Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 10:46 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
"settling a case" does not mean admitting wrong. It is simply expedient and less expensive to settle than to keep fighting it.

So, if the left thinks they won with a 'settlement' on anything, they are mislabeling it.
No, settling on this case and then changing the university's policies towards transgender people is admitting they were wrong.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:46 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Which law allows men to "ogle women" in the bathroom? Also, what woman is going to use a bathroom that has men ogling them? Also, it isn't going to be the transgender woman ogling other women, it is the straight male who can already enter a woman's bathroom if they choose to do so.

Also, you seemed to dodge my statement. Are you still upset that your state was forced to legalize gay marriage?
I already said I don't care, in fact, I voted to allow gay marriage in my state. I personally don't think states should be involved in marriage but if they do, I support gays to have the same rights that heteros have.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:51 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I don't care if gays get married (and especially I don't care what sates that are not mine decide to do), I think it's good for the legal profession when they get divorced, so good for commerce.

This law will allow perverts to legally go into the W bathroom and ogle women...they could do it without the law, just not legally. My primary objection is to people that don't live in NC thinking what they believe has to be what a state they don't live in believes.
Are they going to ogle me while I wash my hands? Touch up my makeup? What on earth do you think they can see in a women's restroom?

Old 04-16-2016, 11:02 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I don't care if gays get married (and especially I don't care what sates that are not mine decide to do), I think it's good for the legal profession when they get divorced, so good for commerce.

This law will allow perverts to legally go into the W bathroom and ogle women...they could do it without the law, just not legally. My primary objection is to people that don't live in NC thinking what they believe has to be what a state they don't live in believes.
Making it a law that you must use the bathroom that matches the genitals you were born with, or not having that law doesn't change anything regarding whether men could be in a woman's bathroom...

If you force a person who was born with female genitals to use a woman's bathroom, you will end up with someone who transitioned to a man, maybe complete with beard legally in women's bathrooms. So you still have legal, male appearing people in women's bathrooms. So non tg rapists, oglers, etc, could still go in there and try to say they were born a female.
So no difference in that, even having that law. The only difference, is that you would now endanger men who became women, that would now have to use the Men's bathroom, where there are many incidences of rape, assault and abuse on mtf tg people.

The law is a feel good law designed to pander to people's fears, that doesn't do anything except endanger tg people.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:13 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,562 times
Sums up my thoughts about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dBpR36VFQM

Old 04-16-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Are they going to ogle me while I wash my hands? Touch up my makeup? What on earth do you think they can see in a women's restroom?
That is a good question, in another thread about this same topic, it seems like a poster thinks women just walk around naked exposing themselves to children and think men will start wearing dresses into the women's room to be aroused by all the women and children walking around naked.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:46 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
If the man had their penis and balls surgically removed and a vagina formed, then they should be allowed to use a female bathroom. If they haven't had the surgery, then they are still a man, no matter how they dress or feel and should not be allowed.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If the man had their penis and balls surgically removed and a vagina formed, then they should be allowed to use a female bathroom. If they haven't had the surgery, then they are still a man, no matter how they dress or feel and should not be allowed.
And how will anyone know what a person's genitalia look like? If someone looks and acts like a man or a woman, then they identify with that gender and should be able to use the bathroom that matches their identity.

Until the day the government creates the genitalia inspectors to be placed outside of every public bathroom, people should use the rest room that matched the gender they identify with.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:16 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
And how will anyone know what a person's genitalia look like? If someone looks and acts like a man or a woman, then they identify with that gender and should be able to use the bathroom that matches their identity.

Until the day the government creates the genitalia inspectors to be placed outside of every public bathroom, people should use the rest room that matched the gender they identify with.
Maybe they think we should have dmv take photos of our genitals and have a genital ID card that you show in order to go into the restroom. .

I've never seen someone's genitals in a bathroom.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:34 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,040,399 times
Couldn't resist.

Biz Markie - T.S.R. (Toilet Stool Rap)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies