Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Muslim American Citizens Be Allowed To Possess Firearms?
Yes 95 73.08%
No 35 26.92%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 09:39 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Of course, they have a right to defend themselves like anyone else. Nice attempt at a troll post.
Wasn't an attempt. The op seems to be very good at trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 05:17 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,475,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Wasn't an attempt. The op seems to be very good at trolling.
Refer to Post #86.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:09 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The same gun laws which apply to American citizens should apply to ALL American citizens. Period.

Totally agree.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:50 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Default Guns, guns, guns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ya, and my daughter was shooting that gun at age 5, with her own shotgun, which was kept in her closet since she was 8. at 10 she got her Mini-14 to accompany it. at 16 she got her .38 revolver, police issue.

So, you feared your kids finding it, my kid always knew where it was and how to handle it and when to leave it alone. Watching it kill something, was all it took for her at age 5 to learn, THAT IS NO TOY.
My dad when I was 6, let me shoot his double barrel 12(with no recoil pad, with Turkey shot. I didn't touch that gun until I was 51 and dad past away.

Education, works better than ignorance.
When you kid turns 21, what stops them from obtaining a firearm, and then have no clue how to use it, and think it is a toy.

It is best to teach kids their constitutional rights at a young age. Letting them know, their rights are very dangerous to others.
Too many guns to my liking, love of guns, talk of guns, need for guns, threads about guns...

Seems some people can not only be a little excessive in these regards, and often just as presumptuous, far too quick to invoke ignorance when more often than not, the ignorance is in so doing. Why bother reply when those so inclined spend their time polishing and admiring their guns? No good answer to that question, but just FYI, I enjoyed a good many target shooting fun times with friends and family over the years, using all types of guns that they owned.

Not really my thing beyond the occasional fun here and there. My immediate family isn't much into guns either, but we still enjoy life plenty and don't feel any more scared or threatened than anyone else I don't think, gun-totting or not.

Based on my observations, there is more ignorance displayed by those who think "education" about guns is somehow all the safety or protection they think it is. This is the sort of notion that only someone who doesn't follow the news could put out. I would love to list all the gun accidents or assaults by "educated" gun owners, on themselves, their relatives or whomever might p*ss them off just a bit too much, but I don't have that sort of time...

If only Dick Cheney had been a little better "educated!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies