Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 11:54 AM

755 posts, read 675,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Lol, yeah. Sure. Perfect angel. Just like everyone's kid.

YEAH, great idea. I'm all for someone getting their skill cracked open for jaywalking or getting a speeding ticket. Brilliant idea for public servants.

The girl was wrong for her behavior, but that does not justify getting her skull cracked open.

Oh, I notice you didn't post this same "skull crushing" mentality in the thread where the woman plowed her call into a crowd of people and ran over a police motorcycle. I guess that's not as bad as refusing to give up your cell phone and leave the classroom.

It's over for our society!! Smh

The girl is the victim? The teacher and police need training, because kids refuse to listen. Nothing about parents and children......no structure at home. No discipline at home. Can't control your kid at home, then you want the police, teachers and administration to make nice, kiss her butt and allow her to run the show,

Old 10-28-2015, 11:57 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
The SRO has been fired.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:57 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I would have cleared the room. I would have asked the teacher to continue his or her lesson in another classroom. Myself and the principal and school counselor would talk the kid down. Once calm she would be asked to come to the main office for pick up by parent. She would be subject to superintendent hearing.
Sure every school building has spare empty classrooms just waiting for such situations …

uh huh

Old 10-28-2015, 11:58 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,925,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
End the class and leave her alone in the room. Problem solved and makes her look like an idiot.

Use your brains, people. Not your muscle.
so the rest of the class misses out
and she pulls the same crap the next day, she got away with it...and she probably doesn't look at it like the teacher made her look like an idiot, HE looks like the idiot who cant control the classroom,

that little hood rat needed her butt handed to her right then and there...and got what she deserved
he didn't hit or beat or hurt her...

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Please keep in mind that it certainly appears to me as though the officer was overly physical with her; however, I'm not going to say he was out of line until more facts and testimony from witnesses, specifically the teacher and vice principal are released.

That does not change the fact that she did break the law by disrupting class. It does not change the fact she refused to cooperate over and over again. It does not change the fact that by the time the cop arrived she should have been removed from the class. And it does not change the fact that she created this problem and was presented with multiple chances to cooperate and defuse the situation.

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Honestly the police should be there to prevent violence. A kid using her cellphone and not listening to a teacher should not involve cops.
I hate it when we agree on something!

Old 10-28-2015, 11:59 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
With all those school massacres, my grands were given phones just in case an emergency pops up they can call the parent.

They know not to use them during school don't even take them out of their backpacks or pockets.

So, in today's violent society, a student having a phone for an emergency is the way to go these days.
Absolutely not! The teacher is the only one who should be allowed.

And it is not 'today's violent society'.

Crime statistics show that violent crime has been declining for decades.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:00 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Officer was asked to remove her.

He asked her to leave. She declined.

Guess the teacher and AP could have hoisted her, desk and all. She might have injured them. They might have dropped her. They might have injured themselves. I do not think any teacher is prepared or required to physically remove a defiant student.

How would you have handled the power struggle?
Get on the phone and call the parents, if that didn't work then ignore the problem for the day, reacting to her behavior only seemed to exacerbate her defiance. On the next school day, enforce a suspension until the parents respond, but that can be done outside of the classroom. But, isn't this a discussion that particular school should be having? Deal with possible problems and soliciting solutions before it blows up into an embarrassing media incident.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:01 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Sorry, but I side with the cop on this one.

When a police officer directs you to do something that is within his authority and not an abuse of power, obey.

Pure and simple.

Shame on that girl's parents for creating a monster.
Let's see -- what happens in one 50 minute class = being in monster.

I don't know a single person who hasn't had a monstrous 50 minutes in their own life at some point...if they're honest about it.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:02 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,284 times
Now that the Sheriff has fired this power hungry piece of &^%)# for using excessive force and not following procedures, it is time to charge him with assault and child abuse.
Also, if a parent had done that to a kid, they would have already been arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies