Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2016, 11:15 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
However, things get better as we progress as a society. The 40's and 50's had many positive things, but overall things are better in todays day and age. Chances are they will be even better 60-70 years from now as well.

American is regressing and has been since at least the mid to late 60's. Maybe if you're a communist, feminist, gay or foreigner who is favored over white Americans you think the cesspool dystopian the left is creating is progress.

All I have to do is step out in public to see it, ugly, illbred, hateful foreign faces everywhere. And the job market and economy has been horrible for decades. The only thing progressing is technology, which would progress without leftist. Nothing else is progressing about this society.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:19 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
American is regressing and has been since at least the mid to late 60's. Maybe if you're a communist, feminist, gay or foreigner who is favored over white Americans you think the cesspool dystopian the left is creating is progress.
Oh please . It's not regressing at all. You simply prefer the past when white males were the only ones with real power and opportunity is all. Must be awful for you to have to cede some of that these days. . My Goddess, you might even one day have a female boss that is gay and black !

Last edited by ~HecateWhisperCat~; 01-10-2016 at 11:31 PM..

Old 01-10-2016, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, I don't think you want to compare stories about ww1 with people here. We all have our loses during wars. But you are talking about your grandparents. Many here have parents who went through this. So please don't think you are more knowedgable

You go around and around in circles. I'm talking about life in the '50s and comparing my grandmother's and grandfather's. I'm pointing out than men personally face hardships that women didn't. You make it out America was the Taliban before the late '60s. What feminist call fairness isn't fair, not to men and not even to every woman. That's the problem with leftist. They think only they know what's fair and right. Well they're wrong.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:30 PM

Quote:
You go around and around in circles. I'm talking about life in the '50s and comparing my grandmother's and grandfather's. I'm pointing out than men personally face hardships that women didn't. You make it out America was the Taliban before the late '60s. What feminist call fairness isn't fair, not to men and not even to every woman. That's the problem with leftist. They think only they know what's fair and right. Well they're wrong.
What about it isn't fair?

Old 01-10-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Oh please . It's not regressing at all. You simply prefer the past when white males were the only ones with real power and opportunity is all. Must be awful for you to have to cede some of that these days. . My Goddess, you might even one day have to have a female boss that is gay and black !

Yet my female relatives had the same opportunities and power as their husbands, brothers etc.

Your whole idea of progress is the government picking your favored races, sex and sexual orientation over others.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Yet my female relatives had the same opportunities and power as their husbands, brothers etc.

Your whole idea of progress is the government picking your favored races, sex and sexual orientation over others.

The government didn't pick anything. That was simply society at the time. It was more male dominated in the professional world and female dominated in the domestic world. And your female relatives did not have the same opportunities. You know it, and I know it.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:40 PM

Quote:
What about it isn't fair?

Read Warren Farrel's book Myth of Male Power if you really are that clueless Excerpts/TOC. I'm not interested in debating feminism. That's just one leg of the progressive's cultural assualt. I'm concerned about all the ugly, ill-bred, ill-mannered foreigners that are being brought in to America.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Read Warren Farrel's book Myth of Male Power if you really are that clueless Excerpts/TOC. I'm not interested in debating feminism. That's just one leg of the progressive's cultural assualt. I'm concerned about all the ugly, ill-bred, ill-mannered foreigners that are being brought in to America.
No thanks, I would rather hear your actual opinions, and not ones you grabbed out of a book.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
The government didn't pick anything. That was simply society at the time. It was more male dominated in the professional world and female dominated in the domestic world.

I'm talking about the government picking the winners and losers today which you call progress.

That was my point, prior to the mid 1960s a free society, free market and individuals decided without the government interfering and picking which races and gender to benefit and which to oppose. The leftist went from class warfare in the '30s and '40s which at least had some merit except unions were a better private sector solution than taxing the rich, to genetic warfare from the '60s onward where it's all about race and gender.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about the government picking the winners and losers today which you call progress.

That was my point, prior to the mid 1960s a free society, free market and individuals decided without the government interfering and picking which races and gender to benefit and which to oppose. The leftist went from class warfare in the '30s and '40s which at least had some merit except unions were a private sector solution than taxing the rich, to genetic warfare from the '60s onward where it's all about race and gender.
You know, nobody takes you serious when you use the phrase "leftist" in regards to anything that you don't agree with. You still haven't answered anything and keep dancing around the issue as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies