Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 06:44 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times

Advertisements

Aren't all races racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 06:58 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Hold on let me get out my lawn jockey.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:02 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Why do y'all think BLM speaks for all blacks?

Does KKK speak for all white folks?

Don't answer that.

Mick

Old 04-11-2016, 03:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I live in Louisville. Not being a homer but it IS the most prestigious race in the world. Everyone should visit the derby museum. It brings tears to your eyes.

Let them protest. We don't care.

As an aside... The first jockey to win on Aristides was black
Now tell us the rest of the story about black jockeys being pushed out of horse racing in this country after dominating it in its early years.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:45 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Now tell us the rest of the story about black jockeys being pushed out of horse racing in this country after dominating it in its early years.
Then you better not have a World Series or Superbowl party either.

You'll be hard pressed to have some sort of event party for anything that I can't find similar bad history related to it, link it to cultural appropriation or euro-centric origins.

Go ahead, throw out some more party themes and I'll point out how offensive they are for a white sorority to have it.

At some point, going after groups that are predominantly white because you can find a flimsy link to history where women or minorities weren't treated fairly is IMO racially abusive. The Sorority should have turned the tables and put in a theme about women empowerment and how when the race wasn't first ran they couldn't vote and call the protesters anti-woman.

Last edited by Mathguy; 04-11-2016 at 07:56 AM..

Old 04-11-2016, 07:46 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
There is a mental sickness going on in this country.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:54 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,209,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
resentful white jockeys at northern raceways conspired to force blacks off the track, in some cases literally. During the 1900 racing season, white jockeys in New York warned trainers and owners not to mount any black riders if they expected to win. They carried out their threats by boxing in black jockeys and riding them into—and sometimes over—the rails.

But I thought only the South was racist!

I think some of these protesters are just pissed they weren't invited to party.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Beating horses with a whip so they can run in a circle would top my list of beefs with the Derby but whatever floats your boat.

Very seldom is the whip used during a race.
The jockeys that do use the whip, are not the jockeys riding very often.

A whip may be used during training, but during a race, the whip is usually flashed/waved in front of the horses head.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Same with black US. Marshals, and the reason Unions were made to keep blacks out. A racist federal government, called progressive democrat.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Then you better not have a World Series or Superbowl party either.

You'll be hard pressed to have some sort of event party for anything that I can't find similar bad history related to it, link it to cultural appropriation or euro-centric origins.

Go ahead, throw out some more party themes and I'll point out how offensive they are for a white sorority to have it.

At some point, going after groups that are predominantly white because you can find a flimsy link to history where women or minorities weren't treated fairly is IMO racially abusive. The Sorority should have turned the tables and put in a theme about women empowerment and how when the race wasn't first ran they couldn't vote and call the protesters anti-woman.
First of all, you're talking to the wrong guy...I'm not against this sorority at all. Frankly, i'm disappointed that they capitulated to politically correct nonsense.

My point is that i don't wanna hear about the great old days of black jockeys in horseracing and how blacks shouldn't be offended by how racist the sport has been historically when they basically excluded black folks for a century.

As for baseball, i give NO credence to the sport before 1947. None. It doesn't even exist to me until Jackie Robinson showed up.

The SuperBowl? The NFL was an integrated league by the time the SuperBowl came around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies