Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 08:04 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
You can say whatever you want. I dont deserve anything. Im allowed to think ehat i think. As for the pics, they knew what they were getting into when they signed that dotted line.
You are allowed to think what you think, and everyone else is allowed to tell you how uneducated those thoughts are. And you knew that you would NOT get those benefits if you did not join. So don't go asking for them now.

By the way, you need to read the Constitution that you think you don't need. It is required for the Fed Government to spend money on our defense/military. Every time someone cries about "spend money on the military" I realize that they have never even read the Constitution beyond the 1st Amendment because they LOVE to throw that one out there, "I can say what I want!!"

If you don't need the Constitution, by all means, go find a new country.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:05 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
You can say whatever you want. I dont deserve anything. Im allowed to think ehat i think. As for the pics, they knew what they were getting into when they signed that dotted line.
You dont think you deserved government vaccination programs when you were a child? Clean air and drinking water? Schooling, libraries, sewage systems? All paid for by tax payer dollars so we can live in a civilized society and not the type of jungle society you envision as a dream society?

Old 05-16-2016, 08:06 PM

26,496 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianvegan View Post
Our healthcare is still the best and no one goes bankrupt. "Sarry" (as you Americans would say in your hideous accent) but we still beat you there.
LOL

Let's review...

#1 You are gullible enough to think he flew to the US to pay for the expensive surgery out of his own pocket, because he wanted to spend time in his condo instead of getting it for free in Canada.

#2 You say Canada has better hospitals, when confronted with facts to the contrary, you ignore it.

#3 Now you are saying that Canada has the best healthcare system? Try 30th best, look US is 31st best, because millions aren't covered, but hospitals themselves are ranked tops on earth.

Keep mocking our accents, because facts aren't working out well for you, eh?

Old 05-16-2016, 08:07 PM

404 posts, read 366,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You are allowed to think what you think, and everyone else is allowed to tell you how uneducated those thoughts are. And you knew that you would NOT get those benefits if you did not join. So don't go asking for them now.
I will ask for them and i do actively campaign to lessen veterans preferenve and the gi bill. When ive had two vets misuse the gi bill, thats MY tax dollars they are wasting

Old 05-16-2016, 08:09 PM

404 posts, read 366,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

By the way, you need to read the Constitution that you think you don't need. It is required for the Fed Government to spend money on our defense/military. Every time someone cries about "spend money on the military" I realize that they have never even read the Constitution beyond the 1st Amendment because they LOVE to throw that one out there, "I can say what I want!!"

If you don't need the Constitution, by all means, go find a new country.
Ok show me where i said i didnt need the constitution. I said that i didnt need someone to fight my battles for me, never did i mention the constitution.

Ahb the tried and true, if you dont like it then leave, that ignorant conservatives spout out. A coward turns tail and runs, a brave man fights for his rights, even if people dont agree.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:13 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
As in compensation, you mean a paycheck like everyone else?
No, I don't mean that. I don't think you know what compensation package means. Google is your friend

Old 05-16-2016, 08:18 PM

155 posts, read 101,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
With the miniscule amount of money that we pay our military, the least we can do is take care of their health needs.

ThIs why I have zero respect for liberals: You seem to have no problem with paying the average career welfare recipient to sit on their lazy ***** at home while paying for their food, housing, utilities, and everything else - with money stolen from actual workers - and try to shout down those of us who complain about evident welfare fraud. However, God forbid that we take care of the people who make it possible for not only those welfare recipients to receive other people's money, but also protect your right to spout meaningless drivel like this thread. And now, you want to claim that because you were born, you deserve the same benefits as the men and women who selflessly sacrifice years of their lives - and sometimes all of their life - to protect you. You aren't deserving of their benefits, go earn your own.

The main point of my argument isn't really about how I deserve these benefits. I am a young, healthy male who rarely visits the doctor, and am in my 20s. I am saying that society would be better off in the aggregate if everyone received these benefits. Reducing the cost of healthcare by implementing a system like the NHS in America would increase the savings of American families and allow them to spend more money, which would benefit the economy. And Europe (esp. the UK and British Commonwealth nations) have proven that quality of care exceeding or equaling our quality of care can be provided at a fraction of our cost and with greater (in fact, universal) access.

Increased education correlates with increased happiness and greater self-actualization, and greater per capita GDP. Self-actualized people are happy, and happy people are productive. Yes, the military is important, and yes, they deserve their benefits as I've said. Our dreams and aspirations are just as important as their sacrifices.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
. I said that i didnt need someone to fight my battles for me,.
yet you believe universal healthcare?

Old 05-16-2016, 08:19 PM

26,496 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
As in compensation, you mean a paycheck like everyone else?
Not who you are talking to, but...

A few years ago, the Wall Street Journal had a great article talking about "compensation." Currently, they estimate that only 69% of ones compensation is salary for the typical employee. Meaning 31% comes in the form of other forms of compensation not in the form of salary.

Compensation could include, but is not limited to:

-Salary
-Health Insurance
-Life Insurance
-Dental Insurance
-Vision Insurance
-Retirement Plan (Pension, 401K match, etc...)
-Paid Time off
-Extra Maternity Leave
-Paid Tuition for higher ed classes
-Scholarship for children
-LifeLock identity theft coverage
-Company Car
-Social Security Employer Match
-Free Sams Club Membership ***My wife gets this!
-Free Gym Membership

etc...

Old 05-16-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I will ask for them and i do actively campaign to lessen veterans preferenve and the gi bill. When ive had two vets misuse the gi bill, thats MY tax dollars they are wasting
You said "misuse", report them, problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies