Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 12:55 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
The minimum cost to immigrate is $1 million dollars?

LOL

That must have been quite a bong rip. I don't do drugs, but if I did, I'm sure I'd believe that too.
Right, you would expect a legal immigrant like me would know a few things.

There are only a few ways to immigrate to USA. Below is the complete list of immigration categories. Which one do you think most people fit in? Keep in mind you would be going to place where you have no relatives and no immediate job offer, just like relocating to Texas.

Visa Category

Family and Immediate Relatives
Spouse of a U.S. Citizen IR1, CR1
Spouse of a U.S. Citizen awaiting approval of an I-130 immigrant petition K-3 *
Fiancé(e) to marry U.S. Citizen & live in U.S. K-1 *
Intercountry Adoption of Orphan Children by U.S. Citizens IR3, IH3, IR4, IH4
Certain Family Members of U.S. Citizens IR2, CR2, IR5, F1, F3, F4
Certain Family Members of Lawful Permanent Residents F2A, F2B

Employer Sponsored – Employment

Employment-Based Immigrants, including (preference group):
Priority workers [First]
Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability [Second]
Professionals and Other Workers [Third]
Employment Creation/Investors [Fifth]
Certain Special Immigrants: [Fourth]

Religious Workers
Iraqi and Afghan Translators/Interpreters
Iraqis Who Worked for/on Behalf of the U.S. Government
Afghans Who Worked for/on Behalf of the U.S. Government

Other Immigrants
Diversity Immigrant Visa
Returning Resident
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 12:58 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,637,366 times
Someone should tell all those non-millionaire immigrants that they don't exist.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:08 PM

4,952 posts, read 3,063,230 times
Quote:
When did I say I enjoyed living in IL? lol

We're relocating to a lower tax burden state. With our needs, a relocation to Texas would save us $2,000/mo. That's not a typo. We're evaluating a few other states too.

That's the nice thing about the freedoms of this country. We can vote with our feet. None of us are "forced" to do anything here.

All this aside, any state in this nation will still provide benefits through tax dollars to people, and none of them evenly. That's not corruption, that's the reality. The alternative, a la carte taxation, is aburd and impossibly complex.
Ah, joining the exodus I see.

My annual per acre property tax in many western states will average $150, less children to educate requiring less law enforcement tax $$ to look after said children.

I hate kids...kidding. I just don't want to pay for them, parents should be charged individually for this. Singles with none are required to finance their neighbors' overabundance of 5.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Someone should tell all those non-millionaire immigrants that they don't exist.
You need to admit your answer is truly asinine and let's move on.

If you aren't a close relative of an American, not marrying one, not having a job offer, not an Iraqi/Afghan working for the US government, not an Oscar or Nobel Price winner, or having some sort of special religious expertise, you are basically going to be: Employment Creation/Investors (EB5).

Go look at the requirement.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...bout-eb-5-visa

Quote:
Required minimum investments are:

General. The minimum qualifying investment in the United States is $1 million.
Alternatively, if you haven't just walked across the border, you can come here on a student visa, over stay your visa and tell DNC that you would vote for them, you can become a citizen in no time.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 03-29-2016 at 01:48 PM..

Old 03-29-2016, 01:17 PM

4,952 posts, read 3,063,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Sure, that's the same as moving to another country.

Do you know how to immigrate to another country? The amount of paperwork, money and time required? Let's look at USA, one of the easiest countries to immigrate to. It would take in excess of $50,000 and 5-10 years AND having about 1 million dollars to immigrate, not counting uprooting your entire family, ways to survive such as a business or employment in USA and learning a new language.

How many of you can actually do that? My guess is none. So yes, your answer is ASININE!
This is one reason I don't emigrate back to the Dominican. It's a royal pain, requires hiring a Dominican attorney, and the process still takes 5 years.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
This is one reason I don't emigrate back to the Dominican. It's a royal pain, requires hiring a Dominican attorney, and the process still takes 5 years.
Didn't the poster above told us it's just like relocating to Texas from IL?

Old 03-29-2016, 01:53 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Because you walk and ride on public roads. And you don't pay the same taxes as someone with a car. They pay vehicle registration, which you do not.
That's not a tax, it's a usage fee.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You need to admit your answer is truly asinine and let's move on.

If you aren't a close relative of an American, not marrying one, not having a job offer, not an Iraqi/Afghan working for the US government, not an Oscar or Nobel Price winner, or having some sort of special religious expertise, you are basically going to be: Employment Creation/Investors (EB5).

Go look at the requirement.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...bout-eb-5-visa
Way to move the goalpost. Earlier it was a requirement for all immigrants to be millionaires, now it's a subsection? Wow.

I think I'm going to just start skimming your posts, they all have demonstrably false information in them. Like the millionaire immigrant one that you're tap dancing around, or the "you'll need a new job and won't have family when you move to Texas" post before that (I work remotely, my wife can transfer her gov't job, and we have family in Texas).

Some people are content in their ignorance, especially the SJW types. It's nothing new, and our conversation has run its course.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:58 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
This OP has trolled threads just like this in the past. Tries to offend as many as possible and then disappears. You will notice the OP does not return to the thread.

I think they just need a hug and maybe an invitation to a family dinner. Must be feeling lonely at Easter Time.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I hate kids...kidding. I just don't want to pay for them, parents should be charged individually for this. Singles with none are required to finance their neighbors' overabundance of 5.
No such thing as an a la carte tax system though. You can't waive your "police protection fee" or opt in for your "national park fee". My house never burned down, why are some of my taxes going to the fire station?

If your beef is with those that abuse the system (like welfare baby families), show me an abuse-proof a la carte tax system, and I'll stand right by you supporting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies