal, both fire only one round per trigger squueze.... only difference one hold six rounds the other hold seven rounds
The only real difference is the rate at which a relatively untrained person can reload the weapon. But anyone with some training and a little practice can reload a revolver pretty darn quickly. Fundamentally, the anti-gun crowd wants all guns banned. Those of us who legally own and carry need to stand firm and protect our right to do so. It's just that simple.

I will NEVER give up my weapons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 11:49 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
The only real difference is the rate at which a relatively untrained person can reload the weapon. But anyone with some training and a little practice can reload a revolver pretty darn quickly. Fundamentally, the anti-gun crowd wants all guns banned. Those of us who legally own and carry need to stand firm and protect our right to do so. It's just that simple.

Exhibit A

speed loader for a 12 shot revolver

Old 10-06-2015, 11:55 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post

it takes less time to load a revolver than to put the rounds into a magazine...but these idiots will never learn

Old 10-06-2015, 12:05 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,826,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Every time there is a shooting in the US (except Chicago), there is aa call for "new" gun laws.

Can anyone tell me what new gun law would have prevented the Oregon shooting, or any other shooting?
This is easy to understand:

For politicians, writing a new law banning a particular object is EASY. All you've gotta do is get it passed, wave your signed law around and tell everyone you did something! Look at me Mom! I'm a winner! Vote for me and/or my political party... I/we get stuff done!

On the other hand, fixing a broken medical/mental health system and/or a country/culture that breeds violence and mental problems like cockroaches is HARD. It's just not gonna happen during a 4 year term. Since people also have the attention span of cockroaches, any success is hard to notice and then sell to voters.

That my friends is why we have a constantly growing encyclopedia of ever more ridiculous and constraining laws but in real-life stuff never seems to get any better.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:17 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

So you'd be ok with this one then?

Old 10-06-2015, 12:31 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Every time there is a shooting in the US (except Chicago), there is aa call for "new" gun laws.

Can anyone tell me what new gun law would have prevented the Oregon shooting, or any other shooting?
It's called risk management. What laws prevent every type of murder?

Old 10-06-2015, 12:33 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So you'd be ok with this one then?
That thing unplugged is far more dangerous at close range than any "assault weapon".

Old 10-06-2015, 12:34 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That thing unplugged is far more dangerous at close range than any "assault weapon".

Either of the ones I posted is. It's a test.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:52 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
If guns are so bad,
why don't you own one ?
Do you own a car ,buy gasoline, water, tools , rat poison, extra,,,,,,,?
Every one has access to these things and more .
The ingredients for a bomb are in your cupboard . Why don't you use them ??
the knowledge of making things is free to any one willing to LOOK it UP.
Every thing cannot be controlled so long as society disregards morality.
Personal discipline, and personal security. and accountability ,liberals don't like that .
Society must change ,because "things" will always be there . and if is not things, ones hands are as lethal a tool as any thing else, but the mind that is not subject to disciplines, will always abuse others selfishly.
Laws need to be consistent across the board regardless of mentality, age, sex, culture,or politics, or any other extenuating circumstance excuses are typically drawn from .

Old 10-06-2015, 01:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tujuleez1 View Post
The laws in effect now do a good job controlling the flow of guns from the manufacturer to the gun shops to the 1st purchaser. After that, everything begins to unravel. It's at that point we need to make the flow of gun possession as controlled as it is up to that 1st purchase.

Every transfer of ownership of a firearm needs to be documented and registered in the same manner as gun shops are required to follow. It makes no sense to require the entry of a gun into the hands of the public to have one set of rules and then to abandon those rules as soon as that new gun leaves the store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Many states do not require registration, even when purchased new for the first time.

I agree that a problem arises when a used gun can be sold without a background check.
many states, like arizona, require that when transferring a firearm from one individual to another, that both individuals go down to a licensed FFL and have the paperwork and background check done. the cost is $15 to do this, and takes just a few minutes.

but here is the problem with this, there are people who sell their legally owned guns to others and IGNORE THAT LAW. so now what do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The failure of the left to stand up to grandstanding idiots like Obama is just as amazing.
considering that the left is loaded with grandstanding idiots, what did you expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
how about you get your education from someone that actually knows about firearms instead of some reporter with an anti gun agenda? you might learn a thing or two, and you might even find that you like guns and shooting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies