Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 08:50 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But I do take it up with you because you posted it.
I'm just the messenger.
Perhaps you should actually read some of those articles so you'd have understanding, instead of simply blaming an administration that has been gone for nearly eight years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 09:29 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I guess it was bound to happen. A pragmatic, moderate president that has managed to guide America out of a deep economic crisis, keep us out of stupid "preemptive wars", not too mention has been relatively scandal free and has accomplished much even though congress has agressively attempted to obstruct him at every turn, should and is receiving high approval ratings in his last year in office.

Plus, people watching the farce of a Republican primary are obviously even more approving of the president in comparison to what furball the right is hacking up.

Funny, since many folks on here were predicting how his numbers would be just as bad as Bush's 27% approval rating as he left office. I guess when reality doesn't bend your way it's best to deny reality. Many on the right have become quite good at that.

Americans Are Falling in Love With President Obama, Again - Fortune

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ctpos...client=safari#
"Americans Are Falling in Love With Barack Obama, Again"

Typical media OVERSTATING the results of some "poll".

Where is the poll?

Who was polled?

How were the questions asked?

How was it weighed?

I know, details, details, details!

Old 03-26-2016, 09:35 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I'm just the messenger.
Perhaps you should actually read some of those articles so you'd have understanding, instead of simply blaming an administration that has been gone for nearly eight years.
"I'm just the messenger."

really?

"Following up one of the worst presidents ever"

You look a "bit" biased to me.

Old 03-26-2016, 09:45 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Where is the poll?

Who was polled?

How was it weighed?

Thanks for asking this.......seems people were just willing to believe 1000 people polled, who were not polled. LOL

I hate polls!

Old 03-26-2016, 11:21 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Where is the poll?

Who was polled?

How was it weighed?

Here is the poll (I know it's hard to click that Gallup link under the article headline. Don't worry, I did it just for you):

•Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval
(Hey wadaya know, he's up to 53% now! Thanks for that.)

• 1500 adults were polled.

• "Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president?" (I know, that's some real tricky wording there).

• "Margin of error is ±3 percentage points." ( looks like he could be as high as 56% then actually...or maybe you're rooting for just 50%.)

So many details, details, details. But you know the old saying, you can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think. (I'll provide a link for that because, you know, details, details, details). https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Dorothy_Parker

Quick enough?

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 03-26-2016 at 12:01 PM..

Old 03-26-2016, 11:30 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
I guess it was bound to happen. A pragmatic, moderate president that has managed to guide America out of a deep economic crisis, keep us out of stupid "preemptive wars", not too mention has been relatively scandal free and has accomplished much even though congress has agressively attempted to obstruct him at every turn, should and is receiving high approval ratings in his last year in office.

Plus, people watching the farce of a Republican primary are obviously even more approving of the president in comparison to what furball the right is hacking up.

Funny, since many folks on here were predicting how his numbers would be just as bad as Bush's 27% approval rating as he left office. I guess when reality doesn't bend your way it's best to deny reality. Many on the right have become quite good at that.

Americans Are Falling in Love With President Obama, Again - Fortune

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ctpos...client=safari#
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
While I won't pretend he didn't make some significant mistakes -esp during his first 2 years- I think history will view Obama favorably. Since perception is relative, he looks especially competent compared to the doofus he replaced. By every objective measure, we're much better off than we were 8 years ago, so he's been a major improvement over W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Eight years ago we were dealing with the realities of Clinton`s trade deals (NAFTA and the 2000 China Trade Act), his repeal of Glass-Steigal and his decision to leave derivatives unregulated.

Clinton was a puppet of the banks and Wall Street and we all got screwed except for a tiny fraction of a percentage at the very top.

Today we have $2.00/gal gasoline because the 2005 Energy Policy Act prevents the EPA regulating fracking except in cases where diesel fuel is injected.

This prevents the Saudis from raising the price of crude by reducing the supply.

As for your blanket approval of Obama's job performance, name some specific success stories that can be attributed to actions taken by this administration.

FTR, on the four occasions since 1948 that Republicans have controlled both houses of Congress, running deficits declined or the budget was in balance and unemployment declined or we were at full employment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTgyDFmaa5E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYcz4CX0h7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcb1JoSQXf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ibBMWU5Ew

Clinton was a ****ing disaster for working Americans.

Meanwhile, Obama is a teleprompter reading puppet with Valerie Jarretts' hand permanently shoved up his ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The real incomes of working Americans has declined sharply because Bill sold us out to Wall Street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Jeepers. What planet are you from.
Blame Bill? It takes more then a president.
Conservatives in congress have been selling out America to wall street, since day one, back when they were democrats.

Not to veto bad legislation.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:38 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
there is no way obama has a 50% approval rating.

wonder how the question was asked.

History will not be kind to obama.
History will be kind in that he was the first black President... which should be a testament to the US citizens more than him for the color of his skin. If everyone was a-race (not interested or involved in color of skin) it wouldn't and shouldn't matter at all.

As MLK wisely stated "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!"

Yet even after millions of white people voted him into the highest office, when people judge Obama on his character based solely on his actions, the cheerleaders come out and start screaming "racist".

We will never be free from the blight of racism if we can't even voice disapproval as we would any other person we disagree with.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:19 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Even with all the hate venom and vitriol directed his way and having to deal with a vote no congress,record numbers of filibusters the man was a class act all the way and was responsible for many accomplishments despite unprecedented obstruction during his tenure as President =
PCTC* | President Obama Has Done a LOT! A List of 340 Accomplishments so far, With Citations

Rather astounding that any one gives any credence whatsoever to the current crop of clowns emanating from the GOP.
Hillary or Bernie you got a tough act to follow.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:25 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
I think when you hit 50% you're easily out of cult status. Still, if you like cults, any of the remaining Republican primary candidates are firmly in the cult status range.
Statistics … gotta love em' … they are the go to tool of the pathological liar, and the unvarnished truth to the intellectual midget.

Tell us … 50% of whom approve of the Liar-In-Chief ? 50% of 100? 50% of the devout marxists who'd support him if he BBQ'd children on the White House lawn?

Such polls are about as worthless as the opinion of anyone who voted for that nightmare twice. I give a "everyone gets fooled once in a while" pass to those who voted for him the first time, given the alternatives .. but the second time? Nope. No pass.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:30 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
While I won't pretend he didn't make some significant mistakes -esp during his first 2 years- I think history will view Obama favorably. Since perception is relative, he looks especially competent compared to the doofus he replaced. By every objective measure, we're much better off than we were 8 years ago, so he's been a major improvement over W.
History is not going to view him kindly. The world blew up on his watch. Bush got it started, but Obama made it a thousand times worse when he pulled troops out of Iraq. And he knows it too; otherwise we would pull our troops out of Afghanistan, and we aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies