Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 06:17 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times

Advertisements

Moore's next movie should be entitled, "Which hamburger joint should I invade next?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 06:31 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
All these social benefits would be awesome if not for the fact that already in the US, we have a large number of people who do all they can do their whole life to try to game the system.

So in order to prevent masses amount of people from gaming the system more and become better off, we just forego a lot of social benefits.

As for Moore, yea, he is an idiot. Anyone who states we called them Africanized Bees because we are trying to stigmatize blacks is a complete idiot.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
All these social benefits would be awesome if not for the fact that already in the US, we have a large number of people who do all they can do their whole life to try to game the system.
I'm sure you don't "game the system".

Old 02-15-2016, 06:48 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
He is wrong, as usual. About 20-25% of the budget is spent on the military.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:49 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,342,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
We are doing something wrong and y'all had better wake up.
We have 318 million people and pay nowhere near as high of taxes as Europe. Like others have said in the thread, if the US had 20 million people and payed 50% in taxes, we can have all those things Europe has. I don't know why people just gloss over the fact that the US is the 3rd largest country, population wise (almost 4 times larger than the largest European country, Germany) and Europeans have some pretty high taxes so they can get that "free" education, and "free" health care.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:52 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
So go move there if everywhere else is so much better.

Jesus tap dancing christ, America doesn't have to be like everywhere else.
Agreed.

And

I'm stealing the bolded.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:04 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post

... Personally, I will WORK MY BUTT OFF FOR MYSELF...but not for anyone else. I would expect most working folks feel the same way.
I understand how you feel. I'm sure, like me, you are outraged by the $$$$ Trillions $$$$$ given by the government to International Corporations, Banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, etc., etc., etc. in the form of tax breaks and federal subsidies. Then they add insult to injury by exporting our jobs to places like Mexico (like Carrier) and India.

We are living in a country where the middle class subsidizes the rich. Sheesh.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:05 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm sure you don't "game the system".
No, I actually work and pay income taxes each year; does that offend you?

Are you really obtuse to the arguments coming from people who oppose social benefits?

Damn, i did even state I agreed with it, but it is a reality that much of the opposition to social benefits is not the benefits themselves, but the free loading mentality that will follow and game the system in order to work the least amount possible for the things they get.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:10 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Free, free, free. free, free. Everything is freeeeeeeeee! Yipeeee!

Do these people ever think that somebody (cough cough cough) is paying for it! ...
I wonder who is going to pay for the approximately $2.5 BILLION dollars just for the Presidential elections.

Presidential campaigns are not free you know.

Do you think your state or even your region could use a few billion dollars to go towards education or infrastructure repair?

Old 02-15-2016, 07:11 PM

3,850 posts, read 1,792,295 times
This documentary looks worth seeing. Maybe the U.S. should learn from European countries how to treat their people better. They seem to have better health and high quality living standards where everyone benefits, not just a select few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies