Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 05:29 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times

Advertisements

The next town to where I grew up in Marin County, California, had statuettes of black jockeys as an item of decor on its Main Street. They were removed due to protests in the 1980s. The Social Justice Warriors have been at it since the 1960s with no end in sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 05:38 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
But Woodrow Wilson was progressive. And southern. And one of the most racist presidents in history.
Margaret Sanger -- founder of Planned Parenthood -- was another racist progressive who wanted blacks out of the gene pool.

Why aren't BLM and the SJWs protesting Planned Parenthood?

Old 04-12-2016, 06:15 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First of all, you're talking to the wrong guy...I'm not against this sorority at all. Frankly, i'm disappointed that they capitulated to politically correct nonsense. ...
I'm not against the sorority. & rather than perceiving it as capitulating to 'politically correctness,' personally, I prefer to see it as they chose to 'turn the other cheek' if they got so 'butt hurt' about the whole thing.

Personally, I think it would have packed a bit more bunch if they had decided to turn their other cheeks.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:10 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
No broodmare goes back to the track. They have been retired or they would not have been bred.
Yes the industry denies the fact foals are taken from racing horses and nursed by broodmares while those foals are sent to slaughter?
Its a dirty little secret.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:13 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,023 times
Everyone is a special snowflake. Were the LGBT students invited? Of course, I assume they had to be white, but that's beside the point.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:16 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,023 times
Quote:
Now tell us the rest of the story about black jockeys being pushed out of horse racing in this country after dominating it in its early years.

The blacks may have been kicked out of horse racing but they sure have done well in the NBA.....just sayin. Is that fair to whites?

Old 04-12-2016, 09:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
The blacks may have been kicked out of horse racing but they sure have done well in the NBA.....just sayin. Is that fair to whites?
Whites weren't kicked out of the NBA at any point it its history. Not nearly the same thing. Find a better analogy. Ask a white person if its fair to them. I'm not white, and i'm not obsessed with fairness.

Blacks were kicked out of horse racing AFTER being too successful at it.

I don't give a damn about horse racing one way or another...or that blacks were pushed out of it. That's not my point. My point is that i don't really need white folks trying to cover for horse racing's racist past (and present) by patronizing me with nonsense about how blacks have this wonderful history in the sport, which is why modern day black folks should look upon horse racing with rose colored glasses.

Uhhh...no. Screw horse racing.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:14 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I support a very frank dialogue about racism in our country. But there is a point at which intelligent people must be getting embarrased by the targets of some of those self-appointed "justice seekers".
I passed the point of disgust a long time ago. Every time I see one of these idiots, I want to grab 'em by the front of the shirt and say, "Get off my side."

Quote:
“[It is] related to pre-war southern culture,” KDE vice president Nikol Oydanich told The Dartmouth newspaper. “[The] Derby was a party that had the power to upset a lot of our classmates.”
Where do these cretins get the notion that they have a right to go through life without being upset? It's downright alarming to realize that this is the generation that's going to be running our country in 20 to 30 years.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:21 PM

10,029 posts, read 15,679,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes the industry denies the fact foals are taken from racing horses and nursed by broodmares while those foals are sent to slaughter?
Its a dirty little secret.
No mare, once she has foaled, is ever returned to the track. They are retired before they are bred.

If a mare dies during the process of foaling, or if she is injured giving birth, the foal is given to a nurse mare. Otherwise, broodmares always nurture their own offspring.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:34 PM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Whites weren't kicked out of the NBA at any point it its history.
True.

However based upon disparate impact they are being racially excluded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies