Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 03:45 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
How are gun free zones making things worse? We have all lived in gun free zones as long as I have been alive, then I moved to Texas for awhile. I guess I don't get it.
Have you noticed that these shooters seem to enjoy shooting up schools? Has it ever occurred to you that there is a reason? The reason is, they already know they are the ONLY one on campus with a gun.
Which means that until the LE arrives they have free reign and can kill more victims. When was the last time you heard of a police substation being the target of one of these idiots? Or for that matter when was the last time you heard of a lunatic attacking a gun range?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 03:46 PM

218 posts, read 214,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
well what about the people who own them that live in the big city, no where near feral pigs?
Now why would someone that lives in a city, own such a gun? Hmmmmm

Old 10-05-2015, 03:47 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
well what about the people who own them that live in the big city, no where near feral pigs?
Many hog hunters live in the City and travel to hunting grounds. I'd be one of those and it's killin me cause it's raining and I know the hogs are moving. .300 black out and .264 grendel both AR 15 rounds perfect for hogs.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Somehow as excellent of a marksman as he is, and as well as he knows guns in general, and as often as he used said gun, he probably could tell if one of those guns were military AK47 (I think that was his gun), and didn't just "look like one", but less just pretend you are right if it makes you feel better.
Now this is getting comical... LMAO

Old 10-05-2015, 03:48 PM

572 posts, read 552,627 times
Quote:
I suppose your point is you think that a single common criminal is of more importance than arms dealers doing nefarious and illegal things. Dealers, manufacturers and traffickers? Otherwise I don't see your point.

No, the point was that instead of going after known criminals (who btw actually use the firearms in their posession for nefarious and ilegal acts); we -the govt. - seem to be going on fishing expeditions for dealers, manufacturers and traffickers instead.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Somehow as excellent of a marksman as he is, and as well as he knows guns in general, and as often as he used said gun, he probably could tell if one of those guns were military AK47 (I think that was his gun), and didn't just "look like one", but less just pretend you are right if it makes you feel better.
I am assuming then that he was in the north Vietnamese army.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:51 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
the problem is illegal gun ownership not legal guns. a legal gun owner can sell his weapon out his front door to anyone. without a background check. besides theft this is where criminals get their weapons from other gun owners. you have tons of gun owners who do not hold themselves to a very high standard when it comes to selling and dealing in guns with other people.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
the problem is illegal gun ownership not legal guns. a legal gun owner can sell his weapon out his front door to anyone. without a background check. besides theft this is where criminals get their weapons from other gun owners. you have tons of gun owners who do not hold themselves to a very high standard when it comes to selling and dealing in guns with other people.
That is a very valid point and one I am glad you addressed. The problem is how do you prevent this? Criminals don't care about laws. They are going to sell guns to one another anyway. The good ol boy network is also in play. I have known you for 20 years and know you've never been arrested for as much as jaywalking. Do you think I am going to hesitate in selling you a firearm, just because it's illegal for me to do so? Passing unenforceable laws is worse than not passing a law at all.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I guess you think your husband was the only person who served in Vietnam. If what he saw at the gun show was the same thing as what he carried, then he didn't know his weapon very well. No, what you saw WAS NOT a fully automatic weapon. No disrespect intended, but your lack of knowledge on this topic is only superseded, by your arrogance and condescending attitude. Solutions are out there, but until such time as people such as yourself are ready to sit down and accept reasonable solutions, the problems will not improve. You are never going to be able to stop all these shootings unless you find a magic pill that identifies all of the lunatics. Until that time, there will either be shootings, bombings, torchings or other means or destruction. What we can do is limit the destruction of these incidents and perhaps reduce the numbers, but you really aren't interested in that are you... You are only interested in one thing. Gun bans. Well, I can tell you right now, that is not something you are going to see in the near future. So be my guest and continue tilting at windmills. You seem to enjoy it.
Well excuse me I will take the word of my hero husband, that what we saw was an actual military gun. The timeframe of these shows was some time ago before perhaps they became illegal to sell, but I am even willing to bet, they are still sold at gun shows in red states, on kitchen tables and in many a gun store.....but I don't care enough to check. My lack of knowledge of guns isn't the issue at large or of any use in the discussion because I was pretty clear about putting everything other that protective handguns and sporting rifles, target guns Etc. Into the "no need" category anyway. I don't even mind collectors, or range shooters using weapons I don't personally agree with, but I want to know that law enforcement can track any such unnecessary gun to those that are legally allowed to have them, under stricter guidelines.

I would be happy to hear any or all these so called "solutions" of which you speak, at anytime.....posting here might be a good way for me to see them? I am absolutely ready, able and I have my listening ears on for some sensible solutions and be happy for someone to finally come up with some that are different than us lefties are saying. One of our biggest complaints is that NO SOLUTIONS are ever spoken of because you are too busy protecting your version of the 2nd amendment. PLEASE, PLEASE, give us some "rightie" solutions. We are truly listening.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am assuming then that he was in the north Vietnamese army.
Seriously, that's what you can come up with? Where did you do YOUR military service? If it wasn't the Korean, Gulf, Iraq or afganistann you are just not worth your salt,and you lost all credibility on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies