Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 02:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
Way to move the goalpost. Earlier it was a requirement for all immigrants to be millionaires, now it's a subsection? Wow.

I think I'm going to just start skimming your posts, they all have demonstrably false information in them. Like the millionaire immigrant one that you're tap dancing around, or the "you'll need a new job and won't have family when you move to Texas" post before that (I work remotely, my wife can transfer her gov't job, and we have family in Texas).

Some people are content in their ignorance, especially the SJW types. It's nothing new, and our conversation has run its course.
Ignorance? Speaking for yourself. Immigrating to another country is just like moving to Texas. Yeah right!

Not admitting your "if you don't like this country, just get out" comment is asinine is very classy.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 03-29-2016 at 02:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
No such thing as an a la carte tax system though. You can't waive your "police protection fee" or opt in for your "national park fee". My house never burned down, why are some of my taxes going to the fire station?

If your beef is with those that abuse the system (like welfare baby families), show me an abuse-proof a la carte tax system, and I'll stand right by you supporting it.
Again, that's apple v.s. orange.

Police fee is for everybody to benefit. Same as fire department. It's like insurance - we pay for insurance in case we need it.

Not like insurance, child care, school tax and property tax only benefit the people with children while penalizing the people without children. Children should be the responsibility of their parents, not taxpayers.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:09 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,663,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Because you walk and ride on public roads. And you don't pay the same taxes as someone with a car. They pay vehicle registration, which you do not.
I almost cry thinking about how daft we have become as a society.

woo00000Ooooosshhhhh . . . .

Old 03-29-2016, 02:09 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I was recently talking about how parents get all kinds of perks (like paternity leave, tax write-offs, more time off work etc) and how those of us without kids don't get jack. Well, the lady I was talking to went on the usual bovine tirade about how she "needs" those services...btw, I am absolutely through showing any respect to "mothers" and will refer to those cows by their rightful names, "bovines", for the remainder of this thread. And yes, I did call the abusive, grotesque creature that brought me into this wretched state we call "life" by such names too. But I digress.

Anyhow, the bovine went on and on about "I have children and need x,y, and z and you don't need anything else because you don't have any." I asked "well, if I don't get those things, than what do I get?"
"Nothing because you don't need any special services because you don't have kids!" And then I whipped out the finishing move: I said "so...having no kids is enough of a privilege?"

She, like any good cow, looked at me and said "No! You are missing out if you don't have kids!"
Well...if I am missing out, why not any perks for me? She stormed away, having lost the argument.

Yeah, you get more time off if you have kids, pay less in taxes etc. And the reason is obvious and we all know it: if you have spawn, you are at a disadvantage to those of us who understand that little poop-machines are not worth the hassle. Hence you need special treatment to put yourselves on equal footing with us.

It is societies attempt to make breeders equal with those of us who understand birth control. Hence, some inequality must exist. Why not admit it?

And I will even stop my usual family-hating rhetoric to say this: you value your kids. Fair enough. Is it so hard to admit those of us who do not are going to have an easier time in the workforce and in life in general? Even if you do enjoy being a parent for reasons I can't fathom, is it so hard to admit that it is a trade-off?

I can sleep in for as long as I want to (aside from getting up for work) not worry about money and do what I want, when I want to. I can live in a tiny apartment in the middle of a city and not worry about schools or whatever. I can take another job in another city and leave and not care about resettling a clan or runny-nosed screamers and my schedule is mine and mine alone (aside from work)

So honestly, who is "missing out" here?

The other day I walk up at 1pm, smoked some refer (legal here) and went to a bar and then just kind of did...whatever. In quiet. No other human demanding my time or energy. Just me. I think "fambly" people secretly envy people like me, they are just too weak to admit it.

So keep your tax breaks and your paid paternity leave, and your eternal excuse for being late to work that I am not allowed to dispute. I'll keep my disposable income, good night's sleep, and all around fun life.

We both know I am the one who has come out ahead in life.
Free Country to choose to have kids or not. I feel so great having kids and wouldn't trade with you in a million years. I'm glad you are happy and so am I.

I have heard Greg Gutfeld say very nasty things about kids as he doesn't like kids at all. Since than I change channels when I see him although honestly if I happen to be on his channel after turning the TV on and someone else is talking I sometimes stay on the channel for a little while but clearly can see why I don't have much in common with Greg and understand why we would never be friends.

We have friends who are older than us and they don't have kids but at least they never made any nasty remarks.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:17 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,637,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Again, that's apple v.s. orange.

Police fee is for everybody to benefit. Same as fire department. It's like insurance - we pay for insurance in case we need it.

Not like insurance, child care, school tax and property tax only benefit the people with children while penalizing the people without children. Children should be the responsibility of their parents, not taxpayers.

This has all been explained to you before, by me and others. Willfully ignoring the benefits (job creation, commerce creation, home values) doesn't make them go away. You have the answer, whether you choose to ignore it is up to you.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:29 PM

4,952 posts, read 3,061,711 times
Quote:
No such thing as an a la carte tax system though. You can't waive your "police protection fee" or opt in for your "national park fee". My house never burned down, why are some of my taxes going to the fire station?

If your beef is with those that abuse the system (like welfare baby families), show me an abuse-proof a la carte tax system, and I'll stand right by you supporting it.
My suburb has an armored personnel carrier, and a leaf recycling truck at the cost of over half a mil.

Neither of which we need, yet park district fees went up. I'd settle for more competent spending in this country across the board, as 80% of what I pay for I don't want.

Here's a novel idea, you have more than 2 kids you go into a higher tax bracket.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:

This has all been explained to you before, by me and others. Willfully ignoring the benefits (job creation, commerce creation, home values) doesn't make them go away. You have the answer, whether you choose to ignore it is up to you.
I didn't ignore anything. I said before, if that's the case, we should implement some measure to ensure children don't grow up to become a drain for the society.

Too many children grow up to murder, rape, rob, steal, bloodsucking the society. If taxpayers are footing the bill, at least we need to know our money is well spent.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:43 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I didn't ignore anything. I said before, if that's the case, we should implement some measure to ensure children don't grow up to become a drain for the society.

Too many children grow up to murder, rape, rob, steal, bloodsucking the society. If taxpayers are footing the bill, at least we need to know our money is well spent.
Whoa, wait a second, are you seriously blaming people who have children for some of those children later growing up and committing murders and rapes? I suppose that does dampen the economy, doesn't it? How about we just kill everyone then. Problem solved right?

Old 03-29-2016, 02:47 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,637,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Whoa, wait a second, are you seriously blaming people who have children for some of those children later growing up and committing murders and rapes? I suppose that does dampen the economy, doesn't it? How about we just kill everyone then. Problem solved right?
You just quoted someone that also wrote that immigrants must be millionaires to enter the US. It's a comedy goldmine.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:18 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
So many false assumptions on this thread. There is not much "commendable" simply about having your own kids as so many have insinuated-I look at couples that adopt and foster children and see them as much more beneficial to society than the vast number of people that plop out kid after kid without having the time, dedication or will to raise them whole.

It is not inherently "selfish" or "immature" to not want your own child-in fact often the opposite is true. Many have their children for selfish motives or because society often implies that a person is not complete unless they do. So many in our society look at Mothers and Fathers as inherently "good people" or "complete" and often a single childless person has many false assumptions working against them.

It is not inherently good for society or the World to have your own children. Don't people realize that there are Millions of children in the foster system or waiting to be adopted? A couple or person is often more beneficial to society at whole going that route instead of bringing another into the World.

People without kids are not always "forgotten" or left with no legacy. Many of the most important and influential people in history had no children of their own. Often, a person/activist has more time and can make a bigger impact on the World without having to change/focus their life on their children. They can take risks and "fight the good fight" without having to take into consideration other people they brought into the World.

I look at my parents, and many others, with the utmost respect-they raised 6 great people and sacrificed so much of their lives to do so-but let's not kid ourselves (hah-no pun intended) many do not or cannot do the same yet they have them anyway. I don't know if I will have children of my own-I may/may not or I may adopt, but some of these assumptions on people without children are dangerous.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 03-29-2016 at 03:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies