Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 02:28 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I have all of the confidence in the world that if it became the "strongest man survives", black people have all of the chance in the world of surviving. We have to put things in perspective. The world was largely segregated 500 years ago. Black people didn't understand Western society, and probably had no idea how to operate in such complex forms of government. Blacks were also not allowed to have any education as well, nor understand this technology that only white people had. This wasn't a "level" playing field.

But since technology has gotten to a point where anyone can use it and anyone can understand it. Then we may see more balance if the two groups had to compete. And I think this type of competition is good for America. Also it is very possible that the market will have blacks and other groups unifying for shared economic interest the way that businesses do.

I can see nothing but positives behind relying totally on market and getting government out of the picture.
The bold made me nearly gasp!

Maybe you meant 50 years ago, not 500. 500 years ago was in the 1500s. There was not concept of "black people" as we know it today. People in Africa had the same forms of technology and in many cases superior technology versus people in Europe.

You REALLY need to take an elementary history course. The 1500s were no where near what you are describing.

Even in relation to American history, I can tell you are very much ignorant. The whole concept of chattel slavery in the US didn't even take a solid hold until the late 1600s/early 1700s, which is when raced based discrimination became rampant in this country to a wide degree.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:37 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,481 times
Is this a serious thread

Old 05-10-2016, 02:37 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Reality shows us otherwise. Natural rights are not respected without action to back it up. It often takes mandates from the law to make sure one's rights are respected. I am of the school of thought that many human beings will do bad things to one another. Natural rights depends on mutual trust, which has rarely been in ample supply.

I'm glad you're not one of those reality resistors.

United States of America's history reveals a long nearly unbroken line of resistance to Civil Rights.

Some folks resisted the outcomes & natural consequences of the American Civil War therefore Jim Crow laws were created to follow the 1800–1866 Black Codes, which had previously restricted the civil rights & civil liberties of African Americans.

During the Reconstruction period of 1865–1877, federal law provided civil rights protection in the United States for freedmen, African Americans who had formerly been slaves, & former free blacks.

Some folks resisted the Civil Rights Act of 1875's guarantee that everyone, regardless of race, color, or previous condition of servitude, was entitled to the same treatment in public accommodations, such as inns, public transportation, theaters, & other places of recreation.

Segregation, Jim Crow laws & 'separate but equal' dogma were about maintaining or attempting to recover rights based on white supremacy that were lost when the Confederate States of America lost the American Civil War.

The Civil Rights of the 50s & 60s came (1950s & 60s) nearly 100 years after the Civil Rights Act of 1875!

& the OP? Seriously?

Old 05-10-2016, 02:40 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchywoman View Post
Yet MY Cherokee ancestors went on to recover from the Trail of Tears that you dismiss with a snide sneer.

What sneer? I said: "(not that the Cherokee don't still talk about the Trail of Tears--and justifiably so.)"

What part of "and justifiably so" a sneer? The sneer lies in your characterizing the voicing of injustice as "whining." It's not whining when we do it, it's not whining when you do it. But "whining" was your word, not mine.

Quote:
My Cherokee ancestors and other Native American tribes fought in every U.S war. My Cherokee ancestors and other Native American ancestors SPECIFICALLY were instrumental as code talkers in both WWI, but ESPECIALLY valuable in WWII.

Native American language was the ONLY language and code the Nazis, Italy, and the Japanese could NOT BREAK.

Why? Because when you interloping EUROPEANS infected Native Americans with EUROPEAN diseases, you sent my people off to live on reservations. You people deliberately used germ warfare on the Cherokee and all other Native American tribes. You people deliberately handed out plague infested blankets KNOWING those infested blankets would kill. Then! Your kind put my ancestors, what was left, on reservations.

Made it ILLEGAL to speak our Native language. Some, however, still resisted. Some maintained (under threat of death) to pass that language on. Take a minute of your liberal time to say 'thanks' to those Native American code talkers who walked and talked you through both WWI, but ESPECIALLY through WWII.
"...You interloping EUROPEANS?" Who do you think you're talking to? I have fewer European genes than you do.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Yet MY Cherokee ancestors went on to recover from the Trail of Tears that you dismiss with a snide sneer. My Cherokee ancestors and other Native American tribes fought in every U.S war. My Cherokee ancestors and other Native American ancestors SPECIFICALLY were instrumental as code talkers in both WWI, but ESPECIALLY valuable in WWII.

Native American language was the ONLY language and code the Nazis, Italy, and the Japanese could NOT BREAK.

Why? Because when you interloping EUROPEANS infected Native Americans with EUROPEAN diseases, you sent my people off to live on reservations. You people deliberately used germ warfare on the Cherokee and all other Native American tribes. You people deliberately handed out plague infested blankets KNOWING those infested blankets would kill. Then! Your kind put my ancestors, what was left, on reservations.

Made it ILLEGAL to speak our Native language. Some, however, still resisted. Some maintained (under threat of death) to pass that language on. Take a minute of your liberal time to say 'thanks' to those Native American code talkers who walked and talked you through both WWI, but ESPECIALLY through WWII.

LOL on the above.

So is it your view that:

• Black people have not recovered from slavery....?
  • Black people did not fight in every US war....? (FYI - it was the Navajo who were Code Talkers in WWII not the Cherokee....two different tribes....)
Ralph is black BTW...

LOL at your Code Talkers talk. You, like the OP don't know (recent) history. FYI, the Cherokee were involved in WW1 not WW2.

History Net - Navajo Code Talkers - World War II

Old 05-10-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The whole concept of chattel slavery in the US didn't even take a solid hold until the late 1600s/early 1700s, which is when raced based discrimination became rampant in this country to a wide degree.
I would point out, too, that even as the concept of chattel slavery began to coalesce in the US, certain people like Roger Williams were already preaching against it...there was never a time that such a heinous moral concept went unchallenged. That is actually an even more severe indictment--they knew it was wrong even as they did it.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:43 PM

96 posts, read 126,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The bold made me nearly gasp!

The whole concept of chattel slavery in the US didn't even take a solid hold until the late 1600s/early 1700s, which is when raced based discrimination became rampant in this country to a wide degree.
Hmm. Do you ever take time to read previous posts? I said it before, but for your sake, I will repeat myself. Europeans (and YES they owned slaves, too) and what has become to be known as 'Americans'. did NOT sail to Africa and chase black people through the jungle with nets.

Their OWN tribes hunted their 'undesirables' down. Got it? Their own tribal CHIEFTAINS hunted their 'undesirable' people down and HAPPILY sold all them to both Europeans and the newly founded Americans. For whatever shiny baubles, trinkets, and coins they could get.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Hmm. Do you ever take time to read previous posts? I said it before, but for your sake, I will repeat myself. Europeans (and YES they owned slaves, too) and what has become to be known as 'Americans'. did NOT sail to Africa and chase black people through the jungle with nets.

Their OWN tribes hunted their 'undesirables' down. Got it? Their own tribal CHIEFTAINS hunted their 'undesirable' people down and HAPPILY sold all them to both Europeans and the newly founded Americans. For whatever shiny baubles, trinkets, and coins they could get.
And this differs in what significant way from Indian tribes colluding with whites against other Indian tribes?

You're going down a fruitless path, apparently attempting to argue "We were more oppressed by Europeans than you were!"

That's a silly path, and I'm certainly not going to follow you down it. Indians to this day have valid complaints about how the US is treating them (such as the difficulty of prosecuting whites who commit crimes in the Indian Nation regions). Blacks to this day have our equally valid complaints.

Playing this "We're more oppressed than you are game" is foolish.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:54 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,668 times
Quote:
The Ayn Rand philosophy (should you choose to Google it) will explain that to you. I notice that in one of your earlier posts you called me out as being a 'brute'. When I responded to your claim, and offered a reasonable explanation refuting that, you did not reply.

Instead you took another route to keep on misrepresenting (whatever).
Quote:
Yet MY Cherokee ancestors went on to recover from the Trail of Tears that you dismiss with a snide sneer. ...
No one that I can see here has called you a 'brute.' I believe you may have used that word?

Haven't seen the 'snide sneer' either. What's up?

Old 05-10-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:

LOL, you should take your own advice. The portion of my post of which you quoted was not even directed at you and had nothing to do with your response.

Maybe you quoted the wrong one. You should respond to the fact that your Cherokee ancestors never were code talkers in WW2 unless they will magically become Navajo ancestors.

And FWIW, I doubt you are even part Cherokee. Most Americans (white and black) claim to be "part Indian" and usually say they are Cherokee when they aren't. You're probably part black .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies