Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 03:20 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
You just quoted someone that also wrote that immigrants must be millionaires to enter the US. It's a comedy goldmine.
LOL. Your denial to your own failure is beyond being comical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 04:15 AM

316 posts, read 214,753 times
A few things without reading all these comments:
There's a difference in childless and child-free.
Childless/child-free people have as much empathy as anyone. It's insulting to say otherwise.
I'm glad some here are happy spending $$ on kids and it fulfills them and they're the best thing blah blah, but don't think for one minute people with no children are unfulfilled.
Who says children will be there in your old age? Visit a nursing home.Having kids to care for you in old age is a lam excuse to have them.
Children don't pay for your social security and it's another sorry excuse to have kids.
Having kids doesnt mature people always. Read the news. Some people never grow up one way or the other.
Everyone makes different sacrifices. I dont consider having kids sacrificial.Think about people who give up being parents or stay single to do great things.
Saying child-free/childless people don't understand parenting is a laugh itself.
I don't get why parents can treat people with no kids harshly, but child-free can't say a dang word against them.. Maybe the 'bovine' comment was unneeded, but parents frequently insult child-free. How many people even consider having kids a choice?

Last edited by roddma; 03-30-2016 at 04:27 AM..

Old 03-30-2016, 06:26 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
We both know I am the one who has come out ahead in life.
Funny you say this, because your entire post read like a desperate plea for help.

If you were so content with your "coming out ahead in life," I doubt you would have expended the effort to broadcast all this on an anonymous internet forum.

Happiness and enlightenment does not come from putting others down who are different than you.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
A few things without reading all these comments:
There's a difference in childless and child-free.
Childless/child-free people have as much empathy as anyone. It's insulting to say otherwise.
I'm glad some here are happy spending $$ on kids and it fulfills them and they're the best thing blah blah, but don't think for one minute people with no children are unfulfilled.
Who says children will be there in your old age? Visit a nursing home.Having kids to care for you in old age is a lam excuse to have them.
Children don't pay for your social security and it's another sorry excuse to have kids.
Having kids doesnt mature people always. Read the news. Some people never grow up one way or the other.
Everyone makes different sacrifices. I dont consider having kids sacrificial.Think about people who give up being parents or stay single to do great things.
Saying child-free/childless people don't understand parenting is a laugh itself.
I don't get why parents can treat people with no kids harshly, but child-free can't say a dang word against them.. Maybe the 'bovine' comment was unneeded, but parents frequently insult child-free. How many people even consider having kids a choice?
Good post. You forgot those parents have the audacity to call child-free people selfish while themselves raking in taxpayers' money to raise their children.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
I was recently talking about how parents get all kinds of perks (like paternity leave, tax write-offs, more time off work etc) and how those of us without kids don't get jack. Well, the lady I was talking to went on the usual bovine tirade about how she "needs" those services...btw, I am absolutely through showing any respect to "mothers" and will refer to those cows by their rightful names, "bovines", for the remainder of this thread. And yes, I did call the abusive, grotesque creature that brought me into this wretched state we call "life" by such names too. But I digress.

Anyhow, the bovine went on and on about "I have children and need x,y, and z and you don't need anything else because you don't have any." I asked "well, if I don't get those things, than what do I get?"
"Nothing because you don't need any special services because you don't have kids!" And then I whipped out the finishing move: I said "so...having no kids is enough of a privilege?"

She, like any good cow, looked at me and said "No! You are missing out if you don't have kids!"
Well...if I am missing out, why not any perks for me? She stormed away, having lost the argument.

Yeah, you get more time off if you have kids, pay less in taxes etc. And the reason is obvious and we all know it: if you have spawn, you are at a disadvantage to those of us who understand that little poop-machines are not worth the hassle. Hence you need special treatment to put yourselves on equal footing with us.

It is societies attempt to make breeders equal with those of us who understand birth control. Hence, some inequality must exist. Why not admit it?

And I will even stop my usual family-hating rhetoric to say this: you value your kids. Fair enough. Is it so hard to admit those of us who do not are going to have an easier time in the workforce and in life in general? Even if you do enjoy being a parent for reasons I can't fathom, is it so hard to admit that it is a trade-off?

I can sleep in for as long as I want to (aside from getting up for work) not worry about money and do what I want, when I want to. I can live in a tiny apartment in the middle of a city and not worry about schools or whatever. I can take another job in another city and leave and not care about resettling a clan or runny-nosed screamers and my schedule is mine and mine alone (aside from work)

So honestly, who is "missing out" here?

The other day I walk up at 1pm, smoked some refer (legal here) and went to a bar and then just kind of did...whatever. In quiet. No other human demanding my time or energy. Just me. I think "fambly" people secretly envy people like me, they are just too weak to admit it.

So keep your tax breaks and your paid paternity leave, and your eternal excuse for being late to work that I am not allowed to dispute. I'll keep my disposable income, good night's sleep, and all around fun life.

I'm sure your mom would love the fact you consider her to be bovine.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:55 AM

131 posts, read 112,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
This is a classical rationalization post in a person that could not have children.
"Could not", or should not?

Old 03-30-2016, 07:59 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Whoa, wait a second, are you seriously blaming people who have children for some of those children later growing up and committing murders and rapes? I suppose that does dampen the economy, doesn't it? How about we just kill everyone then. Problem solved right?
Well, let's consider a certain group of people on this forum who will always cry "Where are the parents???" if a certain race of people commit crimes or just violence in general. Tell me why that's acceptable & even encouraged to blame the parents for that but not blame the parents for a person who ends up committing murder or rape?

Old 03-30-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Well, let's consider a certain group of people on this forum who will always cry "Where are the parents???" if a certain race of people commit crimes or just violence in general. Tell me why that's acceptable & even encouraged to blame the parents for that but not blame the parents for a person who ends up committing murder or rape?
All parents should be held responsible for their children!

Old 03-30-2016, 08:12 AM

872 posts, read 828,526 times
Quote:
I was recently talking about how parents get all kinds of perks (like paternity leave, tax write-offs, more time off work etc) and how those of us without kids don't get jack. Well, the lady I was talking to went on the usual bovine tirade about how she "needs" those services...btw, I am absolutely through showing any respect to "mothers" and will refer to those cows by their rightful names, "bovines", for the remainder of this thread. And yes, I did call the abusive, grotesque creature that brought me into this wretched state we call "life" by such names too. But I digress.

Anyhow, the bovine went on and on about "I have children and need x,y, and z and you don't need anything else because you don't have any." I asked "well, if I don't get those things, than what do I get?"
"Nothing because you don't need any special services because you don't have kids!" And then I whipped out the finishing move: I said "so...having no kids is enough of a privilege?"

She, like any good cow, looked at me and said "No! You are missing out if you don't have kids!"
Well...if I am missing out, why not any perks for me? She stormed away, having lost the argument.

Yeah, you get more time off if you have kids, pay less in taxes etc. And the reason is obvious and we all know it: if you have spawn, you are at a disadvantage to those of us who understand that little poop-machines are not worth the hassle. Hence you need special treatment to put yourselves on equal footing with us.

It is societies attempt to make breeders equal with those of us who understand birth control. Hence, some inequality must exist. Why not admit it?

And I will even stop my usual family-hating rhetoric to say this: you value your kids. Fair enough. Is it so hard to admit those of us who do not are going to have an easier time in the workforce and in life in general? Even if you do enjoy being a parent for reasons I can't fathom, is it so hard to admit that it is a trade-off?

I can sleep in for as long as I want to (aside from getting up for work) not worry about money and do what I want, when I want to. I can live in a tiny apartment in the middle of a city and not worry about schools or whatever. I can take another job in another city and leave and not care about resettling a clan or runny-nosed screamers and my schedule is mine and mine alone (aside from work)

So honestly, who is "missing out" here?

The other day I walk up at 1pm, smoked some refer (legal here) and went to a bar and then just kind of did...whatever. In quiet. No other human demanding my time or energy. Just me. I think "fambly" people secretly envy people like me, they are just too weak to admit it.

So keep your tax breaks and your paid paternity leave, and your eternal excuse for being late to work that I am not allowed to dispute. I'll keep my disposable income, good night's sleep, and all around fun life.

It is a good thing you do not have any Children.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:56 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,342,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Good post. You forgot those parents have the audacity to call child-free people selfish while themselves raking in taxpayers' money to raise their children.
I have two adult children. I never "raked in taxpayers' money to raise them. One went to a private school, because it best met his needs, the other went to public schools, to which I contributed with my tax dollars. Neither I nor my friends with children have ever called child-free people selfish. As a matter of fact, a good number of my friends ARE child-free for one reason or another and they all live very fulfilled lives -- lives that have included the enjoyment of watching my children grow up.

I skimmed most of the pages in this thread and do not recall any posts damning child-free people.

I think you doth protest too much.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies